Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
the no contingent had better hope that this remains sold out as I'm sure Disney/Marvel wouldn't consider doing an alternate version if the first one doesn't sell out.

This constant talk about using the poster art, I can't think of any Marvel steelbook that used release poster art, unused alt art yes, Imax art maybe, teaser art perhaps but not the cinema poster ( for initial release , I'm unsure of a couple of Zavvi re-issues) Avengers used the logo, Captain America The first avenger used his shield and Iron Man Three: the arc reactor (which I recall being hated once revealed as well) . If Thor had a recognisable logo I'm sure they would have used that as well.

The reason I buy steelbooks is that they tend to use alternate art to the general release. If I wanted the poster art I would buy the amaray

Also if this is the worst design ever you've not seen 22 Jump street.

But that's just an opinion...

i think in time, and with a few years of hindsight after the dust has settled, this steelbook will stand out among others as unique. with poster art it would be immediately more pleasing to look at, but at the same time, it would be obvious.

i think people are upset mostly because it isnt what they were expecting.. i think once you get over the fact its something different, or at least, tries to be different, its becomes easier to accept it for what it is.

i think in time, and with a few years of hindsight after the dust has settled, this steelbook will stand out among others as unique. with poster art it would be immediately more pleasing to look at, but at the same time, it would be obvious.

i think people are upset mostly because it isn't what they were expecting.. i think once you get over the fact its something different, or at least, tries to be different, its becomes easier to accept it for what it is.

Look if it wants to be different then fine....designing it as a Walkman is a fantastic idea BUT ONLY IF it's a replica of the one which he uses in the film.

The fact that it's different makes the entire thing silly and pointless. I mean at that point if you had heard because of legal issues you can't go through with your idea then I would just let it go right there. I would be more ticked off if they designed like that without finding out if there was legal issues in the first place.

The Art is just awful. If the tape door opened it would be cool. With all the cool stuff Futurepak is doing with metal, Innovative sound, detailed embossing, better quality metal. Steelbook better catch up.

US release date updated to 12/9 for the steel according to BB. It will probably be a poor seller, unless of course BB pulls a CA2 by sweetening the deal and offering extra $$ off with a TV title purchase :)

or get a WEA awesome design (ala TASM1)

uM6Y3qa.jpg

Saw this and thought it'd be nice on the front as J-card or 1/4 slip art.

this would have been better off as the inner art. I do like the idea as the walkman was so integral to the movie, but the design is so dull for such a colourful space romp film

Reactions: Ataneruo
Status
Not open for further replies.