Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
Absolutely! I would have liked the Walkman idea if they had done 2 things:

1: Used the correct Walkman
2: Given a free set of replica headphones to go with it

Imagine @AgentMcQueen's awesome artwork (below) on display with a set of the headphones over the top, now THAT would be a premium product that would look amazing!

BJu3aIzl.jpg

That indeed. It would make me drool over it! Seemingly small changes can do a great amount. And im one of those that dislike the current art very much.

Reactions: dfoles
Absolutely! I would have liked the Walkman idea if they had done 2 things:

1: Used the correct Walkman
2: Given a free set of replica headphones to go with it

Imagine @AgentMcQueen's awesome artwork (below) on display with a set of the headphones over the top, now THAT would be a premium product that would look amazing!

BJu3aIzl.jpg

I agree entirely. If they use the proper Walkman, or even at least made an effort to have the same color (I know this isn't a Sony movie, licensing, blah blah), it would be so much better with that one change. And having a title on the spine.

It's not a bad design idea, it's just poorly executed.

Reactions: BradG1984
I just now cancelled as soon as I saw the final art posted on BB site - UGH!!!!! I WILL NOT BUY THIS MOVIE EITHER until Marvel gives another company, blufans or kimchi, rights to do an artistic cover with actor on it. It's a shame because this could have been "knocked out of the park by Disney" but they failed miserably.
@jdslater above showed some great art that would have been so much more appropriate than "salving" someone's ego with a cassette!

Last edited:
People think that the steel will still sell despite the FAIL job, but I disagree. The Blu-ray amaray & DVD will sell well and the steel will end up in the bargain section (especially in the US) unless some smart marketing offer is initiated (ala CA2 BB discount with TV title purchase). Does anyone remember that dreadful Monster Uni WWA design? Still available on Zavvi and in other countries.

Funny.

People who have no idea how to use Photoshop or people who know the basics only are able to come up with artworks 500% better than the one that Disney, the multi-million dollar company couldn't.

Great work so far, guys. All the artworks shared are great, in comparison with the awful artwork Disney has chosen... or not.

Last edited:
I'm all for the Walkman design currently scheduled. How many people would have expected that before it was announced? It's central to the main character's storyline, but not the most obvious choice perhaps - which for me makes it great. Anything which significantly differentiates it from the amaray version has my dosh.

I wonder what the reaction would've been if the Star Trek steelbook had a Millennium Falcon on it. Its still a spaceship, right? Its the wrong spaceship, but its still a spaceship.

People would've gone mental, and rightly so. Yes, this is a cassette player, but its the wrong cassette player. It may as well be a bloody pineapple for all the relevance it has to the film.

Also...
I'm all for the Walkman design currently scheduled. How many people would have expected that before it was announced? It's central to the main character's storyline, but not the most obvious choice perhaps - which for me makes it great. Anything which significantly differentiates it from the amaray version has my dosh.
Its not a Walkman :thumbs:

I wonder what the reaction would've been if the Star Trek steelbook had a Millennium Falcon on it. Its still a spaceship, right? Its the wrong spaceship, but its still a spaceship.

People would've gone mental, and rightly so. Yes, this is a cassette player, but its the wrong cassette player. It may as well be a bloody pineapple for all the relevance it has to the film.

Also...

Its not a Walkman :thumbs:

"Walkman" was intended generically!

I'm guessing they are going ahead with this then

What a shame :|

Well you never know like Captain America and Thor maybe this will get a re-release from someone else in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.