Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling off all my stuff i have realised that i had loads. (more than i thought) I am just now starting to see the back of the shelf. Still have too many left - half a billy bookcase double stacked. I need to turn the room in to my little boys room soon. My wife is saying you have been going to the post office everyday. How do you have any left!

That i do not have the answer too lol

It will get to a point where musicmagpie will be option for me. No bubble wrap just in a box with a label they provide. And they pick up from the house. (long way off that but i feel that will be how i clear my shelves)

Reactions: lgans316
Just to point out that I wasn't ignoring you when you tagged me mate... I'd already gone to bed by that point so have literally only just seen your post.

Did you order with the 10% code by the way? I missed it, but am fairly happy to happy £25 for this movie anyway... that may change once the artwork is revealed though. :ohno:

No worries, I should of tagged some others I suppose

Anyway @digitalbabe kindly explained why - which I've been aware of before but didn't think it would happen to this and hopefully my recommendation/ suggestion of letting us know in the future instead of panic (lol) hasn't gone a miss

I have mate, and I did. Hoping the art is decent :)rofl:) but will Most likely also get kimchi collection version (as they seem to have taken over from nova) and blufans WEA too at some point later in the year

Going to see it Monday or Tuesday at IMAX (mates treat :))

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I am sure by end of 2017, you will need a brand new IKEA shelf :)

Here is how mine looks. It is messy. Each partition holds about 80-100 Steels and as it is already full, I had to put the rest in cardboard boxes and put them on top. :( This is why soon I will be doing a massive clearance.

Making things worse, I got 200+ Steels back in my home country. So it is going to be a nightmare in clearing them all.

Just one of the many Joys of collecting.

Here is how mine looks. It is messy. Each partition holds about 80-100 Steels and as it is already full, I had to put the rest in cardboard boxes and put them on top. :( This is why soon I will be doing a massive clearance.

Making things worse, I got 200+ Steels back in my home country. So it is going to be a nightmare in clearing them all.
A lot of duplicates there!

GotGv2 reorderd and I've got to kit out a room to hold mine. I really hope the numbers of steels isn't as near yours. I've not counted and now wonder what the wife will think when it's all on the shelves. :wtf:

Idea for the day: hows the ceiling? I think if you get a few IKEA hammocks in to store a few more, be worth a few photo's too if it works practically... :thumbs:

Ha ha ha. Preach!

I bought a whole new shelving setup about 6 months ago. It gave me enough space to grow by at least 500. I promised the wife it would last for ages.

As of writing this, I reckon I've got space left for 80 maybe. Whoops. Back to Ikea.

If you have the same Ikea "Billy" units that I have (H: 202 cm W: 80cm D: 28cm) you can fit over 1,000 steelbooks and/or Amarays in each.
"How so?" you may ask.
You just need to . . .
- Take off the backs . . . or rather don't put them on when assembling.
- Don't use the positioning holes in the frame or the tiny metal shelf supports or the skirting board thingy at the bottom.
- Re-configure the position of each shelf to fit 2 extra shelves per unit giving you a total of 11 (including the top extension bit) from floor level to top. Each shelf screwed through the frame by 4 decent-sized screws. (goes without saying that the weight of over 900 steelbooks is considerable so important to make everything as rigid as possible (particularly when not using the backs or metal diagonal bracing).
- Place a measure of E-form draughtproofing strip horizontally across the middle of each shelf as a central divider thus allowing steelbook storage on BOTH SIDES.

If you don't place the unit(s) in the usual way back-to-the-wall way . . . and instead place them at a RIGHT ANGLE to the wall (as in a library for example) . . . you will find that you can double your steelbook storage and you won't have to buy a new unit every few years.
Just ensure that the side against the wall is fixed securely with brackets or some such for added stability.

In conclusion:
- each "Billy" shelving unit can accomodate 10 shelves - plus 1 more if you have the ceiling height for the height extension unit - leaving just enough headroom above each row of steelbooks to make them accessible.
- each shelf can hold 47 + 47 steelbooks

RESULT IS STEELBOOK STORAGE FOR 1,034 regular sized STEELBOOKS per unit :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Danzigg1979
Had a text message in the morning to say low quantities for this. I presume 'low' is around 500 for Zavvi. It will sell out soon, probably today or tomorrow.

Well I have ordered mine so it will be a nice surprise when it rocks up around Christmas by at which point I will have forgotten I ordered it.

If you have the same Ikea "Billy" units that I have (H: 202 cm W: 80cm D: 28cm) you can fit over 1,000 steelbooks and/or Amarays in each.
"How so?" you may ask.
You just need to . . .
- Take off the backs . . . or rather don't put them on when assembling.
- Don't use the positioning holes in the frame or the tiny metal shelf supports or the skirting board thingy at the bottom.
- Re-configure the position of each shelf to fit 2 extra shelves per unit giving you a total of 11 (including the top extension bit) from floor level to top. Each shelf screwed through the frame by 4 decent-sized screws. (goes without saying that the weight of over 900 steelbooks is considerable so important to make everything as rigid as possible (particularly when not using the backs or metal diagonal bracing).
- Place a measure of E-form draughtproofing strip horizontally across the middle of each shelf as a central divider thus allowing steelbook storage on BOTH SIDES.

If you don't place the unit(s) in the usual way back-to-the-wall way . . . and instead place them at a RIGHT ANGLE to the wall (as in a library for example) . . . you will find that you can double your steelbook storage and you won't have to buy a new unit every few years.
Just ensure that the side against the wall is fixed securely with brackets or some such for added stability.

In conclusion:
- each "Billy" shelving unit can accomodate 10 shelves - plus 1 more if you have the ceiling height for the height extension unit - leaving just enough headroom above each row of steelbooks to make them accessible.
- each shelf can hold 47 + 47 steelbooks

RESULT IS STEELBOOK STORAGE FOR 1,034 regular sized STEELBOOKS per unit :thumbs:

Awesome.

I have the units in an alcove at the minute which perectly fits two of the full size units and the smaller one. I reckon I have space for at least another two full units along the wall though so I should be good for a while.

Beyond that, my wife will just have to move out.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Had a text message in the morning to say low quantities for this. I presume 'low' is around 500 for Zavvi. It will sell out soon, probably today or tomorrow.

Yeah I got the same one. I ordered mine just after midnight though when the fuc*ers text me. Having a new baby means sleep is precious at the moment, so cant say I was thrilled with the text.

Yeah I got the same one. I ordered mine just after midnight though when the fuc*ers text me. Having a new baby means sleep is precious at the moment, so cant say I was thrilled with the text.

I wasn't aware that marvels pre-order was on midnight. Just happened to be around at the time and made use of the discount code which zavvi regularly deactivates very soon. You should had kept your phone on silent at midnight! Your fault there bud lol

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust
Well I have ordered mine so it will be a nice surprise when it rocks up around Christmas by at which point I will have forgotten I ordered it.

Release will be around September, October latest