Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping the blufans gotg2 steelbook follows on from the first gotg and give's us something worth looking at ! Thread back on track !? Lol. Hats off to fellow Ninja's ! A force to be reckoned with !

Last edited:
Really looking forward to seeing the beauty shot for this... GOTG1 was my very first BluFans purchase, and to this day it's still one of my all-time favourites!

Admittedly not my best work, and I have no doubts that BF's will be 100x better, but here's a premium edition concept I came up with...

*UNOFFICIAL - FAN ART*

#10 GOTG2.png

Really looking forward to seeing the beauty shot for this... GOTG1 was my very first BluFans purchase, and to this day it's still one of my all-time favourites!

Admittedly not my best work, and I have no doubts that BF's will be 100x better, but here's a premium edition concept I came up with...

*UNOFFICIAL - FAN ART*

View attachment 322024

**** me that looks awesome

The possibilities on how good this can look are endless

I think your slip will be their steel though (well the front anyway)

The first guardians from blu fans (rocket and groot lenti) was my first ever BF purchase so I'm just going to say buy at your own risk because you will be hooked after. Some of my favourite in my entire collection are from BF and the R&G lenti is still my favourite lenti I own

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and harry
**** me that looks awesome

The possibilities on how good this can look are endless

I think your slip will be their steel though (well the front anyway)

The first guardians from blu fans (rocket and groot lenti) was my first ever BF purchase so I'm just going to say buy at your own risk because you will be hooked after. Some of my favourite in my entire collection are from BF and the R&G lenti is still my favourite lenti I own
Thanks mate. :)

Definitely! There's some amazing poster art for this movie, so they really can't go wrong. I'm actually hoping they do use my slip art (the front at least) as their steel art... would be nice to see the villains/other characters on the back though -- as always I was limited to whatever I could find on Google unfortunately.

I couldn't decide which to get with their GOTG1 release, so I got both with the intention of selling one later down the line... to this day I still can't decide which I like most though, so I still have them both sat on my shelf lol. I've picked up their Gone Girl lenti release since then and love that too! No doubt I'll pick up some others sooner or later as well. :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo

*UNOFFICIAL - FAN ART*

View attachment 322024
Nice work, looks awesome! :thumbs:
Think I'd prefer your box art on the steelbook itself though :)

Reactions: Noodles
Thanks mate. :)

Definitely! There's some amazing poster art for this movie, so they really can't go wrong. I'm actually hoping they do use my slip art (the front at least) as their steel art... would be nice to see the villains/other characters on the back though -- as always I was limited to whatever I could find on Google unfortunately.

I couldn't decide which to get with their GOTG1 release, so I got both with the intention of selling one later down the line... to this day I still can't decide which I like most though, so I still have them both sat on my shelf lol. I've picked up their Gone Girl lenti release since then and love that too! No doubt I'll pick up some others sooner or later as well. :thumbs:

Lol mate I well read your original post so wrong. I thought you said this will be your first purchase! Then I was all confused when you said you had Vol 1 and gone girl.

I still need to get the double lenti UE BF release at some point

I really like that black and white poster with them all leaning up against the wall but I see a colour version the other day and it looked amazing. Can't find it now though

*UNOFFICIAL - FAN ART*

View attachment 322024

Very nice package! The numbering card is great :D

Anyone seen the film "trolls" ? Springs to mind here ! "3d is not standard", of course it isn't, it never was, standard is "hd", soon to become "uhd" ! 3d is another layer to both hd and uhd and future super duper "suhd" (or whatever it's called). Take your 4k releases and add a 3d layer to it and tell me 4k standard is better !? Your argument does not make sense !

you feel agrevived i get that, but the manufacturers will do just what they do.
you banging on about it does not change a thing not one little jot.
what i think will happen is we will have 4k forced on everyone with new sets then when the market is saturated then you will start seeing 4k3d tvs be my 50p bet then 8k will be pushed to the hilt.
and if you think anything any of us say here will change anything you are living in cloud cuckoo land but as they say dream on...

basil :thumbs:

Lol mate I well read your original post so wrong. I thought you said this will be your first purchase! Then I was all confused when you said you had Vol 1 and gone girl.

I still need to get the double lenti UE BF release at some point

I really like that black and white poster with them all leaning up against the wall but I see a colour version the other day and it looked amazing. Can't find it now though
C'mon dude... I'm supposed to be the forgetful one in this relationship! We discussed BF's releases not too long ago, and I told you I only ones I owned were both GOTG editions. :rolleyes:

I actually really wanted to use that B&W image in my concept, but it didn't look right with the other imagery being so colourful. Even the coloured version didn't work unfortunately... I agree that it looks pretty amazing though!

Not that anyone's mentioned interior art, but I'd love to see them use the image below, especially as the spine would sit nicely down the middle without cutting anyone out...

bW93ycPSSi3Hxx1NvlMX5qm2mQu.jpg

C'mon dude... I'm supposed to be the forgetful one in this relationship! We discussed BF's releases not too long ago, and I told you I only ones I owned were both GOTG editions. :rolleyes:

I actually really wanted to use that B&W image in my concept, but it didn't look right with the other imagery being so colourful. Even the coloured version didn't work unfortunately... I agree that it looks pretty amazing though!

Not that anyone's mentioned interior art, but I'd love to see them use the image below, especially as the spine would sit nicely down the middle without cutting anyone out...

View attachment 322031

We can take it in turns. I was really tired earlier

I much prefer Inside art where you don't have to cut anyone out etc

Thank you both for the feedback. :notworthy:

Personally I thought the concept was one of my weaker attempts, but even the man himself seems to like it...

Nice, look at you and tridon getting in with the Stars! (You'll know what i mean)

• Thanks
you feel agrevived i get that, but the manufacturers will do just what they do.
you banging on about it does not change a thing not one little jot.
what i think will happen is we will have 4k forced on everyone with new sets then when the market is saturated then you will start seeing 4k3d tvs be my 50p bet then 8k will be pushed to the hilt.
and if you think anything any of us say here will change anything you are living in cloud cuckoo land but as they say dream on...

You have miss read and miss understood the thrust of the msg basil, i normally just sit back and watch it from afar. But after many one line comments implying everyone should buy 4k, its the future, then thinking like yourself in your above comments that there is nothing "you" can do saddens me that you feel helpless. You are correct in so much that they have dropped the current version of 3d, but this is only to be replaced by a more user friendly version. Most Ninjas buying steelbooks pay a premium over and above standard releases, but the hike in price with 4k steelbooks is distracting and playing on our goodwill to support premium media. Truth is, i don't care if the industry rips everyone of over their doomed resolution upgrade commonly referred to as 4k (yes 4k is old news in the tech development world); but i have alot of respect for the Ninjas on this site who really care about our fetish for all things better than the norm. If a few Ninjas wise up and concentrate on the packaging, save a few bob from a premium price blu ray "DISC", (Ghost in the shell-same "STEELBOOK")with a view to reinvesting in more fantastic releases say from blufans with beautiful double lentis etc, then in the long run, the logic will be better understood, the disc's themself's can be replaced at a future date, the steelbook's however as we have noted have limited runs. Just think back at everyone going on about the huge price hike when 4k made it's debut appearance !? Same steelbook's ! Nothing to do with actual 4k, more to do with ripping everyone off with massive price difference ! Pull the carpet from beneath the 4k release by highlighting it's limited life span (already started filming in 8k). The other side of this is simple, in order to get everyone to accept this (like yourself), remove any alternative that may threaten it's release-"3d" ! They cannot have a vhs/betamax style war going on afterall, right ? If you think this is just about 3d or 4k, then you have missed the point basil, its about collecting steelbook's and supporting those that make or sell them, eg:- blufans, Zavvi etc. On a personal note, this is also about fellow Ninjas making good judgements based on knowledge about what we love ! Kind regards to you basil.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
You have miss read and miss understood the thrust of the msg basil, i normally just sit back and watch it from afar. But after many one line comments implying everyone should buy 4k, its the future, then thinking like yourself in your above comments that there is nothing "you" can do saddens me that you feel helpless. You are correct in so much that they have dropped the current version of 3d, but this is only to be replaced by a more user friendly version. Most Ninjas buying steelbooks pay a premium over and above standard releases, but the hike in price with 4k steelbooks is distracting and playing on our goodwill to support premium media. Truth is, i don't care if the industry rips everyone of over their doomed resolution upgrade commonly referred to as 4k (yes 4k is old news in the tech development world); but i have alot of respect for the Ninjas on this site who really care about our fetish for all things better than the norm. If a few Ninjas wise up and concentrate on the packaging, save a few bob from a premium price blu ray "DISC", (Ghost in the shell-same "STEELBOOK")with a view to reinvesting in more fantastic releases say from blufans with beautiful double lentis etc, then in the long run, the logic will be better understood, the disc's themself's can be replaced at a future date, the steelbook's however as we have noted have limited runs. Just think back at everyone going on about the huge price hike when 4k made it's debut appearance !? Same steelbook's ! Nothing to do with actual 4k, more to do with ripping everyone off with massive price difference ! Pull the carpet from beneath the 4k release by highlighting it's limited life span (already started filming in 8k). The other side of this is simple, in order to get everyone to accept this (like yourself), remove any alternative that may threaten it's release-"3d" ! They cannot have a vhs/betamax style war going on afterall, right ? If you think this is just about 3d or 4k, then you have missed the point basil, its about collecting steelbook's and supporting those that make or sell them, eg:- blufans, Zavvi etc. On a personal note, this is also about fellow Ninjas making good judgements based on knowledge about what we love ! Kind regards to you basil.

i get where you coming from where you are saying we have the power, e.g. dont buy 4k as one example as a rip off. personally i'm not touching with a barge pole atm till
1.prices come down on the hardware and the steels + they have all formats in a steel (mood dependant)
2.format is balanced e.g 4k + 3d etc is fully complete
3. the statement there is nothing you can do relates to they have a business plan of where there going, they are not going to rip that up admit there wrong when there are banks + shareholders. they may slowly change things but that is some years away and will always be in the next tv upgrades which usually take few of years to design and manufacture, time you see it in the shop looking at be 4 years but at this moment but remember they still trying to sell the 4k's as they are and in there eyes thats what there trying to do push what they have. for them nothing has or will change till they are ready to do so unfourantely

plus one massive thing the tv companys have missed people only have so much space in there houses. my house is 1890s and i can only fit a maximum of a 50" in the room period. so for me i want the best quality on a screen no bigger than that but the flag ship tellys alot of them are 65" now, where i would miss out on certain whistles and bells. i personally wish they would design a telly where you could add a tv catch up app like you would use google play therefore making it custom to you need, personally surpised google havent tried getting in bed with samsung and panny for something a bit more cutting edge.

all the best

• Thanks
Reactions: neo