Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to point out the elephant in the room, 4k ! Simple fact, studios & electronic company's need us, we don't need them. 4k has had a terrible time compared to other consumer releases, the company's in question are sitting on a white elephant and trying desperately to "make" the consumer feel this is "the" way forward ? I have no gripe with trying to sell something, but treating people like they are stupid is one thing, treating ninja's like we are dumb is another thing ! I think 4k is great, but it is "ONLY" an increase in resolution, not an altogether different viewing experience like 3d ! 4k is pure and simple "a slight of hand", to take our focus away from 3d. 4k is 4k, 3d is standard, 4k, 8k, 16k, 32k and so on, no limit on the resolution output ! We have watched as the company's try to nudge consumers into buying 4k (at a much higher price), only to spit "their" dummies out when we say keep 3d; just increase the resolution; ie 3d'uhd disc. £32 for a 4k steelbook is very high indeed compared to £25 for a 3d or £18 for a standard release ? I don't want 3d standard anymore, i want 3d"4k"uhd all on the one showing, just like a 3d'Imax showing at the cinema. Then i want 3d"8k" or 3d"16k" etc. The ability to just press a button and choose either on your tv is the only way forward. They let the genie out of the bottle, and now they want to put it back in ????
Damn @neo.. You're on fire tonight! :cigar:

3D vs 4K..? :naughty:
tumblr_mafuh3pj0U1qkbdwlo1_500.gif

:D:cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and neo
I don't think a UHD disc is just an increase in resolution. In my opinion, combined with HDR, it's also a different experience.
I have watched hundreds and hundreds of 1080p blu-rays and I have watched dozens of UHD discs, UHD wins.
I have seen several 3D movies and it's definitely not my thing. After seeing Ghost in the Shell in 3D I was done with it. It wasn't sharp all time...flickering images...I lost focus most of the time when turning my head a little bit...the glasses were irritating me. It completely ruined my experience.
I can't watch it at home because my LG oled doesn't have the 3d option, so easy choice.

For the people who do enjoy 3d I hope it stays around, but I think it will slowly disappear. I see more and more new TVs without the 3D option, so I think it will disappear in the future.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JCC and lgans316
You can moan all you want. We aren't sure (although I'm personally) 4K will be the future, but 3D 100% isn't.
Untill 8k !? Who's moaning then ! The borg speaks ? Resistance is futile ! Actually holographics or "vr" will be more of the future than 4k. Imagine 100yrs in the future, 1,000 inch tv's and only 4k, i think not !!!! Don't like your future !

Untill 8k !? Who's moaning then ! The borg speaks ? Resistance is futile ! Actually holographics or "vr" will be more of the future than 4k. Imagine 100yrs in the future, 1,000 inch tv's and only 4k, i think not !!!! Don't like your future !

It's not the future, sales are stagnant already, with only serious home cinema enthusiasts adopting. As far as physical formats are concerned there's still more 3D discs being sold than 4K at present, and thats not for lack of titles, people just aren't interested. I can totally understand Blufans going with 3D on this. Its a 3D film, and will be enjoyed at home in 3D even more as generally home 3D is far superior and sharper with more depth. Disney has only just got into the UHD market which is why there aren't many 4K Marvel titles, and Spider-Man is being released on home formats through Sony HE. We may see Disney re-release the Marvel films on UHD but that will very much depend on them testing the waters first, so if they see Spider-Man not selling in volumes they think is worthy they will likely bypass the format and focus using it as a digital online and TV channel medium.

Gunn might have stated the best viewing is 4K, but the biggest film in history's director is focusing on 3D tech for the Avatar sequels, 3D is far from dead thanks to James Cameron, who really can dictate what film studios do, and in turn electronics firms who are pretty much owned by the same companies. 4K's days are already numbered with several companies already moving on to work on 8K and 16K, Samsung being one of them

Holy f*** dude this isn't Cyberdyne Systems and Skynet. Calm down. That being said, I have a s*** ton of questions for you.

1000 inch TVs? Will everyone have one in 100 yrs? That would be amazing, how will they get that economy of space? Are you being paid by the 3D industry to rant about how great 3D at home is? Are you on drugs?

Reactions: lgans316
It's not the future, sales are stagnant already, with only serious home cinema enthusiasts adopting. As far as physical formats are concerned there's still more 3D discs being sold than 4K at present, and thats not for lack of titles, people just aren't interested. I can totally understand Blufans going with 3D on this. Its a 3D film, and will be enjoyed at home in 3D even more as generally home 3D is far superior and sharper with more depth. Disney has only just got into the UHD market which is why there aren't many 4K Marvel titles, and Spider-Man is being released on home formats through Sony HE. We may see Disney re-release the Marvel films on UHD but that will very much depend on them testing the waters first, so if they see Spider-Man not selling in volumes they think is worthy they will likely bypass the format and focus using it as a digital online and TV channel medium.

Gunn might have stated the best viewing is 4K, but the biggest film in history's director is focusing on 3D tech for the Avatar sequels, 3D is far from dead thanks to James Cameron, who really can dictate what film studios do, and in turn electronics firms who are pretty much owned by the same companies. 4K's days are already numbered with several companies already moving on to work on 8K and 16K, Samsung being one of them
I was going to mention about how 4k is doing badly and those concerned who have alot to lose have put a lot of pressure on the industry to make it work !? The vast majority of the buying public are very happy with standard blu ray and feel no need to upgrade whatsoever, including 4k tvs ! I did mention 3d re-emerging via increases in both bandwidth, disc space, resolution increase on future blu ray etc. Hopefully people will skip 4k and not invest too much while waiting for a true breakthrough, glassless 3d (with the option to switch between 2d & 3d). It will encompass everything that current 4k has to offer, and more; including all future resolution updates ! Just trying to save people a bob or two, 4told about 4k !

Holy f*** dude this isn't Cyberdyne Systems and Skynet. Calm down. That being said, I have a s*** ton of questions for you.

1000 inch TVs? Will everyone have one in 100 yrs? That would be amazing, how will they get that economy of space? Are you being paid by the 3D industry to rant about how great 3D at home is? Are you on drugs?
Love the "Terminator" films dude ! According to "Total recall" the walls where we live will be massive tv's (like the fish i caught) and possibly wrap around 3d ? 3d is good, but it could get alot better ! That was only 5 questions by the way. 4k is like the industry trying to get you to buy "betamax" over "vhs" !? That same 3d industry you mention is also the 4k industry ? As regards drugs, i bought a new coffee machine if that counts ? 3d industry paying me money, hmmmm, that would be easy money ! (No by the way). Listen we all like our new toys, if your happy with 4k, then that's good ! Am sure you will love 8k aswell ! I respect that ! 3d was here long before 4k, i like 3d (and 4k), and wish to continue watching 3d both in the cinema and at home. These steelbooks, digi books, big sleeves, small sleeves, cinema, at home etc are just a different way we can all enjoy the same thing.

I don't think a UHD disc is just an increase in resolution. In my opinion, combined with HDR, it's also a different experience.
I have watched hundreds and hundreds of 1080p blu-rays and I have watched dozens of UHD discs, UHD wins.
I have seen several 3D movies and it's definitely not my thing. After seeing Ghost in the Shell in 3D I was done with it. It wasn't sharp all time...flickering images...I lost focus most of the time when turning my head a little bit...the glasses were irritating me. It completely ruined my experience.
I can't watch it at home because my LG oled doesn't have the 3d option, so easy choice.

For the people who do enjoy 3d I hope it stays around, but I think it will slowly disappear. I see more and more new TVs without the 3D option, so I think it will disappear in the future.

Thats more down to the cinema than the film, I've had many bad experiences with 3D in the cinema, filter not put on, out of focus etc. On a high end TV and especially in active 3D its 100% flicker free, razer sharp with immense depth to the image. I've shown family 3D blu-rays who HATED it in the cinema and were blown away. The 2 cannot be compared.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and satanclaus
Adapt or perish. Adopt or feel left out. I remember spending $40 for an Amaray Blu-ray when I used to live in Japan back in 2007. Now the same can be bought for as less as $5. A new format will take time to lift off and sell. Once price comes down, more and more consumers will start buying. Just a matter of being patient and see where the industry is heading towards. There is no need to prove my point to hot heads lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Adapt or perish. Adopt or feel left out. I remember spending $40 for an Amaray Blu-ray when I used to live in Japan back in 2007. Now the same can be bought for as less as $5. A new format will take time to lift off and sell. Once price comes down, more and more consumers will start buying. Just a matter of being patient and see where the industry is heading towards. There is no need to prove my point to hot heads lol.
It's not a new format ! It's an upgrade to an existing one ! I would never feel left out to 4k, why, because it's big brother 8k will finish it off ! Lol louder ! Vcd is a very cheap format if you are interested in cost? If you had nothing to prove, then why did you try to prove it ???? "More and more consumers "WILL" start buying" ? Buy "OR" else ? Sounds like a sith lord to me ! Listen, enjoy your 4k, then replace it with 8k and enjoy that aswell, then replace it with 16k and also enjoy that aswell. Maybe your new 16k player will be "backwards" compatible to play your now defunct 4k ? The industry needs us, we don't need them, maybe the industry should see where their consumers are heading, and what their consumers want, now that's a novel thought ! 3d'uhd is the right choice, right now (it includes 2d'uhd (aka 4k) standard aswell!). Ask yourself this, why is "the" industry trying to drop 3d and put the genie back in the bottle ???? Roll on 3d'imax blu ray ! Now i'll buy that for a dollor ! Lol×2.

It's not a new format ! It's an upgrade to an existing one ! I would never feel left out to 4k, why, because it's big brother 8k will finish it off ! Lol louder ! Vcd is a very cheap format if you are interested in cost? If you had nothing to prove, then why did you try to prove it ???? "More and more consumers "WILL" start buying" ? Buy "OR" else ? Sounds like a sith lord to me ! Listen, enjoy your 4k, then replace it with 8k and enjoy that aswell, then replace it with 16k and also enjoy that aswell. Maybe your new 16k player will be "backwards" compatible to play your now defunct 4k ? The industry needs us, we don't need them, maybe the industry should see where their consumers are heading, and what their consumers want, now that's a novel thought ! 3d'uhd is the right choice, right now (it includes 2d'uhd (aka 4k) standard aswell!). Ask yourself this, why is "the" industry trying to drop 3d and put the genie back in the bottle ???? Roll on 3d'imax blu ray ! Now i'll buy that for a dollor ! Lol×2.

So @neo, what do the 3D TV industry and lobbyists think of articles like these: http://www.businessinsider.com/3d-tv-is-dead-2017-1

Please enlighten me. And if you need to, drink a few more pots of coffee before answering.

So @neo, what do the 3D TV industry and lobbyists think of articles like these: http://www.businessinsider.com/3d-tv-is-dead-2017-1

Please enlighten me. And if you need to, drink a few more pots of coffee before answering.
According to businessinsider, steelbooks should not exist ! It's just a gimmick, amaray cases are widely sold and excepted by the majority of consumers ! You can apply this logic to anything, including vinyl records. "The glasses needed for 3D were clunky and annoying, and they made people feel self-conscious while wearing them" ? Really, everyone going the cinema is self conscious if they watch 3d ? "Here's a great example: 3D TV, which is officially dead. There are no more major TV-makers that make 3D TVs anymore". You would be surprised at the speed of tv makers to relaunch 3d if 4k falters ! 4k is following the same path as 16/9, lcd, led etc, give the consumer no choice, buy this because we tell you to ! I don't blame the tv makers (they are spineless money makers afterall), i blame the content providers for failing to deliver 3d ! The big factors with tv buying today is size of screen, and how slim the unit is, people want big pictures for less impact on their living space, i do too ! Maybe the real reason has more to do with how we see the world around us, 3d created a "different" dimension, as the report said "before their time". If you are happy being apart of the blinkered 2d outlook, then so be it, but don't you wan't more !? I've followed the production of 3d & 4k, oled etc tv's for a long time, i know how that industry works ! If we push them, they will build it, if we don't, they will build anything, that they can sell. I noted it refers to 3d-tv as being dead, and not 3d itself ? Without giving too much away, the currant standard of 3d tv is indeed dead, the future standard is well and truly defined; glassless 3d (there's even a name for it), the devil is in the detail.the 3d content providers could not deliver this time round, but things (people) are changing, starting to understand what is needed. Just a thought ?

3D is on life support here in the USA. And I hate to say it ... maybe not so much in theaters, and discs maybe not as much if they can make more money, but having recently went TV shopping HOLY MOLY its hard to even find 3d tvs anymore. TVs crap out now more often and even myself who loves 3d if passive theater like home viewing (which i had) had to get a tv without 3d. 3d discs are at some bargain prices now ... 3d selection areas phased out for 4k discs ... it is , what it is... done. And thats a damn shame. A lot of time tho older USA tech (ie. the "what's no longer the in thing") does then make its way to 3rd world countries and other emerging markets etc. (like how gamestop would buy up old ps2 discs when ps3 was what it was all about ... they were selling those in stores in latin america) ... so maybe 3d will live on some more but not really in the USA.

There's always talk about 3d with no glasses tho. James Cameron is claiming that for his next avatar film. So maybe its more of phasing it all out cause we'll eventually have 3d tvs withuot the need for glasses. Thus discs stay relevant and will pop back up in more releases at that point in time.

Still working on fixing my 3d tv that crapped out. trying to save it. ha.

Interesting opinions on both sides but all of you are not acknowledging the big naughty elephant in the room. When it comes to new formats on the physical level there is only ONE industry that makes that choice and has done since the Beta/VHS battles. Its not the electronics companies or Hollywood, as they both bow before this monster of an industry money wise. Worked it out yet? its no secret to those that have followed tech news for decades and use common sense? No still not there ............. Its the XXX industry! Want to know what will succeed and what will fail then look to what they choose. They outsell normal movies by a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way! and are one of the top industries on the planet monetary wise.

They picked VHS as the tape format of choice, killing Beta dead instantly, and went on to sell 1000x what Hollywood could ever shift.

When DVD appeared there were competing codex formats at the start, again the adult industry picked a side and oh looky its now the industry standard for DVD, killing Phillips codex dead.

The HD war, anyone with a brain knew Blu-ray would win purely because of the playstation and Hollywood support, but guess who went with Blu-ray straight away releasing basically only a handful of HD DVD's. Again the adult industry brought Blu-ray through as the winner with the monster XXX companies like Digital Playground, Vivid and Wicked all releasing XXX big budget blockbusters on the format.

Now this is where it gets interesting, with Blu-ray we had Sony, the Playstation 3 and the XXX industry all backing it as a physical format, so it succeeded and has gone on to sell well, not massively well but well enough to be seen as a success, as so many now use digital. UHD on the other hand, is now "NOT" new its well past the marker where Blu-ray had been established and was doing well. It has no Playstation as the PS4 is still just Blu-ray and we are a good 4 to 5 years away from the PS5, Some of Hollywood still aren't backing it with Disney only very recently saying they were now looking at the format, and ..................... Very little XXX backing outside of a few high end sites purely catering for UHD. The XXX industry is still 95% backing blu-ray and has now been focusing on virtual reality more than anything, its just not really interested in UHD which to those on the Tech industry inside is DEATH.

Thanks to my job I DO get to speak with high level management especially within Samsung and Sony, and both fully admit privately that they have dug themselves into a corner as UHD isn't doing well at all, its selling but not in numbers that are good for business. My staff constantly mock them when they are in the building about killing 3D when 3D discs are still doing better than 4K discs, which is why for someone like Blufans they will stick with what they can actually shift rather than pushing collectors out. Personally I say they should release sets with 4K/3D/2D that way everyones covered, but with this title and Dr Strange, they were both approved before Disney announced they were now looking at UHD, and Disney still haven't announced if they will be doing UHD discs. Samsung know full well they made a mistake as they wanted to sell their really top models without 3D and thats been a huge disaster for them. They sell plenty entry and midrange sets to buyers who most likely still have a DVD player, but high end models are for us nerds and we want as @neo says 4K and 3D on the same model. 3D isn't dead as that posted article suggests as the companies aren't ever going to admit to the media that they made a mistake. They will quietly just change their mind, and they know full well that there is a few billion dollar megafilms coming all using 3D.

If you think 4K is the clear staying for a while winner good for you, I have a 4K HDR certified set in the house and see not enough difference in it to the other 2D/3D HD set, both of which are high end Samsungs to see anyone outside of Cinema fanatics or AV geeks bothering. XXX certainly isn't bothering and thats what you should be most worried about. Want to future proof properly, hit those naughty Amazon sites as thats where the real future begins

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo and frankfish44
That's why I have two 4K/3D tv's, so I can enjoy the best of all worlds. I hope to enjoy 3D blu rays for as long as I can, but I absolutely love 4K UHD HDR/Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS: X! I'll probably buy one slip of this movie, double lenti for me most likely :thumbs:

Reactions: psychoscot
Interesting opinions on both sides but all of you are not acknowledging the big naughty elephant in the room. When it comes to new formats on the physical level there is only ONE industry that makes that choice and has done since the Beta/VHS battles. Its not the electronics companies or Hollywood, as they both bow before this monster of an industry money wise. Worked it out yet? its no secret to those that have followed tech news for decades and use common sense? No still not there ............. Its the XXX industry! Want to know what will succeed and what will fail then look to what they choose. They outsell normal movies by a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way! and are one of the top industries on the planet monetary wise.

They picked VHS as the tape format of choice, killing Beta dead instantly, and went on to sell 1000x what Hollywood could ever shift.

When DVD appeared there were competing codex formats at the start, again the adult industry picked a side and oh looky its now the industry standard for DVD, killing Phillips codex dead.

The HD war, anyone with a brain knew Blu-ray would win purely because of the playstation and Hollywood support, but guess who went with Blu-ray straight away releasing basically only a handful of HD DVD's. Again the adult industry brought Blu-ray through as the winner with the monster XXX companies like Digital Playground, Vivid and Wicked all releasing XXX big budget blockbusters on the format.

Now this is where it gets interesting, with Blu-ray we had Sony, the Playstation 3 and the XXX industry all backing it as a physical format, so it succeeded and has gone on to sell well, not massively well but well enough to be seen as a success, as so many now use digital. UHD on the other hand, is now "NOT" new its well past the marker where Blu-ray had been established and was doing well. It has no Playstation as the PS4 is still just Blu-ray and we are a good 4 to 5 years away from the PS5, Some of Hollywood still aren't backing it with Disney only very recently saying they were now looking at the format, and ..................... Very little XXX backing outside of a few high end sites purely catering for UHD. The XXX industry is still 95% backing blu-ray and has now been focusing on virtual reality more than anything, its just not really interested in UHD which to those on the Tech industry inside is DEATH.

Thanks to my job I DO get to speak with high level management especially within Samsung and Sony, and both fully admit privately that they have dug themselves into a corner as UHD isn't doing well at all, its selling but not in numbers that are good for business. My staff constantly mock them when they are in the building about killing 3D when 3D discs are still doing better than 4K discs, which is why for someone like Blufans they will stick with what they can actually shift rather than pushing collectors out. Personally I say they should release sets with 4K/3D/2D that way everyones covered, but with this title and Dr Strange, they were both approved before Disney announced they were now looking at UHD, and Disney still haven't announced if they will be doing UHD discs. Samsung know full well they made a mistake as they wanted to sell their really top models without 3D and thats been a huge disaster for them. They sell plenty entry and midrange sets to buyers who most likely still have a DVD player, but high end models are for us nerds and we want as @neo says 4K and 3D on the same model. 3D isn't dead as that posted article suggests as the companies aren't ever going to admit to the media that they made a mistake. They will quietly just change their mind, and they know full well that there is a few billion dollar megafilms coming all using 3D.

If you think 4K is the clear staying for a while winner good for you, I have a 4K HDR certified set in the house and see not enough difference in it to the other 2D/3D HD set, both of which are high end Samsungs to see anyone outside of Cinema fanatics or AV geeks bothering. XXX certainly isn't bothering and thats what you should be most worried about. Want to future proof properly, hit those naughty Amazon sites as thats where the real future begins

Wtf are naughty Amazon sites? Does Amazon stream porn now LOL

I thought porn was trying to push VR as the next tech. You say they arent backing 4k, well they still produce more 4k content than 3D content. They don't give a care about 3D.

3D is on life support here in the USA. And I hate to say it ... maybe not so much in theaters, and discs maybe not as much if they can make more money, but having recently went TV shopping HOLY MOLY its hard to even find 3d tvs anymore. TVs crap out now more often and even myself who loves 3d if passive theater like home viewing (which i had) had to get a tv without 3d. 3d discs are at some bargain prices now ... 3d selection areas phased out for 4k discs ... it is , what it is... done. And thats a damn shame. A lot of time tho older USA tech (ie. the "what's no longer the in thing") does then make its way to 3rd world countries and other emerging markets etc. (like how gamestop would buy up old ps2 discs when ps3 was what it was all about ... they were selling those in stores in latin america) ... so maybe 3d will live on some more but not really in the USA.

There's always talk about 3d with no glasses tho. James Cameron is claiming that for his next avatar film. So maybe its more of phasing it all out cause we'll eventually have 3d tvs withuot the need for glasses. Thus discs stay relevant and will pop back up in more releases at that point in time.

Still working on fixing my 3d tv that crapped out. trying to save it. ha.

Not just the US @Wreck mate, UK models for this year don't feature 3D basically at all, and its been a problem from a selling point. A huge amount of standard customers are quite happy with HD and a huge amount have only just fully upgraded to HD here across Europe, plus theres a lack of UHD discs which this far in with Blu-ray there was 1000's of films available. Its just not being supported as well as any format before it. I totally agree with many that 3D is a niche market, but it was and is a market that appealed to those buying very high end sets for home theatre use. Time will tell what happens, but lack of support, especially by the adult industry who always set the bar for choice, and lack of interest from the general TV buying public will see it still continue but I think in the next 18 months some sets will again feature 3D as well as UHD if they want to sell higer end models.

As a side note my HMV here has 5 rows of 3D and basically one small row for 4K and 50% of those 4K discs are generic older titles. That to a casual browser shopper = niche small market. Where as the DVD section was rapidly phased and made smaller to sell blu-rays much sooner than UHD has been rolled out