Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - In theaters May 5th 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Gunn[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zoe Saldana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Bautista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bradley Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vin Diesel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karen Gillan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Rooker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Gunn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pom Klementieff[/ACTOR]

Plot: Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
y4MBh0EjBlMuOzv9axM4qJlmhzz.jpg
[/container]

Image2.jpg
gotg2.jpg

Last edited:
Part 2!!! :OMG: :drool: FU**ING AWESOME!!! :thumbs: Bring it on MARVEL!!!! :notworthy:

In the words of Rocket, "Oh Yeah!" :cool:
_1400444190.gif

Last edited:
James Gunn's Heartfelt Thanks to Fans, Teases Work on Guardians of the Galaxy Sequel! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121380

Director James Gunn took to his Facebook page where he wrote a reply to the fan community thanking them for the success of the film and letting us know he's already working on the sequel.

It reads as follows:

"Thanks to all of you who saw (and are seeing) Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, from the bottom of my heart. The Guardians are a group of oddballs, outcasts, and geeks. The movie is for anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different. It's for all of us who don't belong. This movie belongs to you. And, today, I think we're doing okay.

I am of course happy with all the film has accomplished box-office-wise. But what touches me the most is that the film I told the folks at Marvel I wanted to make two years ago is the film that you're seeing in theaters today - it's that so many of you seem to be directly EXPERIENCING the film I INTENDED. The cast, the producers, the crew, and I felt like we were making something special while we were making it. But it is very rare that a director's INTENTIONS in creating a film, or a scene, or a character, or a line of dialogue are, seemingly, specifically what is experienced by an audience (not to mention critics!), and that seems to be what has happened here. You have allowed a talking raccoon - for a moment, a minute, or a day - to make you a little more human. And for that, I am profoundly grateful.

If I relied on myself to implement these intentions, the film would be a shambling mess. But instead, I had a wonderful cast, genius producers, an incredibly brave studio, sublimely talented visual effects artists, great editors, and the best damn crew of mostly-British bastards to actually implement these intentions for me. Where I had a good idea they would, through alchemy, transform it into a great one. Many of you involved are friends of mine on Facebook. Many of you will read this somewhere else. I love you all.

You may remember me posting here a couple weeks ago how sad I was to be finishing up the film, that I was having trouble letting go of Rocket, and that I was going to miss him. But seeing him (and Groot, and the rest of the team) embraced by the world like they have been, to be UNDERSTOOD, makes it a wonderful letting go. It's like giving a foster pet up for adoption to the most wonderful parents in the world.

And, of course, I'm not really saying goodbye as, while many of you have been enjoying the film, I've spent this weekend hard at work on the sequel. I couldn't help myself! The results are nice but it's really the creative process I love and that keeps me going. I'm on fire with this thing! The Guardians have so many hardships and heartaches and triumphs ahead of them, and I can't wait to share them with all of you.

Onto week two...

Love, James"

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is already set for release on July 28, 2017.

James Gunn Says Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is ‘a Story About Fathers’ :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ians-of-the-galaxy-2-is-a-story-about-fathers

“At its heart, Guardians is a story about families,”
says Gunn, “and if the first film was about him and his mother, this is a story about fathers. So it’s exciting to go there… Listen, I’m still excited about Star-Lord’s character and where he goes.”

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is targeted to begin production at Pinewood Atlanta in February of 2016 and is then slated to hit the big screen May 5, 2017. That’s not stopping Gunn from already making plans for a bit further down the line.

“I knew for a long time what the story of the second one was gonna be,” Gunn explains,“And the third one!”

popcorn2.gif

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
In case y'all haven't heard, this will be filmed using this little thing...
8k%20vista%20vision.png

Dat's right! RED's Weapon 8K camera!!! Will be the first movie to use this camera.
Resolution at 8192 X 4320!!!
Frame rate at 75 FPS!!!
tumblr_mcy4xwYJCl1rjfqyio1_500.gif
:p

More info on why the Director chose this:
http://www.techinsider.io/guardians-of-the-galaxy-sequel-red-8k-camera-2016-1

Sounds awesome.

I couldn't believe how amazing and clear the action scene in "knowhere" was when they are flying about. Joke good, especially in 3D

Reactions: AlienKing
The Guardians of the Galaxy Assemble in a Rehearsal Photo! :photo: :thumbs:

GotG_Rehearsal_1.jpg GotG_Rehearsal_2.jpg GotG_Rehearsal_3.jpg
Rehearsals continue for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and writer/director James Gunn has revealed a new image from the film’s pre-production with the titular heroes all together, sans Groot of course. You can view the rehearsal photo below.

“When someone’s screwing up a scene during rehearsals I show them Dave Bautista as an example of good acting,” the director writes.

You’ll also notice that Gunn’s brother Sean Gunn, who also plays the Ravager Kraglin, as the stand-in for Rocket Raccoon, a role he filled for the first film as well.

Gunn went on to reveal that production on the film will officially begin on Thursday, February 11. Check back here for any announcements as the film begins, such as the full cast for the film which Gunn previously said will be announced “very soon.”

The confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cast includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper, all returning as a band of unlikely heroes who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. In addition, Michael Rooker and Karen Gillan will return as Yondu and Nebula, with Pom Klementieff reportedly playing Mantis and Kurt Russell in talks to play Star-Lord’s mysterious father.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will open in theaters on May 5, 2017.
popcorn2.gif

Ahh loving Sean gunn doing his rocket impression. Must do his knees in!

Gets me exited seeing a script in his hand too.

And the best news of it all........ Kurt Russell in talks to play starlords father!!!!!!! Please I really hope this happens. He would be f*cking awesome in a marvel film especially this

Full cast revealed soon :)

James Gunn posted this on his FB page:

12698197_10153165740966157_5309066470210744898_o.jpg

Official photography on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has started, and I couldn't be more stoked.

My favorite movie as a small child was The Strongest Man in the World, so I'm glad to announce that, yes, Kurt Russell has joined our cast and, yes, he is more awesome a dude than I ever could have imagined.

The last few days around here with him and our other new cast members, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, and Chris Sullivan, have been some of the best of my life. I never thought anyone was missing from our island of misfit toys, but now that these folks are here there feels like there was.

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Glenn Close are all returning.

We'll have more surprises for you in the coming months. But, for now, this will have to do.

I have to get back to set!

Have a great day, everybody.