Hacksaw Ridge (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 22 , 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zavvi - HMV - Zoom)

IMG_6182.JPG

11400440-2884455581839044.JPG 11400440-4744455581442258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good with the title just on the spine and minimal print . . .
Zero finish

Hacksaw-Ridge-steelbook-UK-1.jpg Hacksaw-Ridge-steelbook-UK-2-1.jpg

. . . especially when compared to the edition for France . . .

Tu-ne-Tueras-Point-steelboo.jpg Tu-ne-Tueras-Point-steelbook2.jpg Tu-ne-Tueras-Point-steelbook3.jpg

Classy, classic, first class steelbook with highly emotive imagery both front and back. Understated sobre colouring used yet still packing the necessary punch . . . reminding me of those heroic images in Boy's Own annuals from back in the day and far better than the white background of the Amaray releases for example:-

Not sure why the title is off-centre low on the spine . . . but anyway the best steelbook around so far for this film (IMO).

Confirmed ZERO finish http://steelbook.com/releases/hacksaw-ridge-steelbook-edition-europe/ on this U.K., German, Italian, Benelux . . . steelbook.
The other steelbook with the quite different front imagery - confirmed SATIN - can be sourced from The Americas, Canada, Asia Pacific and Australia http://steelbook.com/releases/hacksaw-ridge/

For a better look at the GERMAN steelbook (same as ours) there's this unboxing:- .

For a look at the other main steelbook edition there's this short unboxing:-
II
V

Last edited:
I agree that FA's looks much better, but this steel will be enough for me... I seem to be the only one who didn't think the film was anything amazing (too preachy for my liking), so no amount of fancy packaging will convince me to spend top dollar on it unfortunately.

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
see is now sold out on amazon now as well as hmv so if anyone needs it your stuck with zavvi wait for them to read this and whack the price up lol

basil :thumbs:

. . . not forgetting the new kid on the block, ZOOM, where this steelbook is priced @GBP 20.69 (after typing in the SIGNUP10 code).

Same steelbook (a) released in multiple territories including Germany, Italy, Benelux countries . . . and much, much better-looking (imo) than release (b) in The Americas, Australia, France . . .

'Tis true that Amazon and HMV are atm showing "Sold out" but expecting that to change in a week or so or at least before the 22nd May.

(a) ........................................................ (b)
upload_2017-5-13_15-43-22.png
upload_2017-5-13_15-44-37.png

It's available everywhere, plenty available zoom and zavvi with discount code
Didn't know that since I don't tend to follow those sites except from zavvi from time to time as they don't ship to where I live,all I know is that is sold out on amazon once and now it's available again

Didn't zavvi that as I don't really follow those sites as I'm not from the UK, and zavvi doesn't ship to where I live. All I know that it's been sold out on amazon and now it's available again

When I saw what the panic was that it was sold for a UK release (not exclusive) I just went straight to Zoom and there it was lol. They always guarantee to give a discount 10% with their signup code. As this is a pre-order the discount code doesn't seem to work for Zavvi. So I ordered from Zoom. Only problem is the packaging. It's a hit and miss.

If it comes in the jiffy bag to local buyers I would say 8/10 chance it would arrive mint.
If it's EU destination I would say you have about 6-7/10 chance it would arrive mint.
Worldwide I would say 4-5/10 chance it would arrive mint.

This is based from my experience ordering. UK non exclusive steels very rare to be sold out before release date.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva
When I saw what the panic was that it was sold for a UK release (not exclusive) I just went straight to Zoom and there it was lol. They always guarantee to give a discount 10% with their signup code. As this is a pre-order the discount code doesn't seem to work for Zavvi. So I ordered from Zoom. Only problem is the packaging. It's a hit and miss.

If it comes in the jiffy bag to local buyers I would say 8/10 chance it would arrive mint.
If it's EU destination I would say you have about 6-7/10 chance it would arrive mint.
Worldwide I would say 4-5/10 chance it would arrive mint.

This is based from my experience ordering. UK non exclusive steels very rare to be sold out before release date.
That's good to know,thanks for the heads up :)

Reactions: sunnyx