Halloween (1978) - 35th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 21st, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com
For this very special release, Anchor Bay went back to the vaults to present this legendary terror classic as never before, including creating an all-new HD transfer personally supervised by the film's original cinematographer, Academy-Award® nominee Dean Cundey (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Apollo 13, the Back to the Future trilogy), a new 7.1 audio mix (as well as the original mono audio), a brand-new feature length audio commentary by writer/director John Carpenter and star Jamie Lee Curtis, an all-new bonus feature with Ms. Curtis, as well as selected legacy bonus features from previous ABE releases. Available in a collectible limited-edition steelbook package.

10842069-1376407779-970196.jpg

Last edited:
Hope the artwork for this is decent, if it isn't I think I'll just cancel and go for the £5 amaray...or a remastered amaray if it's cheaper. Fingers crossed it's the original poster!

Out of interest, which steelbooks have Starz/Anchor Bay done before? Preferably non-exclusives (I'm assuming this isn't an Amazon exclusive?) so we can compare what kind of quality we'll likely get...

Hope the artwork for this is decent, if it isn't I think I'll just cancel and go for the £5 amaray...or a remastered amaray if it's cheaper. Fingers crossed it's the original poster!

Out of interest, which steelbooks have Starz/Anchor Bay done before? Preferably non-exclusives (I'm assuming this isn't an Amazon exclusive?) so we can compare what kind of quality we'll likely get...

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the German Walking Dead Steelbook. I don't have it, but I think it had a printed back??

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the German Walking Dead Steelbook. I don't have it, but I think it had a printed back??

Target exclusive Django Unchained was Anchor Bay as well, but never a UK steelbook :thumbs:

I also like Season of the Witch in a "so bad, its good" kinda way - the ending is really cool too.

...but, no i dont think it deserves a individual steelbook release for such a minor part in the series. It would work perfectly in a Halloween collection steelbook tho :)

So we haven't had one in the UK yet? Fingers crossed no printed back...nor horizontal business or blue banners or anything off-putting!

Yep, as far as i no there has been no UK Anchor Bay steelbook :thumbs:

The only thing putting me off is the £13 asking price, i mean its a good price, but i hope that that doesn't mean that they make a cheap steelbook :ohno:

What do you guys think will be 'special' about this version?

I'm hoping for embossing, border and gloss but that's not too special as we have seen it before (Argo).

I have it on pre order but may have to go with the cheaper amazon version as I can't seem to justify paying £25 for a film I haven't seen yet, but if it really is worth the money then ill get it

What do you guys think will be 'special' about this version?

I'm hoping for embossing, border and gloss but that's not too special as we have seen it before (Argo).

I have it on pre order but may have to go with the cheaper amazon version as I can't seem to justify paying £25 for a film I haven't seen yet, but if it really is worth the money then ill get it

It's only £13 not £25?????????