Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Release date: February 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Live)
Price: £15.99

11375736-7584440036340560.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree 100% , every 4K Blu Ray I have bought also has the standard Blu Ray . I'll never buy a steelbook standard Blu Ray again if I can purchase the movie in 4K format, it makes no sense to me.

Since this is WB we're talking about here, I would bet money they are going to release a 4K UHD Blu Ray and Blu Ray combo pack for Heat like they did for Goodfellas recently (which had the remastered blu ray). For that reason, I'm passing on this.

Edit: Nevermind. I thought Heat was WB but it's not!

Last edited:
Preordered since Amazon.de now shows an Amaray case instead of a steelbook for this release.

Reactions: Brett_S
Pre Orderd
4K scan remaster and new extras
Easy decision to order

4K UHD I don't have any interest in purchasing a 4K UHD Blu-ray player or 4K TV and wont do for at least 3-4 years or longer

1080p 24p is fine and has brilliant picture quality

Definitely worth pre-ordering even though artwork is no better / no worse than previous HEAT steelbooks with the positioning of both Messrs.de Niro and Pacino replicated exactly from the previous U.K. steelbook release. Val Kilmer is there, as he is in the posters and on other steelbook releases, but his position with gun and extended bipod looks just a bit awkward to me.

Re-mastered content and not the actual artwork is the deciding purchasing factor for me here.

Title treatment looks cool :thumbs:

Steelbook being white(ish) will sit nicely alongside the previous one from November 2012 (one of 10 matching white(ish) Premium Collection steels released at that time by WB). . . although on this occasion I'll admit to a preference for a dark HEAT U.K. steelbook - for contrast - with artwork similar to the original poster design here below but I guess they're keeping the dark artwork to go with the eventual 4K release in the black Amaray:-

Last edited: