Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Release date: February 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Live)
Price: £15.99

11375736-7584440036340560.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite movies, but I'm gonna have to stick with the original Canadian release, as it's closer to the original art (which isn't amazing, but all of the art since has been much worse).

Swap the new disc in and voila, best "case" scenario. :)

If you prefer, just pay the cost of the steelbook and pick it up...somewhere. :thumbs:

Fair point and I aim to steer this back on topic, I just want Zavvi to bring back their Rewardz scheme, that's what sweetened the deal for me. There really isn't much of a pre-order incentive like there used to be. Amazon have the best CS in the world so paying a delivery charge doesn't phase me as much.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
@monterock

upload_2016-12-28_11-26-29.png

No DVD as can be seen and presumably the second Blu-ray disc contains some or all of the mass of Special Features listed elsewhere.

For a perspective from someone who's seen the 4K restoration there's this:-
"I saw this new 4K restoration at the Leeds Film Festival and I believe it might the only place it was shown so far outside the U.S.

You are in for a treat, the picture was stunning and no sign of digital scrubbing and also the sound was great, when the famous gun battle started it was incredible.

As someone lucky enough to see it on original release it was like seeing for the first time again after catching it in substandard VHS, DVD and Blu ray for the last 20 years.

As for those lines of dialogue Mann omitted, they are like the previous Blu ray version and not there but this doesn't make one hoot of a difference to the film.

I mean we aren't talking about Lucas type tinkering or that awful business that Spielberg attempted with E.T some years back, this a couple of lines of dialogue omitted and if you are gonna let that stop you purchasing this more fool you, it's still Heat and boy does it look great."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Don't know the print run but I personally think this will 'genuinely' sell out, the RRP is only £3 more than the amaray slipcover with the same art, and once the in hand picture's start turning up and it is true white with a nice finish then what ever is left will get bought up, just my opinion....

Reactions: Punker76
It's limited to 2,000 in UK
Its a shared print run in Europe

Sold Out

You can expect as usual before or after release date cancellations made available

Reactions: goufcustom
  • NEW 4K REMASTER of the film, supervised by director Michael Mann
  • Lossless Audio Track: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Filmmaker Panel: Newly recorded presentation and discussion of Heat organized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Featuring Actors Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Amy Brenneman, Diane Venora and Mykelti Williamson, writer/director Michael Mann, cinematographer Dante Spinotti, executive producer Pieter Jan Brugge, editor William Goldenberg, producer Art Linson, and re-recording mixer Andy Nelson. September 2016. (60 min).
  • Filmmaker Panel: Toronto International Film Festival presentation and discussion - celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Heat. Recorded in 2015. (35 min).
  • Audio commentary by director Michael Mann
  • Five Featurettes:
    • True Crime: Recalling the real-life Chicago cop and criminal whose exploits inspired the film
    • Crime Stories: The screenplay's 20-year history and how the film finally got greenlit
    • Into the Fire: Filming in L.A., cast training, shooting the climactic downtown heist and post-production
    • Pacino and De Niro: The conversation: anatomy of this historic on-screen showdown
    • Return to the Scene of the Crime: Revisiting the film's real-life L.A. locations years later
  • 11 Additional scenes