Hip-Hop/Rap Mega Thread

Jan 30, 2009
England
Made this just for dboy because i know how much he loves to talk about jay-z ;)

This thread can now be used for all you hip-hop and rap arguments.

Keep it clean people :p

Lil Wayne Gets The Simpsons Treatment

Later this month, “The Simpsons” will jump into its 21st season with yet another entry in the fantastic “Treehouse of Horror” franchise. To celebrate the upcoming milestone and to pay respects to some great hip-hop icons, Format and Moxy Creative have teamed up to produce a series of limited-edition posters that depict 10 famous rappers “Simpsonized.” The results are pretty great. As you can see in the posse shot below, some real heavy hitters are represented: Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Flavor Flav, Andre 3000, Eminem, Eazy-E and Fat Joe have all been converted into cartoon versions of their former selves.

In addition to the posse poster, each MC gets his own individual poster, complete with a customized “O” in the “No Homer” logo (a clever play on the hip-hop catchphrase “No ****”). Kanye gets the shriveled heart from the 808s & Heartbreak cover, while Flav gets a giant clock and Slim Shady gets a pill.

Via: MTV and hit the jump to see Lil Wayne’s individual poster:

Lil Wayne Gets The Simpsons Treatment

no-homer.jpg

wayne-no-homer.jpg

Soldja Boy sucks

jay z sucks

kanye west sucks

lil jon sucks

t pain sucks

[insert name here] sucks...

*runs away*

Jay Z suck's, (so overrated when it comes to his image,P.diddy was rollin with biggie smalls,where the F up was Jay?!,oh he blown up now?!..his beats are okay but nothing moving,voice & rap style...annoying & played out...Just new sayings is whats up with him )

kanye west (crossing too much over into the Pop scene with his little club hits like T-pain and his Digital Voice Box + he acts like he's hot sh!t when he barely stands on top,i see no street cred in this guy)..oh did i say he said that stuff about bush on tv just for a Stunt on his image..he shoulda said that to bush to his face then i'll start believing him

lil jon sucks (anoyying as hell voice...'YEAA!,....WHAT!..'b!TCH!".real nerd in the day,wanna be rap star.)

T pain (just straight Clown in his top hat + sun glasses and his stupid music with the auto tune voice,GTFO)

Eminem is starting to suck! (in the start his albums were dark and gritty,his latest release of "Relapse" was garbage,cartoon'ish beats are starting to get tiring from him + stupid accent.

rihanna (oh shes so empowering just like alicia keys in her music,GTFO!!,i feel nothing from your music)

Alicia keys (i really think her music is intended for single used up non-independent women that dont got their sh!t together and only play her music to Try cope with there daily issues,GTFO with that junk.)

Man, I needa stay out this thread, cause alot of people make opinions on things but just dont know how the industry is.

Im not a kanye west fan, but anyone is an idiot to say he "Sucks" ... no rapper on this earth makes a great song with every song. Including Tupac and Biggie ... I can back that up and prove that as well. ;)

Songs are just timepeices and what you "feel" or "connect" with for the time being.

With that said, you may not like alot of Kanye stuff but the man is talented ... both producing and lyrically. Just the catchyness of the song "Big Ego" or "Workout Plan" prove that. It's made intelligently and catchy/witty at the same time.

Again, not a big fan of Kanye by any means.

Tech Nine does go hard.

And Bun B rips everything and I'd put him up against any rapper alive today and he would tear them apart. Oh and yes, LB is refreshing ;-)