Release: August 10, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

front.jpg

back.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Steelbook a gloss finish like previous EIV Steelbooks

I'd say "No" though I wouldn't put money on it.
Holding it up next to the super glossy 'Apocalypse Now' I'd say "Yes, 'Hugo' is matte" though it's a tricky one to be 100% sure as I haven't unsealed it yet.

It is glossy unfortunately mine arrived with a scratch the second steelbook in a row. I'm asking them to replace it as I'm not happy with this and will be strongly suggesting to up their packaging.

It is glossy unfortunately mine arrived with a scratch the second steelbook in a row. I'm asking them to replace it as I'm not happy with this and will be strongly suggesting to up their packaging.

If you don't mind my asking:-
Are they no longer using the very decent white boxes?
Was the box damaged/ item damaged in transit?
If it wasn't it wouldn't be the first time a visibly damaged steelbook has been sent out from there, that's for sure.
My commiserations on your unfortunate recent experience.

right mine turned up today its is gloss but not what i would call a high gloss, also took the jcard off and underneath mine has a few light scratches when you angle in the light.
also i would say image over all is alot darker than in pic from zavvi or in op. so some may want to be aware of this before ordering its an ok steel but would have to say is nothing very special which is a shame, the idea was good the finish is not.

basil :thumbs:

If you don't mind my asking:-
Are they no longer using the very decent white boxes?
Was the box damaged/ item damaged in transit?
If it wasn't it wouldn't be the first time a visibly damaged steelbook has been sent out from there, that's for sure.
My commiserations on your unfortunate recent experience.
Sorry for the late response been busy but no the box was fine, it was the white box. The damage was beneath the J card.

There's scratches all over but this is the worst one. Sent it back to them and requested a replacement. Also told them that with the price we pay for these steelbooks they should provide better packaging throughout the whole packing process from wrapping the steelbook to posting them.

Attachments

• Hugo.jpg
    Hugo.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 137
In my experience the damage can sometimes be UNDER the shrinkwrap / j-card and consequently NOT the retailer's fault but the fault of the 'quality control' monkeys at the end of the manufacturing process.
Maybe the same type of people that work for Zavvi / The Hut's 'customer service' department ?

Waiting for a pic to be posted from one of those wonderful un-PC P G Tips chimps TV ads from the 1970's . . .

The while packing boxes that Zavvi use are excellent - almost as good as those used by Play.com - and I have rarely received a steelbook from Zavvi damaged in transit :) though I have like you received steelbooks with damage under the factory seal :(

Last edited:
My copy arrived, and it contained only one (1) 3D disc, instead of two discs with a separate 2D disc. I do not yet have a Region-free player, so I cannot verify if this single disc contains both the 2D as well as 3D version. Could someone please tell if if this is a combo disc, or did I receive a defective set with a missing disc??
Thanks very much in advance.
Sam

My copy arrived, and it contained only one (1) 3D disc, instead of two discs with a separate 2D disc. I do not yet have a Region-free player, so I cannot verify if this single disc contains both the 2D as well as 3D version. Could someone please tell if if this is a combo disc, or did I receive a defective set with a missing disc??
Sam

no only comes with the 1 disc

Sam
2D and 3D versions are on the Disc you can choose which version you want to play

• Thanks
Reactions: fariz