In The Heart Of The Sea (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #6) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 29th , 2017
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

HSNkI8m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that people are only realising now that FA have become greedy.

They lost their charm long time back but fanboys kept protecting their image which is slowly beginning to defame..

Nice to see the hunters being hunted lol.

Back then it was different. You can't fault retailers for trying to make some more cash. They've all been their and done it so you wouldn't really notice the changes especially when the retailer becomes more successful.

Also this forum has a strong FAC fan base so trying to disrespect FAC you will usually face a lot of resistant and fanboys protecting their beloved FA. But now the conduct of FA has become so noticeable I could not care less what any fanboy thinks about what I say.

FA are a blatant greedy retailer that takes advantage and abuses their position as a retailer for steelbook collectors. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Here's how it all started off...

1 - The release of Black Barons.
T1 already was already an FA so what was the point of releasing on BB? Okay a new edition to the series. So we thought nothing of it Wolverine came and was nice and limited to 500, no FA treatment, now we are thinking BB are something special.

Then Hitman came and it was blatantly obvious what FA were doing. Give them a benefit of the doubt.

Moving on we have In Heart of Sea BB which had pretty much destroyed the BB series. To add insult more expensive, high print run for their normal BB releases, no better than the original (IMO).

2 - In stock and left over releases that have increased in price.
Most wouldnt actually notice but their in stock items they can't sell out are at least 1/3 more of their original price. JW boxset increased from 2000-3000czk. That's 50%! I was a victim of buying this last summer but at the time thought it was only a one off. They still have it in stock and at their website for that price.

FA also increased the price on one of their releases on preorder date. So they advertised their steel in advance as normal and then it's increased by 100 czk?

3 - FA cannot take criticism or feedback.
It appears from reading members like sdoom post you will get banned etc for giving negative feedback. A good retailer will never do that. Very bad for customer and public relations.

4 - Releases with gimmicks that hike up the price.
John Wick released Devil at 800czk with the coins but the price was similar to most releases at 800 czk. We saw this as more of a nice little side gift from FA.

Badboys release was 1550 czk!! Again I thought this was a one off. Charging nearly double the price for a badge limited to 500 I thought it might be somthing special.

But now passengers are doing the same but at 1200 czk. So they are charging customers for these gimmicks. We probably see more of these gimmicks in the future. Another way for FA to add more cash to their greedy empire.

5 - The increase of releases and price rise.
Back when it all started FAC were affordable. They kept pumping so many releases. Fine but make them affordable which they did. Until now we are seeing average of 1000 czk per release and no signs to slow down.

6 - Quality vs Quantity

FAC quality cannot be compared with Big boys such as Manta, Nova, HDzeta, kimchi on their full slips or Lenti. They always be the little brother. FA release way to many steels that gives little attention to each. Look how long it takes Manta to work on theirs? Their kingsman will destroy the FAC. Their deadpool destroyed FAs awful full slip. Can their zootopia really be on par with kimchi? I doubt it. Nova's John Wick is way nicer than the FA's angel version. Yes I've owned both and can gladly give a credible impartial opinion. FA will always be second best. As for passengers, no way it's going to beat HDzeta.

Their quality is not their but they keep increasing their prices and a number of releases.

I think it's fair to say I have lost a huge amount of respect with FA.

I can understand FA trying to make as much money but how they are doing it is completely wrong and unacceptable from a collectors ethic.

I will probably get a lot of stick from all the FA fanboys but how should I say it, I don't give too sh**s anymore.

**sent by iPhone so editing some grammar due to the tiny keyboard :)**

Last edited:
Back then it was different. You can't fault retailers for trying to make some more cash. They've all been their and done it so you wouldn't really notice the changes especially when the retailer becomes more successful.

Also this forum has a strong FAC fan base so trying to disrespect FAC you will usually face a lot of resistant and fanboys protecting their beloved FA. But now the conduct of FA has become so noticeable I could not care less what any fanboy thinks about what I say.

FA are a blatant greedy retailer that takes advantage and abuses their position as a retailer for steelbook collectors. They should be ashamed of themselves.

T1 already was already an FA so what was the point of releasing on BB? Okay a new edition to the series. So we thought nothing of it Wolverine came and was nice and limited to 500, no FA treatment, now we are thinking BB are something special.

Then Hitman came and it was blatantly obvious what FA were doing. Give them a benefit of the doubt.

Moving on we have In Heart of Sea BB which had pretty much destroyed the BB series. To add insult more expensive, high print run for their normal BB releases, no better than the original (IMO).

Most wouldnt actually notice but their in stock items they can't sell out are at least 1/3 more of their original price. JW boxset increased from 2000-3000czk. That's 50%! I was a victim of buying this last summer but at the time thought it was only a one off. They still have it in stock and at their website for that price.

FA also increased the price on one of their releases on preorder date. So they advertised their steel in advance as normal and then it's increased by 100 czk?

It appears from reading members like sdoom post you will get banned etc for giving negative feedback. A good retailer will never do that. Very bad for customer and public relations.

John Wick released Devil at 800czk with the coins but the price was similar to most releases at 800 czk. We saw this as more of a nice little side gift from FA.

Badboys release was 1550 czk!! Again I thought this was a one off. Charging nearly double the price for a badge limited to 500 I thought it might be somthing special.

But now passengers are doing the same but at 1200 czk. So they are charging customers for these gimmicks. We probably see more of these gimmicks in the future. Another way for FA to add more cash to their greedy empire.

Back when it all started FAC were affordable. They kept pumping so many releases. Fine but make them affordable which they did. Until now we are seeing average of 1000 czk per release and no signs to slow down.

6 - Quality vs Quantity

FAC quality cannot be compared with Big boys such as Manta, Nova, HDzeta, kimchi on their full slips or Lenti. They always be the little brother. FA release way to many steels that gives little attention to each. Look how long it takes Manta to work on theirs? Their kingsman will destroy the FAC. Their deadpool destroyed FAs awful full slip. Can their zootopia really be on par with kimchi? I doubt it. Nova's John Wick is way nicer than the FA's angel version. Yes I've owned both and can gladly give a credible impartial opinion. FA will always be second best. As for passengers, no way it's going to beat HDzeta.

Their quality is not their but they keep increasing their prices and a number of releases.

I can understand FA trying to make as much money but how they are doing it is completely wrong and unacceptable from a collectors ethic.

I will probably get a lot of stick from all the FA fanboys but how should I say it, I don't give too sh**s anymore.

I am a FA fanboy but afraid I have to agree with your post.... :(

Sorry, the only greedy retailer is Zavvi. Every Zavvi thread will have hate filled posts no matter how affordable the Steelbook is and even when they take money only at the time of shipping. Such a shame all the anger and rants are predominantly on the Zavvi threads. :rofl:

6 - Quality vs Quantity

:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
T1 already was already an FA so what was the point of releasing on BB? Okay a new edition to the series. So we thought nothing of it Wolverine came and was nice and limited to 500, no FA treatment, now we are thinking BB are something special. Then Hitman came and it was blatantly obvious what FA were doing. Give them a benefit of the doubt. Moving on we have In Heart of Sea BB which had pretty much destroyed the BB series. To add insult more expensive, high print run for their normal BB releases, no better than the original (IMO).

With regards to the Black Barons release line up so far... you're forgetting The Huntsman: Winters War. What a horrible release choice. I thought the guys who were curating the BB releases were film fans. Their choices so far don't give me much faith in their taste in cinema. There are so many great films out there that have had steel book releases but have missed the premium treatment. Can someone please re do Alien, Prometheus, Blade Runner, Predator or Avatar. There may be licensing issues on these but they all have sequels coming soon so they would be obvious choices. If these are not possible then go for more independent cult classics.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I'm pretty sure there was an earlier post somewhere indicating another FAC will be getting BB'ed. I only I could recall where that post was...

Glad that other people are finally paying attention to the fact that FA/BB are just greedy gits who don't care about collectors or the steelbook collecting community.
No disrespect intended for @carllenc or @Collector03601 who do great GB work.
slightly :offtopic:: for me, i still think some things they do, even now, are great. it's the avalanche of highly variable releases that's harming their reputation.

if they had released half as many products, but they were all of the quality of their better releases (for me, Looper, The Revenant, Jurassic World, more, plus Jurassic Trilogy and Don't Breathe's BS look good), i'm sure we wouldn't be having the same conversation.

surely, if you have a premium and a secondary label, you keep you best releases for premium, only, and release your Sabotage's and 13 Hours in the secondary - only! otherwise, what's the point in having two labels? o_O and this goes just as true for other companies as Film Arena.

on topic, i think this is a good film, but it only deserves one release from the same retailer. and :thumbs: re: the tireless and substantial efforts of @carllenc and @Collector03601 , without whom i would not have some versions of some of my favourite films. :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty
Don't get me wrong, I'm still a FAC fan and collector. But this just seems very wrong and disrespectfull even. But in the end we decide to buy a release or not, so in that regard I can not really blame them for making use of (probably) extra stock

I actualy like the idea they seem to go for now, a FAC and a BB release of the same film. Separate releases and a hardbox containing both. That way we have a choice as a collector. But the way this release is presented, months after a FAC release seems pointless. Except for the fact that they'll be making money on it, but their credibility falls deeper and deeper

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: D3mon and Actarus
I'm glad everyone is waking up and realizing that FA and BB do not give one flying f-bomb about the steelbook hobby. I understand it is a business, but at least Manta, HDZeta, Nova, Kimchidvd, and Blufans listen to their customers and are always looking to innovate. FA just pumps out releases, could care less about movies, steelbooks, interesting design, or the customer. And worst of all, they have not figured out how to make a good depth lenti yet!!! Deadpool and Dredd were amateurish at best.