Independence Day: 20th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 30, 2016
Purchase link: Independence Day: 20th Anniversary Edition
Price: £15.99
Notes: 2 Disc Edition

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You still have UMDs? Sold all mine a couple of years ago (along with the PSP itself), whilst I could still get a decent price for them...

I threw the PSP and all its stuff into the back of a wardrobe/possibly the attic and forgot about it. I know that Valiant, ID4 and I think animated Transformers movie were my UMD films.

If you missed the steelbook there's always this:-
trans.gif

INDEPENDENCE DAY ATTACKER EDITION ZAVVI EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY

NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER

Pre-order the Independence Day Attacker Edition - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Blu-ray today. This limited edition collector's Blu-ray set includes;

- 2 discs featuring newly restored Extended and Theatrical Cuts of the film, and all-new 30-minute retrospective documentary
- A replica of the alien attacker used to take down the mothership. Developed by Snap Creative and based on the film’s original model designs.

This is a must have for any ID4 fan! Now available to pre-order!

SHOP NOW

With the Blu-ray costing 7 quid at Amazon that makes this model quite pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might cancel my Amazon France Order now

I'm in the Group Buy for Film Arena Steelbook so that covers the steelbook itself

I'm considering waiting it out for the Zavvi Attacker Edition to drop in price just so I can get the Attacker Ship

I'm leaning towards cancelling the Zavvi over the Film Arena version - have to hurry up and decide now really. I'm definitely in the negative camp on the FA version - mainly that cartoony looking lenti - but have faith it will turn out quality in the end.

Looks lovely, this 20th Anniversary Edition :thumbs:, and miles better in every respect than the previous U.K. steel from three years ago.
No brainer purchase with superior artwork and superior content (newly restored Extended Cut and all new documentary) and, thankfully, with its 2 BDs arranged correctly inside the case and not on that ridiculous single spindle.

Re:The Theatrical Cut and the Extended Cut - comparison here:-
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=587558

Re: Content review of the U.S. 20th Anniversary Edition (should be identical to the upcoming U.K. release) here:-
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Independence-Day-Blu-ray/145723/#Review

Naturally looking forward to ID: RESURGENCE and steelbook at some point although it may seem strange with no Will Smith in it but at least Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox and Brent Spiner are :thumbs: and in the meantime check out the trailer:-

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor
I contacted Zavvi about dispatching my copy and I got the usual copied message: Your copy is on special order from our supplier, bla, bla, bla, ...!
How the f@ck can it be on special order if some of you already received a dispatch notice? Did they only get 10 copies from the supplier!?

I guess preordering something doesn't mean jack $h1t to Zavvi anymore.

Reactions: K.i.T
I contacted Zavvi about dispatching my copy and I got the usual copied message: Your copy is on special order from our supplier, bla, bla, bla, ...!
How the f@ck can it be on special order if some of you already received a dispatch notice? Did they only get 10 copies from the supplier!?

I guess preordering something doesn't mean jack $h1t to Zavvi anymore.

It has not even been released yet. Be patient, im still waiting on mine to be dispatched also, they ship them on wednesdays or Thursdays usually.

It has not even been released yet. Be patient, im still waiting on mine to be dispatched also, they ship them on wednesdays or Thursdays usually.

Well, then you must have an explanation for those who were charged yesterday and got a dispatch notice today.

Was your cc charged or are you in the same position as I am? I just don't want to be alone in this :D

Well, then you must have an explanation for those who were charged yesterday and got a dispatch notice today.

Was your cc charged or are you in the same position as I am? I just don't want to be alone in this :D

I havent been charged yet, but not everyones ships on the same day. They have many orders to work through.

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza

dude take a chill pill, this not due for release till the 30th may.
which is not for another 7days it may be they had a few and have sent them early by mistake and then realised and stopped sending them out.
there is no need to lose your rag over it is there if you cant wait 7 days i suggest you stop buying steels altogether as you end up being ill, stressing yourself over it.
as long is sent by release date they have held up there end of the agreement, maybe you have been charged 7 days early but if your cc bill does come usually as most of us about month/month and a half after being charged to your bank. and if is all unaceptable stop buying from zavvi because your starting to sound like tonystark did on here effing and losing your rag, its not a good look :stop:

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel