Independence Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #36) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 18,2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Prices: 899 CZK - 1898 CZK (Steelbook with Alien Attacker Ship)
Notes: Limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)

received_1357065380976679.jpeg ID4.jpg
film_22578_3.jpg

film_22578_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@chunk I don't think that Will Smith's contract is involved in this matter. There are plenty original movie posters, all without Will Smith. They have high recognition value and represent the movie much better. So I wonder why the studio would refuse to use those and to choose a new mockup instead.

I think many would agree with me that these would have been much better choices:

independence-day-film-poster.jpg

I actually thought the top image would of been the lenti and the bottom image the full slip

That's what I want anyway

Hugely dissapointed by this

Sadly, I'm also not really sold on that Full Slip artwork. Expected much better with all those great artwork choices available for this film. :(

I don't like that the Magnet Lenticular has writing on it (as they did with Black Mass).

The Magnet Lenticular should be free of writing to give a clean look, a separation of all titles when you open your package. And when you remove the lenti you have your steel with titles. I often keep on the lenti because it is a nice contrast from the Fullslip to opening and sliding out the steel with lenti on top, it feels fresh without any titles. Too many titles everywhere is not good.

The Bonus Items are nice, the Fullslip is Decent and I am sure FA will do a super nice textured one like they always do...I guess for me it only comes down to the magnet lenticular but I see this as FA's Must HAve Bonus Item as they have done such great ones, so when I am let down by a lenti magnet i get uninterested unless it would be a movie that I would love so much that I would not care...

Magnet Lenticular with Flip/Flop effect, should not have Titles on them ! ...but this won't affect the sales, they will still go like cup cakes.

This is only positive Criticism as I LOVE FA so much, since the beginning....

Much Respect to Them !

Last edited:
well...It's FAC, so I will appreciate the quality of the product. But, like many have said, I'm a tad disappointed in the art. So, many other awesome images that could have been used. I don't hate it. Just a little surprised that they went with Will Smith. Oh well, I don't have this in steelbook form, so I am happy to get it.

How long do we have to change our minds in the GB @Collector03601 ?

Ive never seen such a backlash to a FAC title and I'm wondering A) do FAC monitor these threads? And B) will they change the art off the back of negative feedback considering this will probably be a first on lower sales (although I imagine it will still probably sell out)

So I didn't want to cancel my request just yet incase their is time for change

This should of been the full slip, imagine the detail on the ship ....

image.jpeg

when they present the Beautyshot, all Items have been approved by the Studio and are already being manufactured/or Requests have been sent !

Martin said yesterday night that the artwork for the full slip was not approved yet. They showed the approved artwork this morning (Czech time, meaning only a few hours ago). I really doubt that it is already being manufactured. Maybe it's not to late for them to make a call and change the request?

Last edited:
Reactions: boldnerd and K.i.T
I like the beauty shot
Good that it includes a 32 page booklet

I'm sure the full slip will look good in hand compared to what wee see in the photo and the lenti magnet will look better in action than the photo can show
Yes it would have been nicer if a different image was used for the Full Slip

I'm looking forward to getting this

Can't believe i'm saying this but it's looking extremely likely that i'll just side with the Zavvi release over FAC's.

As the steelbook is the ONLY thing of interest. :wow:

How long do we have to change our minds in the GB @Collector03601 ?

Ive never seen such a backlash to a FAC title and I'm wondering A) do FAC monitor these threads? And B) will they change the art off the back of negative feedback considering this will probably be a first on lower sales (although I imagine it will still probably sell out)

So I didn't want to cancel my request just yet incase their is time for change

This should of been the full slip, imagine the detail on the ship ....

View attachment 240520

They allowed members to backout because there was no beautyshot, but now that there is one, I would say that you should make up your mind asap @Collector03601 may add something different...

This will sell out like Cup Cakes, all the FAC numbered editions does, they will make a quality product that is without a doubt, despite what we would have liked better within the Art used.

And no FA do not come on here to look at the threads, I would say best bet is feedback through their Facebook. I guess they have come too busy and they know what they are doing.
But we should not expect to like every release from a company same as with other retailers...

Once Beautyshot is Presented, it is already sent to be manufactured so they would not change anything at this point.

Martin said yesterday night that the artwork for the full slip was not approved yet. They showed the approved artwork this morning (Czech time, meaning only a few hours ago). I really doubt that it is already being manufactured. Maybe it's not to late for them to make a call and change the request?

As soon as they present the Beautyshot, the Studio has already Approved and signed on it.
It is already going for the ''pre-order for the still Collectible numbers'' at 20:00 Czech time, so at this point there would be no changes.
With their new way of doing business this year, to minimize delays as they have stated, as soon as it is approved and they show us the beautyshot, all is ready to be manufactured.
It was different last year, but this is how they work this year.

Reactions: ty233
They allowed members to backout because there was no beautyshot, but now that there is one, I would say that you should make up your mind asap @Collector03601 may add something different...

This will sell out like Cup Cakes, all the FAC numbered editions does, they will make a quality product that is without a doubt, despite what we would have liked better within the Art used.

And no FA do not come on here to look at the threads, I would say best bet is feedback through their Facebook. I guess they have come too busy and they know what they are doing.
But we should not expect to like every release from a company same as with other retailers...

Once Beautyshot is Presented, it is already sent to be manufactured so they would not change anything at this point.

Oh I know it will still sell out but I've just never seen such a backlash, it's interesting because there are usually a few I don't like

I didn't think they came on here and I'm not on facebook so can't take that route.

I'm still debating it in my head if I should keep the order, I know the slip will be nice in hand and the finish will be quality too but it's that image and lenti that really put me off.
If the lenti is extremely colourful, vivid and just a great image with decent flip flop (unlike John wick lenti) then it might save it a little

I like the steel and the look of the special cards. What are special card? What's special about them or are they post cards we usually see?

Last edited:
Reactions: yy0925
Oh I know it will still sell out but I've just never seen such a backlash, it's interesting because there are usually a few I don't like

I didn't think they came on here and I'm not on facebook so can't take that route.

I'm still debating it in my head if I should keep the order, I know the slip will be nice in hand and the finsh will be quality but it's that image and lenti that really put me off.
If the lenti is extremely colourful, vivid and just a great image (unlike John wick lenti) then it might save it a little

I like the steel and the look of the special cards. What are special card? What's special about them or are they post cards we usually see?

I didn't pay attention to the feedback but only presented that I though the ''magnet lenticular'' as Usual should be free of titles. It's nice as some like titles but when it is overboard, on every piece of Bonus Items and Fullslip, it can be too much. I don't mind titles on Fullslips they always do great Fullslips but what I think is nice is removing the steel part and have that clean look that the magnet lenticular has. and once removed from the steel you can see the steel with Titles... it's nice when it isn't plastered all over everything. For me that would be my constructive criticism I which they would apply. But they will do some other nice ones, on other releases no doubt.

I am not on Facebook as well so can't pass my feedback as well.

haha I was responding as I was reading your message and you mentioned the magnet lenti, we thought the same way, it should have been different.

Those Special Cards they usually include them in a 2nd edition. Usually we have the Booklet and the other edition will have the cards in an envelop, but on some edition that has only has 1 version, they at times include extra bonus items. So they are just Photo cards from the movie, an extra Bonus Item which is always nice.

Now if you want to keep it or not it is really the collector in you that can decide that :thumbs: