Independence Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #36) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 18,2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Prices: 899 CZK - 1898 CZK (Steelbook with Alien Attacker Ship)
Notes: Limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)

received_1357065380976679.jpeg ID4.jpg
film_22578_3.jpg

film_22578_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have waited. Maybe Filmarena will hear us and find the reason. If confirmed, I will cancel certainly, I do not want this horror on my shelves. Even with a superb finish, it's still ugly.

only people to change art after complaints so fat been It Follows Plain. I doubt they will do much with it.
Its already a lot of money for a old movie.

Well, this beauty shot has divided people hasn't it?! To add a gif that @dan8885 added to the thread manta man of steel the other day, this explains it perfectly!
image.gif

Still gets me cracking up every time!! Kudos to @dan8885 for this one.
Seriously though, I think the fullslip is quite good, but I think FA have dropped the ball on that Lenti, looks awful! (n) The white house blowing up would of been perfect. And the price is not too clever either. I hope this isn't a trend FA are going with as they will notice a slight drop in demand for their packages I think. Still got it on order as I think they will still to a decent job and prefer this to a bare bones release, but still, FA, if you are reading the comments, take note.

If there is anyone noticed that FA list two times the package weight for a single FAC (without battleship) than other previous releases? The shipping postage is two times higher than other releases. For previous FAC release, the weight of a single FAC is always no more than 1000g, which I think is reasonable, but for this ID4, the package weight for a single one is up to 2000g....I can not figure out any reason that this release should weigh so much....terreble for international shipping.....so high shipping postage!!! Is this reasonable? Does FA notice this??:wtf::wtf: @carllenc

Last edited:
i was waiting to see the whole package picture to know if i double dip on this one since i have the original IRON that i love! and i def. pass on this.....happy with my copy....

@carllenc @Collector03601 can you make Filmarena notice this thread? Or are the artworks already final? My decision whether to stay in the GB or not really depends on this. Thank you! :thumbs:

they do not get involved in FA's Creative Process (some exceptions) but indeed The Artwork, what you see on the Beautyshot is final and approved by the Studio.
Next Step is creating the product.
FA does not come on here and read threads, but best way to pass your opinion to them is through their Facebook.

If there is anyone noticed that FA list two times the package weight for a single FAC (without battleship) than other previous releases? The shipping postage is two times higher than other releases. For previous FAC release, the weight of a single FAC is always no more than 1000g, which I think is reasonable, but for this ID4, the package weight for a single one is up to 2000g....I can not figure out any reason that this release should weigh so much....terreble for international shipping.....so high shipping postage!!! Is this reasonable? Does FA notice this??:wtf::wtf: @carllenc

no, one edition should not even pass 1000g, something is simply wrong. I would email them to ask.

Last edited:
no, one edition should not even pass 1000g, something is simply wrong. I would email them to ask.

Agree with you, I think there is something wrong with their package weight system this time.
I noticed the total weight for FAC and battleship together is 4000g, I think the right combination is 1000g for the FAC and 3000g for the battleship. But their system should count 2000g for the FAC and 2000g for the battleship, which is terribly wrong, right?

Agree with you, I think there is something wrong with their package weight system this time.
I noticed the total weight for FAC and battleship together is 4000g, I think the right combination is 1000g for the FAC and 3000g for the battleship. But their system should count 2000g for the FAC and 2000g for the battleship, which is terribly wrong, right?

Something is definitely wrong.

Karel for his GB which is same postal system charges
1 to 2 steelbooks (1000g)
3 to 4 steelbooks (2000g)

So I don't see anything Different from this release to warrant for 1 FAC ID4 to exceed the 1000g mark.

We have seen similar packages in terms of Bonus Items and they never exceeded the 1000g on FA website.

Although I'm going for this, I have to admit, that price is a little bit high, and I think Filmarena need to look at that price a bit.
As others have said, it is a 20 year old movie, and WWA art. I know FA will knock it out of the park, and to be fair it will still be value for money, but I'm just a bit worried their prices are going to get even higher, which will be a shame as I think they had a good thing going with their collections as people saw valuein them, and got a chance to own a premium edition with out the Blu fans prices!(n)
In other news, bring on the beauty shots!!:D

Exactly.

The comparison with Blufans was very accurate I think. In this instance, we're now looking at around 20 euros for the slip, cards, booklet and lenticular - which is something rather less that value for money. If the basic steel were selling for 25 euros or so it woudl be more acceptable; but patently it is not. In point of fact, for a relatively old film, the basic steel itself is pricey at 18 Euros

Plus, as someone else pointed out, the release schedule has gone to pot.

@chunk - It is strictly 1001 numbered - and the ship (which is blooody pricey for a piece of cheap plastic) is optional, and the latter comes with the artbook. The limitation to 1001 still in no way justifies the price.
As I have opined elsewhere, this should be up at 799czk tops, and ideally 699 I won't even go into the pricing of the attacker ship either at FA or elsewhere!

The greater point is that this doesn't bode well for the pricing of future WEA (which one assumes will materialize at some point down the line)

Last edited:
Exactly.

The comparison with Blufans was very accurate I think. In this instance, we're now looking at around 20 euros for the slip, cards, booklet and lenticular - which is something rather less that value for money. If the basic steel were selling for 25 euros or so it woudl be more acceptable; but patently it is not. In point of fact, for a relatively old film, the basic steel itself is pricey at 18 Euros

Plus, as someone else pointed out, the release schedule has gone to pot.

@chunk - It is strictly 1001 numbered - and the ship (which is blooody pricey for a piece of cheap plastic) is optional, and the latter comes with the artbook. The limitation to 1001 still in no way justifies the price.
As I have opined elsewhere, this should be up at 799czk tops, and ideally 699 I won't even go into the pricing of the attacker ship either at FA or elsewhere!

The greater point is that this doesn't bode well for the pricing of future WEA (which one assumes will materialize at some point down the line)

How exactly are the FAC releases comparable to a Blufans release other than they are both Steelbooks? I must have missed something.
I think the Full Slip is just okay, the lenti and ship edition I'm not a fan of. There last couple lentis could have been better. I'm still grabbing a copy despite the price increase, although this isn't the 1st 899 CZK FAC release I'm fairly certain. I buy all the FAC releases so it would take a lot for me to miss a copy, yeah they got me.

Last edited:
FAC editions are getting too expensive. Quality standard is high, always has been. No discussion about that. But the high demand is driving prices up. Not cool, imo.

Also, this shot. Eh.