Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 17th, 2015
Purchase link: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Price: $14.99

Other titles in wave:
Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Saving Private Ryan
Star Trek XI
The Wolf of Wall Street
Anchorman 1 & 2
Noah
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Hercules

bestbuywave.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to grab Khan, and it's kind of cool that they are doing Raiders for the guys who missed the Zavvi one, but come on. They need to hand out some new titles instead of reprinting from a wave that could probably still be required, reprinting from other store exclusives, and recycling garbage like Transformers and Ninja Turtles.

Glad I grabbed Anchorman double movie steelbook from Wally World when it was under $10. Not sure if I can justify the double dipping on Indiana after I already got the 3 matching Futurepaks from Target. When I click on Star Trek it says it's already available for pick up.

it wouldnt surprise me if some werent reprints but in fact leftover stock redistributed. And 2 that you would think were reprints are in fact different Finish. Germany finally became good at that too.

The following are available in very limited quantities in a few store locations:
- Hercules (BD/DVD/DC) $14.99
- TMNT (BD/DVD/DC) $17.99 (no embossing/ninja mask)
- Saving Private Ryan (BD) $11.99
- Star Trek 2003 (BD) $11.99
- Noah (BD/DVD/DC) $11.99 (glossy)
- Scarface Comic Wave (BD/DVD/DC) $7.99
- Transformers 4 AoE (BD/DVD/DC) $14.99

More of the same movies done to death! I don't get it, I could probably name 50 titles that have yet to be released in steelbook form and here we are getting more of the same. ugh! :arghh:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
More of the same titles done to death! I don't get it, I could probably name 50 titles that have yet to be released in steelbook form and here we are getting more of the same. ugh! :arghh:
That's the problem with releases like this. I'm all for steels in the USA, but I already own the UK Indy steelbooks. Plus, I already own a majority of this wave. Last fall when BBY got the first Paramount batch of steelbooks it was awesome because those were titles we've never gotten in steelbook form here before (e.g. Saving Private Ryan, Top Gun).

Can anyone confirm whether or not Wolf of Wall Street has the same interior art the Target exclusive had, or no art at all like many BB steelbooks go?

I can now confirm that WoWS is the same as the Target steelbook, with interior art. Also picked up Raiders of the Lost Ark, hope the other Indy movies get released without the embossed border like this one.

Reactions: digitalbabe
That's the problem with releases like this. I'm all for steels in the USA, but I already own the UK Indy steelbooks. Plus, I already own a majority of this wave. Last fall when BBY got the first Paramount batch of steelbooks it was awesome because those were titles we've never gotten in steelbook form here before (e.g. Saving Private Ryan, Top Gun).

We have never had the Indy steels over here, so I am happy for that. I did not get the UK ones, because they were never shure when they would be available. So I am happy. We also got Star Trek 2 which is a first. Not for me, but at least its different