Full Review: Click here

ibcanada.jpg

ibcanada-1.jpg ibcanada-2.jpg

IB4.jpg

IB3.jpg

IB2.jpg

IB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not the sellers who are the issue, they are upfront and clear. However, if you're doing the selling, you have to deal with liars, fraudsters, con merchants and all kinds of dishonest approaches. Just saying.

Reactions: Lutzo
I was finally able to add this beauty to my collection and for as little as £15.50 shipped! :woot::oohyeah::OMG::dead: I found a listing on eBay titled "Inglorious Basterds Blu Ray Steelbook Usa Region Free" but saw instantly what I believed was the FS steelbook :watch::naughty: The starting bid was set as low as £2 so I messaged the seller and asked if they had a BIN price as I didn't really want to wait 10 days at auction ;) They quickly replied > "12.00" :wow::dead: ...so I snapped their arm off and bought it! :D I was sceptical about condition as photos weren't great but the description read as "very mint condition" and for £12, who's gona argue? :p

It arrived within 48 hours of purchasing (credit to the seller :thumbs:) and to my amazement, absolutely mint apart from the tiniest paint dot missing on the front, top blue banner :OMG::OMG: Dog tags still sealed, disks mint but no j-card. The fact it arrived in this fine condition it did given it was sent in one layer of foam and an A1 cardboard mailer, I'm stunned and feel truly blessed :angel::hilarious: Obviously a case of the seller not being aware of what they were selling but another Future Shop bargain for me! :D:kiss: (1st was Iron Man @ £50 :drool::joy:).

20171008_111304_wm[1].jpg

20171008_111338_wm[1].jpg
20171008_111603_wm[1].jpg
20171008_111809_wm[1].jpg
20171008_112124_wm[1].jpg
20171008_112436_wm[1].jpg

Only other IB steel I have the Amazon.it version. Very nice artwork outside but no interior artwork.
20171008_112708_wm[1].jpg

EEK!
20171008_113129_wm[1].jpg

I was finally able to add this beauty to my collection and for as little as £15.50 shipped! :woot::oohyeah::OMG::dead: I found a listing on eBay titled "Inglorious Basterds Blu Ray Steelbook Usa Region Free" but saw instantly what I believed was the FS steelbook :watch::naughty: The starting bid was set as low as £2 so I messaged the seller and asked if they had a BIN price as I didn't really want to wait 10 days at auction ;) They quickly replied > "12.00" :wow::dead: ...so I snapped their arm off and bought it! :D I was sceptical about condition as photos weren't great but the description read as "very mint condition" and for £12, who's gona argue? :p

It arrived within 48 hours of purchasing (credit to the seller :thumbs:) and to my amazement, absolutely mint apart from the tiniest paint dot missing on the front, top blue banner :OMG::OMG: Dog tags still sealed, disks mint but no j-card. The fact it arrived in this fine condition it did given it was sent in one layer of foam and an A1 cardboard mailer, I'm stunned and feel truly blessed :angel::hilarious: Obviously a case of the seller not being aware of what they were selling but another Future Shop bargain for me! :D:kiss: (1st was Iron Man @ £50 :drool::joy:).

View attachment 337997

View attachment 337998 View attachment 337999 View attachment 338000 View attachment 338001 View attachment 338002

Only other IB steel I have the Amazon.it version. Very nice artwork outside but no interior artwork.
View attachment 338003

How does that work out if an item is up for auction but the seller ends up selling it to you at a price?

Were there bids on it? Did he just add the BIN price into the listing?

I must admit if I was bidding on something and the seller pulled it, he'd be getting negative feedback.

View attachment 337997

View attachment 337998 View attachment 337999 View attachment 338000 View attachment 338001 View attachment 338002

View attachment 338003

You got yourself a great deal again, but tbh this movie has no superb steelbook yet ( hope for Nova to do its justice), coz this one has no finish at all + blu banner, the "red one" ( which is the only one I own btw) has fugly finish as well + as you said no interior artwork :vomit: and probably the best one is the other canadian steel, but then they f*cked it up with bilingual spine :rolleyes: Aaaalways something, but this one has definitely best artwork ( back as well) and also debossed title and since it is still available on amazon :wow::bored:EEK!:OMG: I will probably grab it soon. Funny as I actually have this one on list since release date :hilarious::D

3_debossed_inglourious_basterds_steelbook_canada.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Mickle_89
How does that work out if an item is up for auction but the seller ends up selling it to you at a price?

Were there bids on it? Did he just add the BIN price into the listing?
There were no bids at the time and he/she was able to just a BIN price to the listing and voila :D I think it had been live for around 3 hours before I bought it.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
You got yourself a great deal again, but tbh this movie has no superb steelbook yet ( hope for Nova to do its justice), coz this one has no finish at all + blu banner, the "red one" ( which is the only one I own btw) has fugly finish as well + as you said no interior artwork :vomit: and probably the best one is the other canadian steel, but then they f*cked it up with bilingual spine :rolleyes: Aaaalways something, but this one has definitely best artwork ( back as well) and also debossed title and since it is still available on amazon :wow::bored:EEK!:OMG: I will probably grab it soon. Funny as I actually have this one on list since release date :hilarious::D

3_debossed_inglourious_basterds_steelbook_canada.jpg
This steel is f*cking awesome, IMO ;):LOL: Another blast from the past :p And yep, the Canadian one with debossed title looks a good all rounder. May have to pick that up soon but for now, I'm content buddy :D:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz and dfoles
The cheapest one on eBay atm is $90 and open:
the steelbook has weird black marks on the top and a paint scratch on the back. It's otherwise mint.

Right, so it has steelbook rust, but otherwise it's mint. Lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I don’t know what is about QT movies not getting awesome SB releases considering the choice of excellent artwork out there.
I have this steel and it is a rubbish finish and dull artwork, I think that the Italian one is about the best but they all disappoint tbh.
Since Nova are sorting out Dogs and Pulp maybe they will get to work on the others in need of the treatment that they deserve.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I've been wanting this since I started collecting steels in 2010. A week and a half ago @Apollon kindly pm'd me a link to an ebay auction. I put it on my watchlist but forgot to bid on it, and the auction ended when I was at a Metallica gig May 2nd. Whish I didn't forgot about it because it ended at CA $20.50. :banghead::arghh:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323225990231?ul_noapp=true

I've been wanting this since I started collecting steels in 2010. A week and a half ago @Apollon kindly pm'd me a link to an ebay auction. I put it on my watchlist but forgot to bid on it, and the auction ended when I was at a Metallica gig May 2nd. Whish I didn't forgot about it because it ended at CA $20.50. :banghead::arghh:

You should have asked me my friend ;)

But seriously... 20$ for this???? I knew the steelbook market crashed but damn...

Reactions: spass
You should have asked me my friend ;)

But seriously... 20$ for this???? I knew the steelbook market crashed but damn...

Thanks buddy, I know. Lesson learned. :)

Damn, is right! It was in excellent condition too.

:facepalm: Damn, unlucky @spass :(:( Next time try and prioritize better. Steels first and foremost, all other enjoyment and fun activities after :p:D

But seriously, keep up the hunt buddy :watch: Your bargain IB-FS will come :angel::cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Funny this thread came up, I had been looking for a source for one of these this morning.