Inherent vice

Would you buy an inherent vice steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2014
United Kingdom
This Paul Thomas Anderson film has some really cool posters which would look great on a steelbook, what do you think?

My attempt of an Inherent vice steelbook.
image.jpg

Well you got further than I ever did... I never hear back from anyone at WB. (n)

I usually love Joaquin and his dry sense of humour, but it was lost on me in that film... I didn't have a clue what was happening or what the point in the story was half the time lol. I'll rewatch it at some point though. :)

I thought Magnolia was awful when I first saw it too... I actually just rewatched it for the first time a couple of months ago though and enjoyed it a lot more!

Got your PMs mate and will reply soon! I've got loads of messages to catch up on though as they're constantly coming in from people, so I'll try and get through most of them this weekend. :coffee:

That's the point of the film, your supposed to be confused as he is. Your getting the story through the eyes and mind of a stoner hippy PI

No worries

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut
So the point is that it's pointless? Yet another reason not to do drugs. :wacky:

Lol

Well he works it out in the end. Plus he's working with what he's given. Lol I'm not going into this, watch it again. It's funny

Just done a concept for this without knowing there was already a thread containing a concept that uses the same art. :LOL:

Oh well! I plan to do a slip etc. to go with it once I have a bit more time. ;)

Here's mine...

#81 Inherent Vice (SC).png

Just done a concept for this without knowing there was already a thread containing a concept that uses the same art. :LOL:

Oh well! I plan to do a slip etc. to go with it once I have a bit more time. ;)

Here's mine...

View attachment 278433

Haha I completely forgot t800zaz did one lol, haven't been in this thread in ages

Yeah brilliant mate. Just what I want.

I do need to get that in some form of art or poster. Would look great framed

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
An Inherent Vice premium edition is definitely Plain Archive's territory.
Given their great taste in movies, and the fact that PTA's previous flick, the stunning 'The Master' was also released by them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Haha I completely forgot t800zaz did one lol, haven't been in this thread in ages

Yeah brilliant mate. Just what I want.

I do need to get that in some form of art or poster. Would look great framed
To be honest I was a little surprised that no one had already done a concept using that art... until I realised that they had! :p

I literally love all the official posters/artwork for this film... kind of makes me wish I enjoyed it more. A framed poster would look awesome! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Given their great taste in movies, and the fact that PTA's previous flick, the stunning 'The Master' was also released by them.
Definitely! I'd love to see them release editions for other PTA films too... like Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love etc.

• Thanks

I really want plain to do it too but although I love their moody artistic slips and steel art this can't have that, it has to be the colourful stoner arts. Has to be

To be honest I was a little surprised that no one had already done a concept using that art... until I realised that they had! :p

I literally love all the official posters/artwork for this film... kind of makes me wish I enjoyed it more. A framed poster would look awesome! :D

At some point I'm going try and get the wide version of what you have used for the steel and one of the other two I sent you earlier. Probaly the one that's not the uk ammray cover so the one where it's the repeat lady laying accross but his expression above her is perfect

I really want plain to do it too but although I love their moody artistic slips and steel art this can't have that, it has to be the colourful stoner arts. Has to be

At some point I'm going try and get the wide version of what you have used for the steel and one of the other two I sent you earlier. Probaly the one that's not the uk ammray cover so the one where it's the repeat lady laying accross but his expression above her is perfect
I think we've had this conversation before but I still can't believe that this didn't even get a slipcover in UK, let alone a Steelbook, just a basic amaray(n).....

• Thanks