iPhone 4S revealed

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per CNN:

Apple on Tuesday unveiled the iPhone 4S, a faster version of its best-selling smartphone.The phone looks identical to a previous model of the phone, but contains an A5 processor that the company says is up to seven times faster at rendering graphics and twice as fast at processing data than older versions of the iPhone.

iPhone 4S is a "world phone," meaning it will be able to place calls more easily on wireless networks all over the world, not just in the United States. It will be available on AT&T and Verizon; so far the company has not mentioned making the phone available on Sprint, as was widely rumored in advance of the Tuesday event.

The phone also has "fantastic battery life," allowing people to talk for eight hours on the phone before needing to charge it again, said Phil Schiller, Apple's vice-president for product marketing.
It features an 8 megapixel camera with a better light sensor, making it as good or better than many point-and-shoot devices. It will shoot high-definition video -- and has a new image stabilization feature -- to make your YouTube videos less shaky.

A new voice-recognition feature called Siri will let iPhone users control their phones by talking to them."I've been in the AI (artificial intelligence) field a long time. This blows me away," Apple's Scott Forstall, a senior vice-president for iPhone software, said at the event.

In a demo, Forstall asked the phone to "find me a Greek restaurant in Palo Alto." The phone pulled up restaurants from the app Yelp. He asked it what the weather was like today, and the Siri service pulled up the latest weather data.That drew applause from the audience, according to a live blog on the site GDGT.

The announcement came at a press conference at Apple's company headquarters, which is ongoing.More details on the phone should be available soon.

meh it falls in line with how they've been doing things all along. Can't really complain this far in the game really; 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, etc.

I always watch these Apple events to see if I want to go back to an iPhone. But, to be honest, I don't think there's anything they can do to get me off of Android. I love my Widgets way too much. Widgets FTW!

I think its a big letdown. They needed to add a bigger screen and change the design. 3.5" is too small with all these big screens around.

Yeah, seems like an 'in between' model to me...kind of like when PS3 released PS3 slim...(and I am not claiming to know much about modern consoles). But at the time I thought ..."placeholder, while they work on PS4"...

Just got my iPhone 4S today! :)

I love Siri.

I was on an iPhone 3G and it was about to die... I was looking into getting the iPhone 4 from a friend but he didn't upgrade so that was a bummer... Then I remembered the antenna issues that happened with the iPhone 4 and thought...

I could get the 4S, which is a better version of the 4, then get the 5S in 2 years so they have time to iron out the bugs in the iPhone 5... I'm bummed there's not a one year contract, but such is life...

I think its a big letdown. They needed to add a bigger screen and change the design. 3.5" is too small with all these big screens around.

I completely disagree but understand your point. My brother has a thunderbolt and, to me, it's WAY too big... I don't want a mini-iPad in my pocket. I like that it's a bit smaller and easy to put away. If I wanted something that big I'd just carry my iPad with me.

Yeah, seems like an 'in between' model to me...kind of like when PS3 released PS3 slim...(and I am not claiming to know much about modern consoles). But at the time I thought ..."placeholder, while they work on PS4"...

the slim was made to lower cost so Sony could make more money on each console sold and it solved overheating issues by consuming nearly half the power of a "fat" model.

what slip said, and they actually have made a slim for every playstation before it. Always seem to make one later and lowering costs on model parts etc.

I completely disagree but understand your point. My brother has a thunderbolt and, to me, it's WAY too big... I don't want a mini-iPad in my pocket. I like that it's a bit smaller and easy to put away. If I wanted something that big I'd just carry my iPad with me.

I have an Evo 3D and it feels just right. I don't like the small screen of the iPhone, specially if you are now into watching stuff on it. It's just small. but hey it works for some and it doesn't for others.

I have an Evo 3D and it feels just right. I don't like the small screen of the iPhone, specially if you are now into watching stuff on it. It's just small. but hey it works for some and it doesn't for others.

Yeah. I can see that, but I have an iPad so I just watch stuff on that if i'm looking for mobile viewing... I love the feel of the new iPhone. I wish I would have gotten the iPhone 4. The square shape is so much more comfortable in my hand than the curvy 3G... lol.

I'm really happy with the phone... but as I said, I've been on the 3G so moving up three generations is nuts... haha.

I personally dont feel there is enough change in the 4s....

Definatly not enough for me to change from my Iphone4

Like I said. It wasn't meant to be. They did the same thing with the 3GS. And i'm sure we'll see an iPhone 5S as well... :)

Yep each to their own, some people will prefer a smaller phone. I just look at it next to other phones like the Galaxy S2 and it makes the screen look so small. I would much rather watch videos, browse and such on a bigger screen. Don't get me wrong though i do like Iphones and if they would have used a bigger screen i would have been very interested. Congrats on your new phone!

what do you guys think about this case?

278173622987.jpeg

i was about to pay $150 for it, then I decided to pay $100 for the square trade warranty for any drop or mishap. I thought it would cure my need for the case since I wouldn't care if I drop it...but now...I still want it :(

Man...not sure what to do...:(

278173622987.jpeg

i was about to pay $150 for it, then I decided to pay $100 for the square trade warranty for any drop or mishap. I thought it would cure my need for the case since I wouldn't care if I drop it...but now...I still want it :(

Why is the case so expensive, it seems like an awful lot of money to me. What about getting a cheaper case and the warranty. You have the best of both worlds then.

I wish it was cheaper...as why? made in usa...whatever special aluminum, design, etc.

Here's the video review that made me fall in love with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wD43VDak7I

I want to forget about it since I bought the warranty already, but I keep thinking about it. I search for similar case, but I keep coming back to this brand for some reason.

That's the problem with me...I waste so much money in life... :(

Why is the case so expensive, it seems like an awful lot of money to me. What about getting a cheaper case and the warranty. You have the best of both worlds then.

Last edited by a moderator:

278173622987.jpeg

Just pick yourself up an otterbox case to go along with your squaretrade warranty. Less than $20 normally on either amazon or ebay. I've had one on my iphone 4 for over a year now with no problems, not even a scratched screen. I work at a golf course, so, it's exposed to all kinds of dirt and sand and such.