Actual pictures: (thanks to megabee)
ukim2-1.jpg

ukim2-2.jpg

ukim2-3.jpg

ukim2-4.jpg

ukimen.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video

Last edited by a moderator:
From the pictures, doesn't appear to be embossed/debossed. But I believe IM1 (also play.com exclusive) will be.

I agree with the other HDN members that the glossy Asian exclusive steel is the best but this play.com version is quite a 'steal' (no pun intended) as well. It seems that play.com is adapting the cover art of the normal blu-ray releases as cover art for these exclusives ... pretty good idea imo.

From the pictures, doesn't appear to be embossed/debossed. But I believe IM1 (also play.com exclusive) will be.

I agree with the other HDN members that the glossy Asian exclusive steel is the best but this play.com version is quite a 'steal' (no pun intended) as well. It seems that play.com is adapting the cover art of the normal blu-ray releases as cover art for these exclusives ... pretty good idea imo.

Mockup's never show debossing and embossing. You'll have to wait and see when you get it or maybe Wreck ahs some info on it and will let us all know.

You know you have too many steelbooks, when you say to yourself, "I wish I had that Asian Iron Man 2 Steelbook" and when you go over to check your collection, it's sitting there on the top shelf.

Needless to say, I'll be picking this one up as well.

Oh man this happened to me with a steelbook too when I went a little crazy and bought like 25 steels at once.... I saw a post with the Lion King Asia steel and went hmm thats so nice I wish I had it. When I was moving some steels around bamn right there it was sitting... I already owned it :hilarious:

Reactions: blu-steel
I actually might cancel my pre-order for this one and just get a nordic disc for my Asian version for very cheap somewhere. I have to wait until it arrives in my mailbox.

And overall this Steelbook looks like it could easily be matte finished, having both movies are glossy ones would be sweet. :p

My IM shelf will kick some serious a$$ when this & IM from Play.com gets released, IM FS Vs IM2 TW on one side, then these two beauties on the other, IM DE 1st print steelbook & IM2 US Metalpack will have to go back in the cupboard and hide away in shame hehe

had to add another to my order, 3 ordered so should cover any which possibly could get damaged and then if all is good then I can have one open, one sealed and trade the other eventually:)

I'm not so sure. it would need to be debossed first, which doesn't fit with that artwork imo.

Edit: Apologies if this appears pedantic, but the title could be debossed and I suspect it will be.

I doubt it, from what I keep reading, even tho people are ordering both steels, people are ordering way more copy's of IM1 than this

I wonder how this is doing compared to IM1. Will this also sell out this week?

Iron Man looks better than Iron Man 2, plus Iron Man 2 there are a lot of other alternatives to choose from before these releases, such as the Asian ones and also the USA Target release Metal Pak. So more people are gonna stock up on IM 1 due the rareness of the previous Future Shop ones and the Germany Media Martk release. Iron Man 2 will take longer to go OOP.