Apr 2, 2012
Berlin/Germany
Release date: October 4, 2013
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Cede.de
Price: €7.99 (Amazon) - €17.99 (Cede)
Notes: Matte finish, printed info on back, inside artwork, fixed blu-ray banner on top of front and back covers
Group buys: g0bl1nk1ng & Masterblaster

01.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Engelskind)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's incredible that those designing this don't have a clue what the steelbook community wants. NOBODY wants a blu banner. EVERYBODY wants a clean back with no print.

This IM3 steelbook from Germany, IMO, has the best front artwork and the best inside artwork, and a nice disc! They got so much right, but it's spoiled by the printed info on the back. If they would have just simply put a kick ass picture of The Mandarin (Kingsley) or Gwyneth instead. I could deal with the blu banner. I would totally have gotten this one and been quite happy. So disappointing. So very disappointing :(

Reactions: justboy
50 left. Strange because they had over 999 on Monday.

Might be Amazon has the same problem as Saturn Market. Was at the main Saturn Market in Hamburg today.
Took me about 20 mins to find a copy without paint chips or scratches. They all had paint chips/scratches on the left half of the back. Seems either a manufacturing problem or they got damaged when shrink wrapped.
Maybe some people complained at amazon and they decided to check their stock.

It's incredible that those designing this don't have a clue what the steelbook community wants. NOBODY wants a blu banner. EVERYBODY wants a clean back with no print.

This IM3 steelbook from Germany, IMO, has the best front artwork and the best inside artwork, and a nice disc! They got so much right, but it's spoiled by the printed info on the back. If they would have just simply put a kick ass picture of The Mandarin (Kingsley) or Gwyneth instead. I could deal with the blu banner. I would totally have gotten this one and been quite happy. So disappointing. So very disappointing :(
some want it, but there are the minority

Might be Amazon has the same problem as Saturn Market. Was at the main Saturn Market in Hamburg today.
Took me about 20 mins to find a copy without paint chips or scratches. They all had paint chips/scratches on the left half of the back. Seems either a manufacturing problem or they got damaged when shrink wrapped.
Maybe some people complained at amazon and they decided to check their stock.

If that's the case then good on Amazon to actually do something instead of sending out damaged steels to customers. Wish other retailers would follow suit.

Reactions: Ardu
Got my IM 3 copy today from cede :thumbs:

It's ident to the previous German steelbooks of Iron Man - matte finish, printed info on back, inside artwork, fixed blu-ray banner on top

Here are some pics
DSC_0471_zps36de243f.jpg

More:
DSC_0470_zps17594cb2.jpg

DSC_0472_zpsc82dd85a.jpg

DSC_0473_zps7861ffe8.jpg

DSC_0467_zps48822b24.jpg

Happy I ordered this one as a pre-order for EUR 12.52. Maybe down the road I'll consider the arc version when there is still an over abundance and prices tank ;)

I have the FS one and the HK one with the blue banners on top ... this will match. Only thing I wish was that the text on the spine went from top to bottom and not the way they have it.

Oh well!

In our Media Markt it is sold for 12,90 Euro. However, I checked about 30 copies and every single one had at least one or two paint chips, fortunately mainly on the back side.

Best wishes,

Michael

I got mine from Amazon and it has a paint chip too in the upper right corner of the back. I have been to Müller today and their complete stock had it on the same spot.