Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase: Zavvi
Release: December 15th, 2014
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 500 (numbered)
Transparent Heavy 180g Red Vinyl
Shipped in 12" locktab record mailers

Emmy Award winning Ramin Djawadi’s powerful, pulsating, contemporary score to Marvel’s masterpiece Iron Man appears here on vinyl for the first time. Produced by Hans Zimmer, the album includes the previously unreleased 1960s Iron Man Theme from the animated TV series and a bonus track from California thrash giants Suicidal Tendencies.

thumb.jpg IM vinyl zavvi.png

Side A
  • Driving With The Top Down
  • Iron Man (2008 Version) - John O'Brien and Rick Boston
  • Merchant Of Death
  • Trinkets To Kill A Prince
  • Mark I
  • Fireman
  • Vacation's Over
  • Golden Egg
  • Damn Kid - DJ Boborobo
  • Mark II
Side B
  • Extra Dry, Extra Olives
  • Iron Man
  • Gulmira
  • Are Those Bullet Holes?
  • Section 16
  • Iron Monger
  • Arc Reaktor
  • Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies
  • Iron Man 60s Theme - Jack Urbont

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that affect of people!
How did you open yours to still have the wrapper on and get the disc out?
What number did you get?

If you're talking to me mate, I just sliced the side open with a knife :)

Got number 457 (for my brother for Xmas) and 458 (for me) - rubbish numbers but not really bothered tbh lol

It sounds like I'm alone here, but is anyone else completely underwhelmed by this one? Maybe because I'm a vinyl collector, I'm just not too impressed by this one.

The jacket is all flimsy and not even a gatefold (e.g. No inside art). Also, the vinyl itself is ok in the fact that it isn't just plain black; but they could've done a two-tone job using red & either yellow or gold and made this much better in my opinion. At least they could've made the red actually be transparent if they were going to call it that. You can see through it (kinda), but not near as well as other transparent vinyls I've seen/own.

This one could've been worse, but I feel like there were definitely some missed opportunities here.

Received mine a couple of days ago. Purchased at Zavvi UK, but it was shipped from NL. The packaging was **** and, of course, one of the corners is really bent - repeats the shape of vinyl now. No. 16 is ruined. Will take it up with Zavvi, see what happens.

Looks good Brad!

Reactions: BradG1984
Looks awesome dude, where you the frame, i want to do that to mine :D

My brother got it for me from a shop in Brighton, not sure of the name but I can get the dimensions of the frame later on for you mate as it's the perfect size I think with a nice chunky border around it, rather than being too snug to the frame :thumbs:

Reactions: dipzy