Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...i ordered this! I have NO interest in the zbox but i ordered because i started collecting steelbooks after the Play Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbooks were released and i refuse to pay upwards of £100 to someone who maybe ordered multiple copies purely to make money!!! I ordered with the ZVC5 code so taking into account the £24-99 for the steelbook i am lucky that my finances allow me to discard the additional £12-13 on the zbox!....i agree that what Zavvi are doing is wrong, very wrong and many people cannot afford to do what i'm doing!! And i'm pretty sure Zavvi will shaft eveyone who bought this package by putting the steelbook up on it's own but nothing surprises me anymore with this company!! I have cancelled all my pre-orders apart from Disney/Pixar ones because all the future Marvel ones are freely available elsewhere in Europe!!! And expect Iron Man 2 to be the next one done in this vein!!!!

Ok...i ordered this! I have NO interest in the zbox but i ordered because i started collecting steelbooks after the Play Iron Man 1 & 2 steelbooks were released and i refuse to pay upwards of £100 to someone who maybe ordered multiple copies purely to make money!!! I ordered with the ZVC5 code so taking into account the £24-99 for the steelbook i am lucky that my finances allow me to discard the additional £12-13 on the zbox!....i agree that what Zavvi are doing is wrong, very wrong and many people cannot afford to do what i'm doing!! And i'm pretty sure Zavvi will shaft eveyone who bought this package by putting the steelbook up on it's own but nothing surprises me anymore with this company!! I have cancelled all my pre-orders apart from Disney/Pixar ones because all the future Marvel ones are freely available elsewhere in Europe!!! And expect Iron Man 2 to be the next one done in this vein!!!!

Certainly can't fault your logic :)

Tony Stark ordering an Iron Man Steelbook ? Shocking :p

But with that logic you endorse Zavvi to keep doing it, and make them continue to tie steels with ZBoxes.
Too bad. :(
Good for you though I guess, you get the steel.

Reactions: Flloydo
dlux....what can you do! i refuse to pay £100+ on fleabay to some scalper!!!! and i want a complete Marvel steelbook set...i'm currently missing Iron Man 1, 2 & Incredible Hulk!!!

dlux....what can you do! i refuse to pay £100+ on fleabay to some scalper!!!! and i want a complete Marvel steelbook set...i'm currently missing Iron Man 1, 2 & Incredible Hulk!!!

Have a cool head and dont fall for it? If they notice people dont buy those crappy deals, they will surely stop with it. But they wont if people continue to pay for it.....
I'm missing those three also, plus CA and Thor! I badly want all of them. But still, i wont endorse these ****** saletactics. I just wont do it. In my opinion no one should if they care for the steelbook community and the hobby as a whole.

And what happens when Zavvi is done with the scaremongering once they've shifted their Zboxes and they release this seperately down the road to sell off the remainder of the print run? (which is a good probability) You'll be left wondering why you forked out for something extra you didn't want to begin with and they'll be laughing getting the next one ready......

Order Despatched
When I get delivery I'm not sure if I will be opening mine
I'd wait till someone else does, plus if IM turns up later on its own, then time to send it back for a full refund. Although knowing Zavvi they will wait till after the return time has passed so people are forced to keep them.

On Amazon, as I'm sure you all know, there is a 'price order guarantee' which allows anyone pre-ordering an item to claim the lowest price quoted for that item for up to 24 hours after the time it is released and sometimes they are obliging enough to charge the lowest price even beyond that 24 hour period.
I always make a point of checking the price on release day of an item that I may have pre-ordered months before with them and they will always adjust the price to the lowest if it drops before release but I always remind them if the drop is substantial in the few days AFTER release and request a refund of the difference and more often than not they oblige.

Not sure how it works with Zavvi but given this substantial drop of 1/4 on release day I personally, if I'd ordered this, would be sending a message to Zavvi requesting a GBP 5 refund !

I take it he's referring to the Play.com 'IM' :)
It's a lot less than 100 as well and since hes buying this he just wants an IM steel. [emoji6] too many IM steels has seen all but the FS version drop in value.

For little over the price of this garbage box you can get a superior version, and most are only buying for the steel.

It may be less than GBP 100 but it's still around GBP 75 at the time of writing for the Play.com 'Iron Man' and certainly a LOT MORE than this new one which may be a real stunner in the flesh.

I don't need or want multiple versions of this from abroad and I'm happy with my Play.com 1 & 2 though would pick up this new one (and hopefully a future 'IM 2' in matching style) if and when I get the chance.

It may be less than GBP 100 but it's still around GBP 75 at the time of writing for the Play.com 'Iron Man' and certainly a LOT MORE than this new one which may be a real stunner in the flesh.

I don't need or want multiple versions of this from abroad and I'm happy with my Play.com 1 & 2 though would pick up this new one (and hopefully a future 'IM 2' in matching style) if and when I get the chance.
That's because you only buy British, most here don't [emoji4] he stated clearly he doesn't own IM and isn't paying £100 for one. An IM can be obtained for as little as £45 which is only a few pounds more than the original GB price. Showing the flaw in his argument.

Maybe he prefers to buy British like me ?
Anyway GBP 50 for the foreign steels is still double what this one costs :)
EDIT: OK, as you have to buy if with the ZBOX @GBP 15 the difference isn't so great.