DudleyMan LZ378116035CN
Steelcouch LY206854201CN
rschiks LZ378116044CN
Shadowscythe85 LY206854215CN
Mefisto from Hell LZ378116058CN
kingkarl1967 LZ378115931CN
phate11 LZ378116061CN

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't HDZeta's fault that this doesn't include the discs. The film was banned in China by the government. The alternative is no release at all.
Then they should had considered that before wouldn’t you agree?
I expect a release to be a full package. The responsibility lies with the retailer.

I expect a release to be a full package. The responsibility lies with the retailer.

Disagree. Whatever process the Chinese government goes through to approve their films often takes a significant amount of time. The retailer is pushed to place their order often before that approval is given. Notice how the WWA steelbooks typically come out approximately around the same time? They are manufactured together, once. It isn't Blufans making an order for 300 for their OABs over here, HDZeta wants 400 for silver label over there, Nova wants 1500 so they boot up the steelbook making machine three separate times to fill all the orders. They make a single run of them and then that's it. So should HDZeta just ignore a popular title when they are forced to make an order without knowing what their government is going to do? Clearly in this instance all of the materials had to be made before the government made their decision - so here we are. WEA takes even longer to get approved, but there is a reason that Blufans and HDZeta seem like they take forever to release their films and it is on the Chinese government, not on them.

China has interesting views on what their audiences see when it comes to the supernatural. There are many instances where movies are altered and entire scenes removed when ghosts and other beings are shown on screen in their theaters. It makes for an interesting Google search to see what kinds of films they've "banned" in China.

What is the problem exactly? The steelbook will almost certainly be cheaper, just put the money saved towards your choice of disc to stick inside. Problem solved :thumbs:.

Disagree. Whatever process the Chinese government goes through to approve their films often takes a significant amount of time. The retailer is pushed to place their order often before that approval is given. Notice how the WWA steelbooks typically come out approximately around the same time? They are manufactured together, once. It isn't Blufans making an order for 300 for their OABs over here, HDZeta wants 400 for silver label over there, Nova wants 1500 so they boot up the steelbook making machine three separate times to fill all the orders. They make a single run of them and then that's it. So should HDZeta just ignore a popular title when they are forced to make an order without knowing what their government is going to do? Clearly in this instance all of the materials had to be made before the government made their decision - so here we are. WEA takes even longer to get approved, but there is a reason that Blufans and HDZeta seem like they take forever to release their films and it is on the Chinese government, not on them.

China has interesting views on what their audiences see when it comes to the supernatural. There are many instances where movies are altered and entire scenes removed when ghosts and other beings are shown on screen in their theaters. It makes for an interesting Google search to see what kinds of films they've "banned" in China.

Sorry but I don’t get involved in the politics. When zeta made the announcement I expect a fully packaged steelbook with the discs inside. That is what I am paying for.

Zeta might as well become premium slip retailers...

Nicely put :thumbs:

Which would be why we don't see any premium horror titles from China. Either Blufans or Zeta.

Is this the first Chinese premium horror title?

(I know Zeta did Tom Cruises The Mummy but it's hardly 'horror'. More a thriller)

What is the problem exactly? The steelbook will almost certainly be cheaper, just put the money saved towards your choice of disc to stick inside. Problem solved :thumbs:.

I would prefer a fully packaged premium steelbook. Not something missing. I don’t own any copies of this movie, and when a premium retailer announces that I expect to have it all together. It’s like going to cafe and ordering breakfast and you are missing the bacon lol :LOL:

The incompleteness is unfulfilling.

That is the only solution I see for this case... and for those that don't unwrap it certainly helps the wallet. But for those that actually want to watch the movie, this solution turns out to be more expensive. Deal breaker? Depends on how badly you want it I guess.

I would prefer a fully packaged premium steelbook. Not something missing. I don’t own any copies of this movie, and when a premium retailer announces that I expect to have it all together. It’s like going to cafe and ordering breakfast and you are missing the bacon lol :LOL:

The incompleteness is unfulfilling.
But you've been told beforehand that it won't include bacon! So it's not unexpected and nobody's forcing you. You have the option of going elsewhere if you're unhappy :thumbs:

That is the only solution I see for this case... and for those that don't unwrap it certainly helps the wallet. But for those that actually want to watch the movie, this solution turns out to be more expensive. Deal breaker? Depends on how badly you want it I guess.
Exactly.

I thought most of you guys don't open these anyway? I always thought I was the freak that opens all of my premiums?!! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
But you've been told beforehand that it won't include bacon! So it's not unexpected and nobody's forcing you. You have the option of going elsewhere if you're unhappy :thumbs:

Not on an announcing this title did it state they weren’t including the discs. I’m giving my 2 cents mate. Zeta should become premium slip retailers.

It seems to be a common issue with someone espresses their opinion and the usual go somewhere else if you don’t want it etc.

So we can only be vocal on the positives but we give a negative opinion everyone comes in defense. I made a clear comment about how I prefer premium steelbooks to be nicely packaged up, and sealed also. So when it comes release date I can have the joy of opening up a complete package.

As I said zeta should become premium slip retailers as well as steelbook retailers.

Not on an announcing this title did it state they weren’t including the discs. I’m giving my 2 cents mate. Zeta should become premium slip retailers.

It seems to be a common issue with someone espresses their opinion and the usual go somewhere else if you don’t want it etc.

So we can only be vocal on the positives but we give a negative opinion everyone comes in defense. I made a clear comment about how I prefer premium steelbooks to be nicely packaged up, and sealed also. So when it comes release date I can have the joy of opening up a complete package.

As I said zeta should become premium slip retailers as well as steelbook retailers.
I'm not disagreeing with. But I think Zeta did all they could.

At the end of the day, you either want it or you don't.

You are not happy with it. I get that. But repeating it over and over doesn't make it any better.

I bet you will still get yourself a copy......

I'm not disagreeing with. But I think Zeta did all they could.

At the end of the day, you either want it or you don't.

You are not happy with it. I get that. But repeating it over and over doesn't make it any better.

I bet you will still get yourself a copy......

I didn’t repeat it over and over. If you ask me questions I’m going to respond silly. Today was the first time I commented about no discs. Hardly call that repeating. I never said I wasnt happy. I was giving feedback. If you don’t like my feedback ignore it or dispute it (as you always do lol).

I didn’t repeat it over and over. If you ask me questions I’m going to respond silly. Today was the first time I commented about no discs. Hardly call that repeating. I never said I wasnt happy. I was giving feedback. If you don’t like my feedback ignore it or dispute it (as you always do lol).
Fair enough .

You'll have your copy before me anyway as mine goes around the world in 80 days!!!! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx
HDZeta went above and beyond trying to get this with discs. I think they even tried to import the UHD disc from another country to put in there instead of local version. That didnt fly either. I dont fault them at all because at least they are trying and gave us something.

Its not like FilmArena announcing titles and ignoring them for over 2 years. They have over 30 announced and I doubt we even see 15 of them ever come to light

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
IT is what IT is :p. I don't fault the efforts in 'trying to make this work' matt @howarmat . I'm sure most retailers would do there best in these unfortunate circumstances. Let's hope this is just a one off for them and they can continue to release complete packages from their hiccups with Blade Runner.

Either way, might as well order the aamray :rofl:

IT is what IT is :p. I don't fault the efforts in 'trying to make this work' matt @howarmat . I'm sure most retailers would do there best in these unfortunate circumstances. Let's hope this is just a one off for them and they can continue to release complete packages from their hiccups with Blade Runner.

Either way, might as well order the aamray :rofl:
The lenticular slipcover editon is really cool! :thumbs:

I hope Zeta put a really nice finish on this slip to keep us lot happy! :p