Just received my new receiver!!

Nice choice! For the low price of $320.00 you get a lot of good features on that receiver. Enjoy.

I know I saw an Onkyo 605 as well but it had less HDMI inputs and this one has more so that's a plus. Although I am not quite sure what does the 7.2 mean lol I am just confused what the .2 does.

I know I saw an Onkyo 605 as well but it had less HDMI inputs and this one has more so that's a plus. Although I am not quite sure what does the 7.2 mean lol I am just confused what the .2 does.

The lack of HDMI inputs is actually why I've held off getting a 605...I might have to consider the RC160 though.:p

The .2 lets you hook up two subwoofers...so then I guess you get more balanced LFE.

The lack of HDMI inputs is actually why I've held off getting a 605...I might have to consider the RC160 though.:p

The .2 lets you hook up two subwoofers...so then I guess you get more balanced LFE.

I got my 605 for $280 shipped :scat: It may lack a few HDMI hook ups but I could alawys plug in a splitter if need be.

And honestly, I have a ps3 and HD-DVD player hooked up to it. I like never use my HD-DVD player unless I want to watch a dvd I put the workload on it as opposed to my ps3 ... now with my new network bd-player I'll be putting that in its place so I still dont need anymore HDMI inputs.

Personally I feel you could've done better with the money spent and had more options. (via Ecost) However, it does do all the major audio codecs and has alot of HDMI inputs so if you dont need the other bells and whistles your good to go.

I recently purchased an Onkyo HT-RC180 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I previously had an Onkyo TX-SR605 and the different is night and day. I now have audio coming from my surround back speakers whilst playing Blu-ray's. I love the THX modes and cannot wait to have my Front Heights set up.
Congrats on your purchase.