digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Justice League

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ciarán Hinds, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J.K. Simmons, Billy Crudup, Joe Morton, Amber Heard, Michael McElhatton, Joe Manganiello, Jesse Eisenberg, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Julian Lewis Jones, Marc McClure, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Holt McCallany, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Gemma Refoufi, Kelly Burke, Paulina Boneva, Alexandra Ford, Eleanor Matsuura, Daniel Stisen, Samantha Jo, Sergi Constance, Doutzen Kroes

Release: 2017-11-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of metahumans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and the Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth.

Attachments

• 1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,336
  • jl.jpg
    jl.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 663
Looks great!
And as my friend @kaw mentionned, DC seems to change path with more comedy as it was truly lacking in BvS.

And... is there still some people complaining about Baflleck? Hmmm.??? HMMMM.????

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
this was totally unexpected! I mean this movie will come out in 14 months ...there was a bigger chance for a Power Rangers trailer, but this? WOW!!! trailer was great and I cant wait to see this movie.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
this was totally unexpected! I mean this movie will come out in 14 months ...there was a bigger chance for a Power Rangers trailer, but this? WOW!!! trailer was great and I cant wait to see this movie.

Right? That is how committed Zach Sender is to getting this project right for JL fans - they are still filming in London and he flew all night with the cut scenes and probably edited it on the plane :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: ripclaw
Strangely, this is the first thing I noticed :rofl::rofl::rofl:
IKR? It was the first thing i noticed too. I actually went in looking for glimpses of Supes :p

But i thought this trailer wasnt put together properly. I should watch it again. But i know i'll love the movie. I love the direction this DCEU is going. :thumbs:

Grant Gustin gives his opinion on Ezra Miller’s Justice League Flash

gustin-768x446.png

The sketchy boundaries that separate Marvel’s TV and Movie productions are a constant frustration for fans. Whilst the two properties are clearly linked by the major events that take place within the MCU, only a small number of characters have been given the opportunity to cross the gap between the two environments, with studio politics reluctant to actually allow the two sets of characters inhabit the same space following the onscreen demise of Phil Coulson in ‘Avengers Assemble’. It seems that Easter eggs in the form of TV reports and newspaper articles is perfectly acceptable, but having Tony Stark chatting to Matt Murdock is a big no-no.

the-flash-ezra-miller-grant-gustin-166823.jpg

Well, DC have decided that the best way to avoid this headache altogether is just to have two completely different parallel universes taking place at the same time, and have no link between them. Now, whilst this makes things admittedly simpler, it does seem a little unfair that the TV actors who have worked so hard to flesh out and popularize DC characters and lay the foundations for the new DCCU will never have the chance to actually inhabit it.

With characters like Green Arrow and Supergirl, who aren’t part of the DCCU’s Justice League, it’s less of a problem, but in the case of Barry Allen, fans now suddenly have two versions of the character being thrust upon them simultaneously, and initially they were not happy about this. Due to the large and loyal following that Grant Gustin amassed with his portrayal of the character, it’s hardly surprising that an Internet petition was set up to try and persuade the studio to replace Ezra Miller with him. And this has continued with further efforts to allow his co-star Candice Patton to reprise her tv role for the big screen.

That’s all come to naught though, and fans have had to sit back and face the reality that there’s a new Flash in town. Unfortunately for Miller, fan reaction to his limited cameo in BvS was far from stellar, and it’s not until this weekend’s unveiling of the first ‘Justice League’ trailer at Comic Con that audiences have been given the opportunity to get to know this new version of Barry Allen. Much like Tom Holland’s recent arrival as Peter Parker, this is a completely different version of the character to Gustin’s existing portrayal. Miller plays Allen as a much younger, immature speedster, unsure of himself and his chosen path. He’s as nervous as he is outgoing, and lacks the charm and confidence that Gustin had two seasons and numerous appearances in ‘Arrow’ to develop.

The JL trailer also provided fans with a look at the costume that this new Flash will be wearing, and it’s appropriately different to the TV version. Miller’s suit lacks the figure-hugging smooth lines of the Star Labs version, instead seemingly much more of a homemade, lower cost effort.

fla218b-0150b-176673.jpg

Well, Grant Gustin was at SDCC this weekend, and when cornered by journalists and asked to comment on the Miller version, he had this to say:

“They’re completely different. Yeah, I mean I was kind of expecting this, I heard it was going to be kind of like Injustice….. Yeah, that’s sick…. I’m glad it’s really different though, ours is like a street, vintage feel that I don’t think has been done in any other version of the character.”

He then went on to elaborate how he felt about the two versions existing simultaneously:

“Well at that point it didn’t really feel like I was seeing my character on screen, at all. Because you barely saw him, first of all. He wasn’t really The Flash yet. And even still, Ezra’s just going to do his thing. It’s going to be, probably, pretty different. And I think he’s a great actor. I don’t think it’s ever going to feel like ‘Oh, that’s weird, he’s playing my character!’ He’s going to be playing his character. It’ll be cool.’”

It appears then that Ezra Miller has received the endorsement of his speedster predecessor. Not so much a handing over of the baton, more a nod and a smile, and the two running side by side through the speed-force, maybe towards an eventual meeting. Now wouldn’t that be something?

Via Screengeek

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ash1115
I'm so happy that the two universes are split off from each other.

Let's face it (and be brutally harsh) a very very small amount of the actors in the TV shows have the acting chops for a film blockbuster IMO and the characters for the shows are written for TV not cinema.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Grant Gustin gives his opinion on Ezra Miller’s Justice League Flash

View attachment 254629

The sketchy boundaries that separate Marvel’s TV and Movie productions are a constant frustration for fans. Whilst the two properties are clearly linked by the major events that take place within the MCU, only a small number of characters have been given the opportunity to cross the gap between the two environments, with studio politics reluctant to actually allow the two sets of characters inhabit the same space following the onscreen demise of Phil Coulson in ‘Avengers Assemble’. It seems that Easter eggs in the form of TV reports and newspaper articles is perfectly acceptable, but having Tony Stark chatting to Matt Murdock is a big no-no.

View attachment 254631

Well, DC have decided that the best way to avoid this headache altogether is just to have two completely different parallel universes taking place at the same time, and have no link between them. Now, whilst this makes things admittedly simpler, it does seem a little unfair that the TV actors who have worked so hard to flesh out and popularize DC characters and lay the foundations for the new DCCU will never have the chance to actually inhabit it.

With characters like Green Arrow and Supergirl, who aren’t part of the DCCU’s Justice League, it’s less of a problem, but in the case of Barry Allen, fans now suddenly have two versions of the character being thrust upon them simultaneously, and initially they were not happy about this. Due to the large and loyal following that Grant Gustin amassed with his portrayal of the character, it’s hardly surprising that an Internet petition was set up to try and persuade the studio to replace Ezra Miller with him. And this has continued with further efforts to allow his co-star Candice Patton to reprise her tv role for the big screen.

That’s all come to naught though, and fans have had to sit back and face the reality that there’s a new Flash in town. Unfortunately for Miller, fan reaction to his limited cameo in BvS was far from stellar, and it’s not until this weekend’s unveiling of the first ‘Justice League’ trailer at Comic Con that audiences have been given the opportunity to get to know this new version of Barry Allen. Much like Tom Holland’s recent arrival as Peter Parker, this is a completely different version of the character to Gustin’s existing portrayal. Miller plays Allen as a much younger, immature speedster, unsure of himself and his chosen path. He’s as nervous as he is outgoing, and lacks the charm and confidence that Gustin had two seasons and numerous appearances in ‘Arrow’ to develop.

The JL trailer also provided fans with a look at the costume that this new Flash will be wearing, and it’s appropriately different to the TV version. Miller’s suit lacks the figure-hugging smooth lines of the Star Labs version, instead seemingly much more of a homemade, lower cost effort.

View attachment 254632

Well, Grant Gustin was at SDCC this weekend, and when cornered by journalists and asked to comment on the Miller version, he had this to say:

“They’re completely different. Yeah, I mean I was kind of expecting this, I heard it was going to be kind of like Injustice….. Yeah, that’s sick…. I’m glad it’s really different though, ours is like a street, vintage feel that I don’t think has been done in any other version of the character.”

He then went on to elaborate how he felt about the two versions existing simultaneously:

“Well at that point it didn’t really feel like I was seeing my character on screen, at all. Because you barely saw him, first of all. He wasn’t really The Flash yet. And even still, Ezra’s just going to do his thing. It’s going to be, probably, pretty different. And I think he’s a great actor. I don’t think it’s ever going to feel like ‘Oh, that’s weird, he’s playing my character!’ He’s going to be playing his character. It’ll be cool.’”

It appears then that Ezra Miller has received the endorsement of his speedster predecessor. Not so much a handing over of the baton, more a nod and a smile, and the two running side by side through the speed-force, maybe towards an eventual meeting. Now wouldn’t that be something?

Via Screengeek

As much as I enjoy watching The Flash as a tv show I genuinely don't believe it could've worked to have both the tv and film incarnations of Barry Allen's Flash existing in the same universe and i think it's great that we've gotten so many different takes on this one character throughout the years that can co-exist in the multiverse unlike films of DC past where there have been multiple different actors playing the same character in the same continuity.

If anything in keeping them separate I'd say it creates an opportunity for even more stories to be told similar to the multitude of comics currently being published side by side.

That said I've got nothing but mad respect for Grant as an actor, he's doing a phenomenal job and I'm glad he can continue as TV Barry, but after watching the trailer I'm equally excited to see what Ezra can bring to the character on film and I have every bit of faith and confidence that with Geoff Johns overseeing the DC film universe that Justice League is going to exceed expectations.

Reactions: IRON MAN and Drum18
Loved the SDCC trailer; I watched it 3 times and still can't get enough of it! I was a bit apprehensive for Ezra Miller but after that scene with him and Ben Affleck, I feel much, much better. Grant Gustin was right; Ezra will definitely put his spin on the Barry Allen character.

Aquaman / Jason Mamoa was simply badass! His portrayal of Aquaman is like a force of nature. I remember years ago (decades, possibly) when the Mark Waid, Alex Ross epic of Kingdom Come was released, and in the Kingdom Come ashcan, Alex Ross said that he wanted to play off that Aquaman's real name was Arthur, and he was a King; I'm getting a sense of that idea when I watched this trailer. Arthur Curry is a being of 2 worlds (above and below), yet is helpful to the starving surface dwellers of that village, something that the noble King Arthur from my childhood would be.

Gal Gadot's screen time in the trailer was somewhat minimal, but I guess that she will be front and centre in the movie (heck, she's practically in the centre of the posters).

I count 6 members of the Justice League; I don't see Green Lantern (disappointing), but what would be cool is if we see the Martian Manhunter at some point, making it a magnificent 7 (my reference to a Western of that name is intentional).

I don't remember when the next Batman movie is being released, but chances are it will be after Justice League. I know that the story for that film is tightly under wraps, and I as well as a number of fans believed that it will deal with the Under The Red Hood story line, but apparently that's no longer the case. Pity, as it would've been an incredible movie as I thoroughly enjoyed the animated adaption. However, what if...what if Batman / Bruce "dies" at the end of this Justice League film (cue an appearance of Darkseid and his Omega beams) and it leads directly into The Return of Bruce Wayne story line? Would DC / Warner be that daring though? I seriously doubt it, but again, it would be a pity.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Gal Gadot's screen time in the trailer was somewhat minimal, but I guess that she will be front and centre in the movie (heck, she's practically in the centre of the posters).

I don't remember when the next Batman movie is being released, but chances are it will be after Justice League. I know that the story for that film is tightly under wraps, and I as well as a number of fans believed that it will deal with the Under The Red Hood story line, but apparently that's no longer the case. Pity, as it would've been an incredible movie as I thoroughly enjoyed the animated adaption. However, what if...what if Batman / Bruce "dies" at the end of this Justice League film (cue an appearance of Darkseid and his Omega beams) and it leads directly into The Return of Bruce Wayne story line? Would DC / Warner be that daring though? I seriously doubt it, but again, it would be a pity.

Gadot is prob minimum due to the fact that she has already been introduced and has a film coming out.

Highly doubt The Return of Bruce Wayne storyline will happen anytime soon.
1) It would just be to similar to what they are doing with superman in terms of "killing" of someone to bring them back.
2) I just don't see it working on the big screen anytime soon esp as the First solo Batman film of this DC universe, to out there for some.

I'm hoping it will be set in Arkham as being rumoured ATM.

Well I wasn't expecting footage like this.
I'm not as hyped as most of you, something don't seem right and seems like a very different tone to BVS considering its the same director. Seems a little rushed.

I get he editied and cut the trailer quickly but still something just not right

Will have to wait and see

...I count 6 members of the Justice League; I don't see Green Lantern (disappointing), but what would be cool is if we see the Martian Manhunter at some point, making it a magnificent 7 (my reference to a Western of that name is intentional)...

I would probably audibly squeal in the cinema if Martian Manhunter was to appear. I hope we get him and Green lantern perhaps in the sequel at least, to me the JL feels incomplete without them.

Despite that - and despiter Snyder's ability to lose story and mine video game tropes, I am still ridiculously excited after the trailer. Aquaman in that water shot - I mean, no one can say Snyder isn't potentially the best visual director on the planet.

I would probably audibly squeal in the cinema if Martian Manhunter was to appear. I hope we get him and Green lantern perhaps in the sequel at least, to me the JL feels incomplete without them.

Despite that - and despiter Snyder's ability to lose story and mine video game tropes, I am still ridiculously excited after the trailer. Aquaman in that water shot - I mean, no one can say Snyder isn't potentially the best visual director on the planet.

I said this before and I'll say it again; Snyder is extremely good visually provided the source material is equally brilliant. I'm thinking of 300 and Watchmen here, both of which were excellent graphic novella. There's tons of Justice League material for him to mine.

I also think that it's a question of "when" and not "if" the Martian Manhunter appears. DC / Warner's movie schedule does make mention of "Un-named DC super-hero movie" or something like that. What if (there I go using those words again!) one of those movies is for the Martian Manhunter? Cue a Martian invasion, please!!! That was an incredible Justice League story!

Reactions: moonbucket
Oh please please happen. I watched Supergirl with no spoilers and could not believe it when Martian Manhunter appeared. Total geek moment. And they got such a perfect actor for the role.