KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 3 days ago 3 lentis (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, Raid 1 et Raid 2), my payment has been accepted but I didn't received any mail from Kimchi.
Is it normal ? I know the Raid lentis will be available the 28th but I find it strange.

I ordered 3 days ago 3 lentis (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, Raid 1 et Raid 2), my payment has been accepted but I didn't received any mail from Kimchi.
Is it normal ? I know the Raid lentis will be available the 28th but I find it strange.
If you pay with a credit card, you will get a "Thank you for your order.( kimchidvd.com )" email from KimchiDVD.

If you pay using PayPal, you will only get a "Receipt for Your Payment to Kimchidvd" email from PayPal, but you won't get a separate order confirmation email from KimchiDVD.

You can always login to your account at KimchiDVD and check your order status. It should be "Payment completed" if your payment has been successfully processed :thumbs:

If you pay with a credit card, you will get a "Thank you for your order.( kimchidvd.com )" email from KimchiDVD.

If you pay using PayPal, you will only get a "Receipt for Your Payment to Kimchidvd" email from PayPal, but you won't get a separate order confirmation email from KimchiDVD.

You can always login to your account at KimchiDVD and check your order status. It should be "Payment completed" if your payment has been successfully processed :thumbs:

Ok, thx.

(Didn't know where to post this) Somebody help me... KimchiDVD's text on their website has changed to Korean and I don't know how to change it back to English!!

Anyone had any issues with the cheapest K-Packet shipping option? I've never ordered from them before.
60+ orders from KimchiDVD and I always use K-packet, if possible (maximum weight for a K-packet is 2kg). Never had a problem, packaging is the same as with more expensive shipping options :thumbs:

Note that for single item (Amaray case) orders, you usually have an even cheaper shipping option available, Small Packet.

Both K-packet and Small Packet are registered/signed for/tracked Air Mail services.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: mams
I have a problem with the Evil Dead Digipak .After 3 months The custom office in Germany has lost the packet and I´ve contacted Tony about, but he dosen´t respond?? :(:( What should I do?? And what about my money?:ohno:

I got my order in for Cinderella but when it went to Paypal, my phone crashed.
In my orders it shows (receipt of order) but no payment done. I don't see any
payment options to pay for the order. Any suggestions on what to do now?
Thanks

I got my order in for Cinderella but when it went to Paypal, my phone crashed.
In my orders it shows (receipt of order) but no payment done. I don't see any
payment options to pay for the order. Any suggestions on what to do now?
Thanks
Contact [email protected] including your order details. He will send you a PayPal invoice.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: taher
Please ,could anyone explain me whats going on here?? I sent Tony an e-mail on June 29th about my lost Item (still waiting since April) and he told me right after that....

We will ask to our post office about it.
Please wait...
Tony

On July 9 I sent him another e-mail - no reply

On July 16th I sent him another message, that the custom office told me, that the item has been lost. I asked him if I could have a replacement, because the digipak is still in stock, again - no answer???

And surprise surprise , today after 4 days the item no longer available

PLEASE - does anyone have experiences with such a problem? Thanks

Last edited:
I have a problem with the Evil Dead Digipak. After 3 months The custom office in Germany has lost the packet and I´ve contacted Tony about, but he dosen´t respond?? :(:( What should I do?? And what about my money?:ohno:

I assume that you have some sort of confirmation that the packet was last tracked at the local Zollamt.

If that is the case, then surely your claim is against German Customs and not Kimchi.

I appreciate that the rules and regulations may differ in Germany but in the UK, if the packet is lost or damaged whilst in the care and control of Customs, then it is UK Customs who are liable.

So not sure this is right place but basically.
ive forgot or putting wrong password into kimchidvd website ,so locked out.
i am from U.K so using page translator or english version of site front page.
is there a forgotten password recovery button ,where is it .
i can see the - Login -Reset -Cancel- boxes
i was presuming the -Reset - box was forgotten password recovery ,but doesn't do anything for me .
tried it loads of times and dont get a mail to my email address.
tried mailing kimchidvd@help saying forgot password gave them my email address/name days ago but nothing back yet..

I assume that you have some sort of confirmation that the packet was last tracked at the local Zollamt.

If that is the case, then surely your claim is against German Customs and not Kimchi.

I appreciate that the rules and regulations may differ in Germany but in the UK, if the packet is lost or damaged whilst in the care and control of Customs, then it is UK Customs who are liable.
When your order from a retailer and if a item is lost in the post or damaged while in transit its the retailer who is responsible for replacement or a refund

A customer does not have to make a claim with Customs unless it has been confiscated by customs and after been released from customs its clear that the damage has happened due to customs opening the parcel and them who damage the goods inside and they clearly state they damaged your goods and also have sent you confirmation by letter they received your goods and reasons why it was confiscated and how to get your goods released

If it just normal customs inspection and not an item that was confiscated but released to your local postal service and your item is not delivered its the retailer you deal with

If item received damage and was not caused by customs handling its the retailer who is responsible

Your sale of contact is with the retailer/persons who your ordered from and who took payment from you

No retailer or private seller can deny your rights under the sales of goods act and distance selling rules
Any item you order and pay for if its not delivered its the responsibility of the seller to provide a replacement or a refund
A retailer/seller cannot refuse to provide you with a refund or replacement and blame a postal service for non delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: ty233 and lgans316

Yes I have the confirmation since April and a couple of days ago, the Custon Office told me it´s now considered as lost. and the only thing I could do now or in this case Tony, is to contact his post office in Korea. If he had insured the packet, he will obtain the full refund
So I told this Tony but until now he has not contacted me and I don´t get it

Yes I have the confirmation since April and a couple of days ago, the Custon Office told me it´s now considered as lost. and the only thing I could do now or in this case Tony, is to contact his post office in Korea. If he had insured the packet, he will obtain the full refund
So I told this Tony but until now he has not contacted me and I don´t get it

I'm sorry to read that your item has been lost and that German Customs is denying liability, even though the loss occurred whilst in their control.

All you can do is scan the correspondence received from German Customs and e-mail it to Kimchi, asking that they start a claim with the local postal authority. Unfortunately, there's little you can do to legally enforce the matter since they're not a European based company, especially given the relatively low value of the item.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Manqu
When your order from a retailer and if a item is lost in the post or damaged while in transit its the retailer who is responsible for replacement or a refund

A customer does not have to make a claim with Customs unless it has been confiscated by customs and after been released from customs its clear that the damage has happened due to customs opening the parcel and them who damage the goods inside and they clearly state they damaged your goods and also have sent you confirmation by letter they received your goods and reasons why it was confiscated and how to get your goods released

If it just normal customs inspection and not an item that was confiscated but released to your local postal service and your item is not delivered its the retailer you deal with

If item received damage and was not caused by customs handling its the retailer who is responsible

Your sale of contact is with the retailer/persons who your ordered from and who took payment from you

No retailer or private seller can deny your rights under the sales of goods act and distance selling rules
Any item you order and pay for if its not delivered its the reasonability of the seller to provide a replacement or a refund
A retailer/seller cannot refuse to provide you with a refund or replacement and blame a postal service for non delivery

No, the item has not been confiscated by the customs office merely as lost, so they told me (with a letter)
And thats the case, I´ve informed the retailer (Tony) but nothing. Since April.
I know that probably it takes time to received an answer from the customs but he could at least let me know about.
It´s nothing personal but what kind of a behavior is that? This is the first time I have such an issue with an retailer, In addition , I have now to deal with Zavvi about a refund. Man, what a waste of time.....
I really hope I get leastwise my money back from Kimchi. :(:(

Do you know what can I do in this case???

Last edited: