KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a reply back with an apology and he says my replacement will be shipped out tomorrow. We'll see what happens. I guess its better than nothing but after two years I still dont feel like thats enough. Especially since I sourced the steel from elsewhere since then. Sigh.

Hey guys i need some help
I pass an order in 12/2015 and i never receive.
I sent many mails to tony to ask me to wait....his last mail is 23/03/2016 since no news, i sent it 15 mails without answer..
The delay of 180 days on paypal are pass...
So i lost my money and i never receive the parcel....
somebody have an idea to get back my money?
thanks for your help

Hey guys i need some help
I pass an order in 12/2015 and i never receive.
I sent many mails to tony to ask me to wait....his last mail is 23/03/2016 since no news, i sent it 15 mails without answer..
The delay of 180 days on paypal are pass...
So i lost my money and i never receive the parcel....
somebody have an idea to get back my money?
thanks for your help

Your best bet was to open a paypal dispute. I had to do that with a package that never showed up, tracking stopped working with the package, Tony was not helping me. I'm sorry, I have no idea on what other options you have. Did you contact your postal service with the tracking number?

Your best bet was to open a paypal dispute. I had to do that with a package that never showed up, tracking stopped working with the package, Tony was not helping me. I'm sorry, I have no idea on what other options you have. Did you contact your postal service with the tracking number?

Thanks for your help, but i dont open a dispute on paypal because the delay of 180 days for open a dispute on paypal are past...
Tony contact me today and ask me to wait again...
I already contact my postal and for him the parcel with tracking number dont exist...
So I ask to Tony to refund my order...
So now i wait...And kimchidvd are dead for me !

Thanks for your help, but i dont open a dispute on paypal because the delay of 180 days for open a dispute on paypal are past...
Tony contact me today and ask me to wait again...
I already contact my postal and for him the parcel with tracking number dont exist...
So I ask to Tony to refund my order...
So now i wait...And kimchidvd are dead for me !

Yea unless Kimchidvd refunds your money, I doubt you will get it back. It sounds like it's been several months since the item was shipped. Meaning the tracking number is defunct. You might as well forget about getting a refund. Tony will just keep asking you to wait and be patient. But at this point, the package has disappeared. Sorry, I hope it wasn't a lot of money.

I just want to vent a little bit. Dealing with Tony and Kimchidvd customer service is feast or famine - when I contact him with an issue, he either replies back very quickly and is very helpful, or he just ignores my email or does not do anything to help me out. I understand that he is very busy and I give him several days to reply, but on one issue where I received damaged goods, he ignored multiple emails and never replied. Not even a "sorry, we don't have any replacement slips, you can return it for a refund." Just no reply, which is very frustrating.

This lack of communication has led to me open several Paypal claims against Kimchidvd for items not received. I was reluctant to do so, but it was obvious Tony wouldn't help me. Even then, in the claim, Tony didn't seem to be interested in solving the issue. Now I'm worried because I'm afraid Kimchidvd will blacklist my account. I ordered several copies of CA2: The Winter Soldier and these still haven't shipped yet. I'm trying to work it out with Tony, but I have a feeling that they are holding my copies hostage. If anyone has had this issue in the past, I'm open to suggestions. But like I said, I just wanted to vent and I'll keep trying to work with Tony on this issue. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I just want to vent a little bit. Dealing with Tony and Kimchidvd customer service is feast or famine - when I contact him with an issue, he either replies back very quickly and is very helpful, or he just ignores my email or does not do anything to help me out. I understand that he is very busy and I give him several days to reply, but on one issue where I received damaged goods, he ignored multiple emails and never replied. Not even a "sorry, we don't have any replacement slips, you can return it for a refund." Just no reply, which is very frustrating.

This lack of communication has led to me open several Paypal claims against Kimchidvd for items not received. I was reluctant to do so, but it was obvious Tony wouldn't help me. Even then, in the claim, Tony didn't seem to be interested in solving the issue. Now I'm worried because I'm afraid Kimchidvd will blacklist my account. I ordered several copies of CA2: The Winter Soldier and these still haven't shipped yet. I'm trying to work it out with Tony, but I have a feeling that they are holding my copies hostage. If anyone has has this issue in the past, I'm open to suggestions. But like I said, I just wanted to vent and I'll keep trying to work with Tony on this issue. Thanks for reading.

I'm in a similar position. I ordered whiplash and it was received damaged. He responded saying I can send back so I respinded saying do you have any spares or could you offer a partial refund. Well two months later and 5 emails I am still chasing a response.

• Thanks
Reactions: larson1977 and JCC
I'm in a similar position. I ordered whiplash and it was received damaged. He responded saying I can send back so I respinded saying do you have any spares or could you offer a partial refund. Well two months later and 5 emails I am still chasing a response.

All of last year, I didn't receive any damaged items from Kimchidvd. In 2016, I've received 5 different copies with damage. Their packaging is great, so it must have been damaged before shipping. I think this is a horrible practice and I never expected Kimchidvd to do this. It's quite disappointing. I am starting to wonder if Kimchidvd needs to start paying more attention to both QA and customer service. Considering how many products they put out per year, they may need to increase some of their spending in these areas!

Does anyone know how to either retrieve or reset a forgotten password? 57 pages and I've come across this issue about a dozen times but apparently no one's been able to figure this one out. Anyone?

Does anyone know how to either retrieve or reset a forgotten password? 57 pages and I've come across this issue about a dozen times but apparently no one's been able to figure this one out. Anyone?
I really don't know if this suggestion will work, but you could try creating a new account and see if your details appear. If they do, then there may be an option to add a new password. If all else fails send an email to [email protected]. Hope you find a solution :).

I've decided not to bother with it since I just received my most recent order,
so the tracking number's obsolete, but still;
kinda sloppy to not have a 'forgot your password' option on your website.

Going trough another claim in a short time with kimchidvd. Not too long ago received one click It Follows all 3 damaged. For a while Tony replied, but once I had returned my damaged items, the communications just stopped from their part. No emails and paypal mails were answered anymore. Waited many weeks. Had to ask Paypal to deal with it and I got my money back.

So now it's the same again. Received both Spotlight lenticulars damaged, couldn't believe it. Contacted Tony and kimchidvd with email and nothing. When I made the claim, Tony bothered to contact. Offered me empty Type A fullslip for compensation and "please remove the claim". Yeah right, what a joke. Continued mailing with Tony for some days and once again nothing. No replies. Going to ask Paypal to step in once again to deal with this. Frustrating.

I've got Hateful Eight ordered, but I'm quite sure it won't ever arrive after all this. I'm going stop ordering from Kimchidvd ever again.

My Hateful Eight steelbook was sent on September 29 but the shipment tracking doesn't work, it also happens to you? Is this normal?
Many thanks
That's completely normal. The shipping label has been created, but the parcel hasn't yet been taken to the post office. Tracking will probably be updated today (if it hasn't happened already).