King Kong (2005) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.1) [China]

What do you think of the slipcase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: Feb. 2015
Notes: This is HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.1
Steelbook WWA, come with a booklet, post card and exclusive slipcase.
Black Slipcase embossed w/lenti card (not glued)
Limited 500 copies.

Group Buy: CLICK HERE (SOLD OUT)
45USD per copy (also includes shipping costs to HUB)
Limited to 1x copy per member (150x available for HDN members)

full

full

full

GB Opens: 10th March (150x available for HDN members)
New York (U.S.A. Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 10:00
London (United Kingdom) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 14:00
Canberra (Australia ) Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 01:00
Paris (France) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 15:00
Calgary (Canada) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 08:00
São Paulo (Brazil) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 11:00
Taipei (Taiwan) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 22:00

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like the party pooper, or the sane person locked in an asylum, but I have to say something so I'll roughly quote what I said in the HtTyD thread : is there really no one else upset about the lenticular card?

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the whole package becomes the source of a likely annoyance once the shrinkwrap is off, because the lenticular falls off, so where do you stick it? Do you glue it? That'd ruin the slipcase. And you can't fit it inside, and even if you could that would be a waste of a good lenti.

First of, the HDZeta official picture is misleading, the lenticular very much looks part of the slipcase:

So at least it's nice that some actual pictures were posted before the GB opened.

But once again, like How to Train your Dragon, I'm just amazed that HDZeta gets away with this with everyone applauding them. Probably no one here is planning to actually open their steelbook, otherwise I'd like to hear your plan regarding that lenticular card once the shrinkwrap is off (maybe the whole thing will fit in one of those transparent slipcases that some use; I'm not a fan, it does protect the steelbooks but it also makes their colors look dull, imo).

I am so glad that Gladiator isn't plagued with that problem (and hopefully Saving Private Ryan won't be, either).

I initially planned to try and get in the GB, but then I came to my senses, realized I didn't want to pay €60-€65 (all costs included) when I could get that exact same steelbook (minus the slipcover and that goddamn lenticular on a separate piece cardboard) for €20 on amazon.de (some even got it for €14 in the first hours of pre-order, lucky them!). So I bought that steelbook a week ago to prevent the temptation: my wallet just wouldn't get it if I spent an extra €40 for a weirdly assembled slipcase.

I feel like the party pooper, or the sane person locked in an asylum, but I have to say something so I'll roughly quote what I said in the HtTyD thread : is there really no one else upset about the lenticular card?

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the whole package becomes the source of a likely annoyance once the shrinkwrap is off, because the lenticular falls off, so where do you stick it? Do you glue it? That'd ruin the slipcase. And you can't fit it inside, and even if you could that would be a waste of a good lenti.

First of, the HDZeta official picture is misleading, the lenticular very much looks part of the slipcase:

So at least it's nice that some actual pictures were posted before the GB opened.

But once again, like How to Train your Dragon, I'm just amazed that HDZeta gets away with this with everyone applauding them. Probably no one here is planning to actually open their steelbook, otherwise I'd like to hear your plan regarding that lenticular card once the shrinkwrap is off (maybe the whole thing will fit in one of those transparent slipcases that some use; I'm not a fan, it does protect the steelbooks but it also makes their colors look dull, imo).

I am so glad that Gladiator isn't plagued with that problem (and hopefully Saving Private Ryan won't be, either).

I initially planned to try and get in the GB, but then I came to my senses, realized I didn't want to pay €60-€65 (all costs included) when I could get that exact same steelbook (minus the slipcover and that goddamn lenticular on a separate piece cardboard) for €20 on amazon.de (some even got it for €14 when on the first day of pre-order, lucky them!). So I bought that steelbook a week ago to prevent the temptation: my wallet just wouldn't get it if I spent an extra €40 for a weirdly assembled slipcase.
I love that Black Slip, so I'm glad they did it this way. Instead of 2 different slipcovers. Best of both worlds. If you want it glued on there, I would just glue it on myself.

Just here to ask the stupid questions: Does this take into account Day Light Savings Time so it say's 10:00 A.M. Eastern just wanna make sure that is correct. Cause I sleep in so waking up at 9:00 Central Time I would like to be certain.

I hope the Jurassic Park collection is all black with lenti covers, too. HDzeta's putting together one nice series of SteelBooks/slipcovers! :D

I'll try for the black slip version since I don't see the point of a piece of cardboard that's not attached to the steelbook. I always preferred the simple black design anyway. This gb just became easier - everybody is going for the lenti , which means the black slip will not go that quickly.