Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #13) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: July 13, 2015
Price: 699 CZK (26.40 €)
Purchase link: FilmArena

GB Closed:
carllenc

Numbered

KingsmanThe Secret Service.jpg KingsmanThe Secret Service_.jpg

Kingsman_BS_FA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if this information was known, but filmarena website, announce a gift set with amaray. They could have done a few units including Steelbook.

:(

Thread can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I haven't received this yet, but got to say I wonder which will be better out of this and KimchiDVD's offering

I know I haven't received this yet, but got to say I wonder which will be better out of this and KimchiDVD's offering
These days as far as I'm concerned... Kimchi who? :p

At best with a KimchiDVD release, you choose either a full slip or lenticular, sometimes you'll get a booklet, sometimes you won't, other than that you get a few art cards & a numbering card.
Quality control on some of KimchiDVD's releases (e.g. lenticular alignment) has been pretty bad, not to mention the recent Iron Man fiasco where it took months for people in the UK to receive their copies due to customs issues.

With FilmArena, you get full slip and lenticular without having to purchase two separate copies, they've also started coming with booklets plus have art cards, numbering cards & numbering stickers. Plus they seem to be trying to add even more goodies with newer releases (e.g. see John Wick Angel/Devil edition extras). I've also yet to see an issue with their quality control.

Finally it works out cheaper to buy from FilmArena (at least if you're in the EU) due to shipping costs + guarantee of no customs fees.

FilmArena are by far the better company these days (at least for EU buyers) IMO.

Last edited:
These days as far as I'm concerned... Kimchi who? :p

At best with a KimchiDVD release, you choose either a full slip or lenticular, sometimes you'll get a booklet, sometimes you won't, other than that you get a few art cards & a numbering card.
Quality control on some of KimchiDVD's releases (lenticular alignment) has been pretty bad, not to mention the recent Iron Man fiasco where it took months for people in the UK to receive their copies due to customs issues.

With FilmArena, you get full slip and lenticular without having to purchase two separate copies, they've also started coming with booklets plus have art cards, numbering cards & numbering stickers.
Also, it works out cheaper to buy from FilmArena (cheaper shipping + no customs fees assuming you're in the EU). I've yet to see an issue with their quality control too.

FilmArena are by far the better company these days (at least for EU buyers) IMO.
Personally, I've never had an issue with kimchi (have 7 releases from them and yet to receive a FA, but have 3 on GB). Every release I've received has been perfect and the lentis are out of this world, and I've known what I was getting before splashing the cash. Basically (I think you know what I was getting at anyway) I'm just interested in what the like for like differences will be.

and yet to receive a FA, but have 3 on GB
Ahhh, now it makes sense. Prepare to be blown away when you do :p FilmArena's lenticulars so far have been very good quality, and the full slip boxes are excellent.
The slip boxes even have spot gloss/gloss, effects:

Here's the lenticular effect the FilmArena version of Kingsman comes with by the way:
https://instagram.com/p/4Pr8lxTHWD/

I've got 6 or 7 KimchiDVD releases if I recall correctly and 4 Film Arena releases so far. IMO each Film Arena release has exceeded the quality of KimchiDVD's.

Basically (I think you know what I was getting at anyway) I'm just interested in what the like for like differences will be.
Different design for full slip and lenticular, it may or may not come with art cards (not confirmed), KimchiDVD's facebook states no booklet included for both full and lenticular versions. Steelbook is the same design. That's about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
I have to agree, Filmarena steelbooks are top quality and no custom fees :thumbs: I don't have a problem with Kimchi, but I get stung by customs every bloody time I order from kimchi, add this fee onto the cost of the steelbook and you can almost get it for this price on ebay.

Reactions: harry
Have to stick with this over Kimchi since I get more bang for my buck here, plus it's about $10 cheaper (maybe more with combined shipping). Customs isn't an issue, being in the US.

I have to laugh, though. A year ago, everybody was talking about Kimchi and Blufans the way they talk about FA now. FA looks to be an impressive new kid on the block, but I've yet to be convinced they're the second coming. My tune might change once I finally get one in hand but for now it's been very easy to pick and choose between their releases. I'm excited to see one in person, and competition is good for business especially if prices can start to drop elsewhere.

Have to stick with this over Kimchi since I get more bang for my buck here, plus it's about $10 cheaper (maybe more with combined shipping). Customs isn't an issue, being in the US.

I have to laugh, though. A year ago, everybody was talking about Kimchi and Blufans the way they talk about FA now. FA looks to be an impressive new kid on the block, but I've yet to be convinced they're the second coming. My tune might change once I finally get one in hand but for now it's been very easy to pick and choose between their releases. I'm excited to see one in person, and competition is good for business especially if prices can start to drop elsewhere.

The new kind on the block has been growing up fast and has good parents, FA has done an incredible job since day 1 of the launch of the film arena Collection 2015, it is all about producing quality products/Packages and they have been on top of things. I just love that they take care and time in putting their packages together and inspect every single items and steels so the package is Flawless. AASB, TMR, DU and EQ were the first ones with a WEA FullSlip which started it all, people who jumped on board early understand why they are still around and thriving with each release so strongly. They have put up first 4 exquisite Package, the Slip of Dracula Untold is just insane and TMR also was a beautiful and very different FullSlip from any TMR out there, not to mention AASB, this allowed them to start strong, to create their demand early on and it has worked, I have ben crazy for them since those releases and consider myself very lucky to have been part of it all from day one...They are very smart in the choice of Bonus items and WEA FullSlip design, very smart team at FA who puts together those items...

Reactions: karmasux96

FA have been on quite a run of late. There is no denying some of their releases have been really good. Personally, I have passed on most of their releases for various reasons. In terms of comparing Kimchi to FA, IMO, there is no comparison. Kimchi is a far superior retailer with much more nuanced releases. Glad to see Kimchi regain some of their lost mojo back

The new kind on the block has been growing up fast and has good parents, FA has done an incredible job since day 1 of the launch of the film arena Collection 2015, it is all about producing quality products/Packages and they have been on top of things. I just love that they take care and time in putting their packages together and inspect every single items and steels so the package is Flawless. AASB, TMR, DU and EQ were the first ones with a WEA FullSlip which started it all, people who jumped on board early understand why they are still around and thriving with each release so strongly. They have put up first 4 exquisite Package, the Slip of Dracula Untold is just insane and TMR also was a beautiful and very different FullSlip from any TMR out there, not to mention AASB, this allowed them to start strong, to create their demand early on and it has worked, I have ben crazy for them since those releases and consider myself very lucky to have been part of it all from day one...They are very smart in the choice of Bonus items and WEA FullSlip design, very smart team at FA who puts together those items...

Good observation, @Actarus about the early demand. There's no denying any of that, but don't forget other retailers have started strong only to hit QC issues later down the line. I will say I am very impressed with the volume FA has put out this year while maintaining such quality. I just think they should slow down a bit, and maybe pick better movies to release (personal opinion, of course) :wacky:. DU, TMR, and AASB look very nice but I just do not care about them as movies haha.

I'm very excited to have this and Whiplash in hand. Stand by for bandwaggoning... :cool:

Good observation, @Actarus about the early demand. There's no denying any of that, but don't forget other retailers have started strong only to hit QC issues later down the line. I will say I am very impressed with the volume FA has put out this year while maintaining such quality. I just think they should slow down a bit, and maybe pick better movies to release (personal opinion, of course) :wacky:. DU, TMR, and AASB look very nice but I just do not care about them as movies haha.

I'm very excited to have this and Whiplash in hand. Stand by for bandwaggoning... :cool:

I agree in terms of choosing movies, I am not too keen on older releases, I like when they do new releases, it excites me more... but Yes they have put so many out and are so consistent ! I actually hope the opposite, I want more right now just Chappie isn't enough :rofl: ... Birdman and Sabotage are not my cup of tea, so I will wait for the releases after that. Although for those who loved the movie, the Packages will be as Usual Amazing quality and really nice bonus items...They will put out quality packages worthy of film arena Collection :)

But yes they caught a bunch of us early on and we have been screaming for more ever since...it happened that we loved all those 4 releases so they won us and we have been preaching them ever since...They seem to keep going stronger and stronger and yes Whiplash will be insane, have you seen the beautyshot gesss wizzzz I love when they use beautiful WWA Steel and turn them into a magical little package, it is simply stunning...