Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You better start pilling money for Holiday season 2017... tons of steels to get your hands on ;)
I know!!! :OMG: :ohno: I'll definitely be getting a 2nd job by then! :greedy::greedy::greedy: :banghead: :mad:
Ohhhhh yeah. Kong and Pacific Rim plus Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor 3, Black Panther, Wolverine 3 and Justice League, too! 2017's gonna suck for the wallet! :greedy::banghead:
And I thought this year was the worst for our wallets! :( 2017 will just fu**ing murder it! :dead:

J.K. Simmons Joins Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island

kong-jk-simmons.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/392437-j-k-simmons-joins-legendarys-kong-skull-island

On Friday, we learned that Legendary Pictures had shifted the release date for their upcoming film Kong: Skull Island from November of 2016 to spring 2017, and now Deadline brings word that actor J.K. Simmons has signed on to appear in the film. A fan-favorite to genre fans for his role as J. Jonah Jameson in the “Spider-Man” films, Simmons can currently be seen in the filmWhiplash and will appear in Terminator Genisys next summer.

Simmons joins a cast that thus far only includes another comic book movies veteran, Tom Hiddleston. Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (The Kings of Summer) and written by John Gatins (Flight) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla), Kong: Skull Island will fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline.

Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce and Alex Garcia will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures on March 10, 2017.
popcorn2.gif

Nice pick with Jaimie Alexander, @bloodsnake007! How the hell did you narrow it down to only one actress? I'm trying to do that, but I'm failing miserably. :p

If they go with an (North) American actress, I've gone with my favourite actress in film, Jessica Chastain, and my favourite on television, Stana Katic.

Jessica.jpg Stana.jpg

If the producers want an English actress to match up with the awesome Tom Hiddleston, though, I'd go with one of these four:

Karen.jpg Rosamund.jpg Kate.jpg Gugu.jpg

Six is not too bad, right? :hilarious:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Nice pick with Jaimie Alexander, @bloodsnake007! How the hell did you narrow it down to only one actress? I'm trying to do that, but I'm failing miserably. :p

If they go with an (North) American actress, I've gone with my favourite actress in film, Jessica Chastain, and my favourite on television, Stana Katic.

View attachment 124087 View attachment 124088

If the producers want an English actress to match up with the awesome Tom Hiddleston, though, I'd go with one of these four:

View attachment 124084 View attachment 124085 View attachment 124086 View attachment 124089

Six is not too bad, right? :hilarious:
Hey @digitalbabe someone posted a pic of your Kate and you didn't post... what's going on? :p

@bloodsnake007, how awesome would this be?!

Courtesy ComingSoon.net:
Kong-Keaton.jpg

Following his critically acclaimed performance in Alejandro González Iñárritu Birdman, Michael Keaton appears to be planning a trip to a mysterious island off the coast of Sumatra. Deadlinebrings word that Keaton is in talks to join the cast of Legendary Picutres’ Kong: Skull Island, set to be directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (The Kings of Summer) and written by John Gatins (Flight) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla). Keaton would join the already announced Tom Hiddleston (Marvel’s The Avengers, Only Lovers Left Alive) and J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Whiplash).

Set for release on March 10, 2017,Kong: Skull Island aims to fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline.

Keaton, who also starred last year in RoboCop and Need for Speed, will next headline Thomas McCarthy’s Spotlight and lend his voice to the DreamWorks Animation spinoff feature Minions.

Thomas Tull (Godzilla, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, Warcraft) will produce and Alex Garcia (Godzilla) will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.

@tridon Hey Ken, did you read this?

J.K. Simmons Reveals a Surprise Setting for Kong: Skull Island

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...eals-a-surprise-setting-for-kong-skull-island

Following his nomination this morning Best Supporting Actor in Whiplash, J.K. Simmons spoke briefly with MTV, revealing a major surprise concerning his role in the upcoming Kong: Skull Island. He says that the film will take place in Detroit in 1971! (That is, of course, in addition to its setting on an fiction island off the coast of Sumatra). What’s more, the production is planning to take place in Detroit.

“When it first came to my attention, ‘There’s interest in you for a new ‘King Kong,’ I thought, ‘Okay… Why?’” Simmons explains, “But then I met with Jordan Vogt-Roberts, who’s going to be directing it and John Gatins, who’s writing and Tom [Hiddleston]. Jordan was just so passionate and so smart. It’s such an intersting, new take on it. It’s set in Detroit in 1971, which is where I grew up. We’re going to shoot it in Detroit during baseball season, so I’ll be able to go to Tigers games! There’s a lot to like about this movie!”

KONG will take place in the 70's? Not what I was expecting :dunno: I was hoping to see it in modern times (Pacific Rim/Godzilla) We'll just have to wait for official details.

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Yeah, I read that before bed last night. Not what I was hoping for either. Hopefully Simmons was mistaken. Legendary keeps saying that this will take place within a well-known universe, so perhaps this Kong standalone during the '70s will serve as a prequel to an eventual modern day Kong vs. Godzilla flick? I was hoping for a modern day movie now, though. We've already had two Kongs in the '30s and one in the '70s. Now this one will take place in the '70s? I'll have to see how it all works out. I trust Legendary. :)

@bloodsnake007

It looks like Legendary and director Jordan Vogt-Roberts are going to have to begin searching for a couple of terrific actors for lead roles in Kong: Skull Island fairly pronto, as they've lost both Michael Keaton and J.K. Simmons. According to Deadline, the "principal reason" behind their departure is scheduling conflicts, as the project recently pushed back its production start by a few weeks from the fall to before the end of the year. Thor's Tom Hiddleston remains on in the lead role.

Ah man....
robryansad.gif

Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly and Tom Wilkinson in talks for Kong: Skull Island.

kong-actors-header.jpg

Comingsoon reports (emphasis mine):

With Legendary Pictures and Universal Studios still rounding out the cast for Kong: Skull Island, following the departure of J.K. Simmons and Michael Keaton, Deadline reports they’ve zeroed in on their potential replacements. Nick Fury himself, Samuel L. Jackson, is said to be in early talks for the role that Simmons previously vacated with John C. Reilly (“Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule,” Chicago) at the top of the wishlist for Keaton’s replacement. In addition, the outlet notes that Tom Wilkinson (Batman Begins, “John Adams”) has also been offered a lead role in the film.

The cast for the film currently includes the god of mischief himself, Tom Hiddleston, along with Short Term 12 star Brie Larson and Straight Outta Compton‘s Corey Hawkins. A previous report indicated that Russel Crowe was in talks for the film as well, though this now appears to no longer be the case.

Set for release on March 10, 2017, Kong: Skull Island aims to fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline.

Previously, Simmons revealed a surprise setting for the film, saying it would take place in Detroit in 1971; however, given the title of the movie, it’s a safe bet that the jungles of King Kong’s homeland will be the primary setting.

The Kings of Summer‘s Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct the film from a script by John Gatins and Max Borenstein. Thomas Tull (Godzilla, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, Warcraft) will produce and Alex Garcia (Godzilla) will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.

'Jurassic World' Writer Heads to 'Kong: Skull Island' (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-writer-heads-kong-816144
Derek Connolly is doing a little island hopping. Monster Island, that is.

Connolly, who is director Colin Trevorrow’s frequent writing partner, was a co-screenwriter on this summer’s Jurassic World, helping reboot the dinosaurs-run-amok-on-an-island franchise. Now the scribe has been brought on to work on Kong: Skull Island, Legendary and Universal’s monster movie that is steeped in the lore of King Kong.

The scribe is doing some late minute work as the movie is deep in the casting stages and heading for a late October start in Hawaii. (The pic will also shoot in Iceland and Vietnam.) Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson and Corey Hawkins are starring in the project, which is being directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts and sees a team of explorers venture into the mysterious, creature-laden isle that is also the home of the king of the apes.

Max Borenstein (Godzilla), John Gatins (Flight) and Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler) are among those that previously worked on the script.
Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing with Mary Parent.

The movie is scheduled for a March 10, 2017 release.
popcorn2.gif