Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the girl at the front taking herself oh so seriously

Brie Larson

Have no idea who the guy with the beard is on the right (looks like jack from lost) or the mark ruffalo lookalike with the tash on the left but it also seems to be missing Tony kebbell, Samuel l Jackson, John goodman and Tom wilkinson.
Didn't realise the guy who plays dre from straight outta Compton was in this or the guy from me and earl and the dying girl either.
It's a decent cast

Last edited:
Reactions: George Pearce

I hope this turns out really good and I hope it's quite gritty too

Just watched that video. I do like the cast, so I'm hoping for the best! I can't help to be skeptical, though. It'll be VERY hard for this film to be anywhere near as good as Peter Jackson's 2005 film.

Personally I'm hoping its going to be better
I did enjoy the Jackson one but some parts got extremely boring (the first hour lol) and there was a few moments I sighed at, like Jamie bell shooting all the bugs off brody whilst not looking and managed to not hurt a single human.
The dinosaur fight is the best thing IMO about the Jackson film (except when it gets tangled in the vines)
There were also a few moments when watts is in Kongs hand whilst he's monkeying around and it looked incredibly fake plus she would of been dead lol.
But it's fun in parts

Just watched that video. I do like the cast, so I'm hoping for the best! I can't help to be skeptical, though. It'll be VERY hard for this film to be anywhere near as good as Peter Jackson's 2005 film.
Nothing can top or better Peter Jackson's take on the original King Kong story! :drool: That will always be BEST! :notworthy:

But I will see this and enjoy it for what it is... an introduction/set up for the upcoming Kong vs Zilla! :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
Nothing can top or better Peter Jackson's take on the original King Kong story! :drool: That will always be BEST! :notworthy:

But I will see this and enjoy it for what it is... an introduction/set up for the upcoming Kong vs Zilla! :thumbs:

Ahh but what if this is better?

Kong vs zilla should be interesting

I keep forgetting what a great cast this has... but obviously the cast isn't always what makes a movie great. Jackson's version wasn't perfect IMO, but it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to finally seeing a different take on Kong!

Exactly what I think too. This has a great cast and I hope it's good and the Jackson version isn't the greatest but it's fun at times.

Reactions: Noodles
@Flloydo Hell Yeah I love Jackson's version! :cool: :drool: :thumbs: I even own an 8ft. Statue of the KING himself! :notworthy:

View attachment 232966

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow
I think I've seen that photo before but i completely forgot about it!

Wow man that's f*cking epic!!!!

Love it

Where did you get it from?
And is it as heavy as it looks?

Oh on my last messge the bit at the end in brakets I meant this film could be better than the Jackson vwrsion - you never know it might even be your new favourite.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow
I think I've seen that photo before but i completely forgot about it!

Wow man that's f*cking epic!!!!

Love it

Where did you get it from?
And is it as heavy as it looks?

Oh on my last messge the bit at the end in brakets I meant this film could be better than the Jackson vwrsion - you never know it might even be your new favourite.
Check out My KING KONG COLLECTION :thumbs: >>> https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/my-king-kong-collection.33442/

I'm speechless mate.
I serioulsy can't believe that amazing collection and I'm only up to the 1st post on the second page!
And that's awesome you got that from the UK
I'll carry on through that thread in a bit and comment in the thread too.
(Oh and I see a few things I own like the Uk embossed DVD slip cover, UMD and blu Rays etc)
Very impressed

Reactions: tridon