La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mantas updates are great, full of info, every other retailer could learn a thing or two from them. Looking forward to seeing what they've done with La La Land.

Same, also really looking forward to the arts used.

They told me about a month ago this one has caused them a huge headache with back and forth submissions for art and constant declines so I'm hoping the final outcome is worth it. I'm sure it will be but it sounds like they have only been given so much to work with by the studio

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Home BLOG September Updates

SEPTEMBER UPDATES
September 19, 2017

sept.jpg

<September Updates>
Hello everyone! We planned this monthly update to be posted in the beginning of the month but sometimes there's nothing to share (no updates other than we are tapping on our desks for the approval) or busy with production. We have many releases that planned for the end of 2016 and early 2017 and hope to get supports from our customers. Here's updates for September!

1. [ME#010] Alien Covenant
Production is almost finished and we are starting to receive materials from various factories. We are on plan with the release and from today, we are releasing some of the live shots of the product. Reserve copies will be available with the next pre-order so if you haven't purchased the product, please join the next pre-order.

2. [ME#011] Wonder Woman
Approval is almost finished and we are preparing to release the information. Approval has been about few months but we are happy to tell our customers that it's almost over. Pre-order information will be ready soon.

3. [ME#007] La La Land
Back to the Studio for another approval. We started this project in this year Feb - Apr and we also can't believe it's taking such a long time. We had some minor spec typos and typeface size change with our approval so hope that studio approves it quickly!

4 [ME#009] Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them
Approved and ready to go. We are preparing for the production at the moment and release is planned for November. Pre-order information will be updated soon.

5 [ME#] Dunkirk
It's confirmed we are making WEA version of Dunkirk. We wanted to post the concept artworks but decided to wait until what the main studio is offering as a global release. We will share more information when it's ready.

6. [ME#7] Fight Club
Pending. Due to some unknown problems, we are waiting for the response on the steelbook. It's been 3 updates and maybe there's no need to discuss about this release until it's really ready. Sorry guys!

7.[ME#] Next releases
There's been a lot of inquiries for below releases

- Planet of Apes
- Dark Knight

We are considering these releases and we will need to look into the database to make sure we have sufficient artworks and ideas to make this release. We will post more information soon.

8. Hidden releases
We have releases that are under development We'd rather not release any information until it's more concrete because like last time, we had to cancel a release and we prefer not cancelling any releases in the future.

9. Manta Lab 2nd Anniversary
Our 2nd Anniversary is in December 3rd! I am more than happy that we have almost survived 2 years. (Pat on myself). We are working on some website upgrades and some events to celebrate our 2nd year. We have few prototype products that we made over the year and some original sheets we used for production. We would like to do some events to give out these gifts to our customers. Also, there will be sales on few products that we have in stock. We are planning to move the office next year due to constant flooding problem (it's really nasty) and damaging our materials. We would like to keep our moving packages light. We will upload more information in the future.

Best regards,
Manta Lab
Thanks for the updates mate. Hopefully the wait will be worth it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
They told me about a month ago this one has caused them a huge headache with back and forth submissions for art and constant declines so I'm hoping the final outcome is worth it. I'm sure it will be but it sounds like they have only been given so much to work with by the studio

Are some studios trying to deliberately be a pain in the arse? I mean Manta certainly know how to "behave" in this business, i.e. they wouldn't send in any outlandish concepts with only minimal chance of approval, would they? As long as the art is allowed to be used for home cinema releases (a factor I learned only recently about), why would this be such a tremendous undertaking? Must be quite frustrating for Manta. I'd really like to know more about this whole process. By the way, this reminds me of a statement in one of Manta's earliest updates when John wrote he'd give some insights into this industry. Did this ever happen? Can't recall any post as such, but I might have missed it. Or maybe he didn't post one at all, because of ... reasons. ;)

Are some studios trying to deliberately be a pain in the arse? I mean Manta certainly know how to "behave" in this business, i.e. they wouldn't send in any outlandish concepts with only minimal chance of approval, would they? As long as the art is allowed to be used for home cinema releases (a factor I learned only recently about), why would this be such a tremendous undertaking? Must be quite frustrating for Manta. I'd really like to know more about this whole process. By the way, this reminds me of a statement in one of Manta's earliest updates when John wrote he'd give some insights into this industry. Did this ever happen? Can't recall any post as such, but I might have missed it. Or maybe he didn't post one at all, because of ... reasons. ;)

What baffles and amazes me is they (or any premium retailer or company brining out a special edition) can't always use certain artworks that were used as official poster art to promote the film. They have gone into a bit of detail about it to me. IMAX posters seem to be a issue and they were lucky with Logan (for the box lenti) yet blufans don't have an issue using them for slips and nova too (back in their choice days)
Also actor contracts for some films have a massive impact. I know for this, Wonder Woman and fantastic beasts they had sent quite a few submissions and been denied a lot. It's like the studios know exactly what they want them to use but keep cancelling until they get it right. And some times the studios give them the arts and say choose from these. All depends on how creative the retailer want to get with it too. For instance PA (most the time) like to design their own using their own or known artists which makes sense why it takes them so long to release a steel package because of approvals

@CleverLoginName - forgot to mention about your last part of that post

I think John did one. But I can't remember where it was posted. He mentioned he was going to do one every few months but maybe backtracked as it may not of been the best idea giving out too much info on how certain studios work, who plays easy and who's a nightmare lol. Just a guess

Wonderwoman was very frustrating for them because of the amount of different versions every country is getting with WEA and although most posters are great it only left them with so much after the other 20 versions were confirmed lol

Manta Labs Facebook

[October Announcements] at mantalab.com
Hello everyone, we hope everyone is ready for the weekend and the pre-order for our exclusive Wonder Woman steelbook tonight. We should make announcements in the beginning of the month but we are getting later and later due to many tasks need to be done around the office. Here's our brief summary of what's going on at Manta Lab

1. [ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We are shipping out at the moment and the editions look amazing! We will send out all tracking number by next Wednesday and we hope that all orders arrive safely to our customers' addresses.

2. [ME#6, 7, 9] Fight Club, La La Land, Fantastic Beast
These titles have moved to production now and we are preparing for the pre-order and the release! We understand our customers have been waiting for a very long time for these releases and for Fight Club when we looked at the first email receiving the artworks was back in January so it took about a year to finish this title. We had some ups and downs designing these products but we are happy with the results. We will release more information in November for these titles.

3. [ME#11] Wonder Woman
Tonight is the pre-order! We are very excited for tonight and due to high demand of certain editions, we have amended the numbers and set different limits. *Full Slip -100 units, *Double Lenticular Full Slip extra 100 units and Double lenticular Full Slip will be Limited to 1 per order. We try our best to predict the right combination of numbers for our customers but it's never easy. We are very sorry about changes.

4. [ME#13] War for the Planet of Apes
Finally watched the last movie of the Planet of Apes and it was... AWESOME!! That's why we have decided to release this in an exclusive format. We expect the release to be ready by December. We hope our customers look into our release.

5. [ME#??] DunKirk
We are currently designing for the Dunkirk and not all artworks have been releases by the studio yet. We are expecting a January release and we hope to show more information soon.

Thank you very much and we are getting later with these updates but we want to share as much information with our customers so please understand us being late. If you have any comments or questions, please leave below.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

22552341_1545167945593308_8103632687633521959_n-jpg.340076

If this will include a box set I have a very strong feeling that I will go all in with this one :)

I watched this a couple weeks ago...i mean, am i the only one who thought this movie was a bit overrated?
i understand how people could like it, it has that, "old Hollywood" feel, but for me, but i felt like i was rolling my eyes throughout it, i dunno.... :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan and Huguito
I watched this a couple weeks ago...i mean, am i the only one who thought this movie was a bit overrated?
i understand how people could like it, it has that, "old Hollywood" feel, but for me, but i felt like i was rolling my eyes throughout it, i dunno.... :rolleyes:

It's definitely a love it or hate it situation. I myself generally HATE musicals, but this one just really resonated with me. I loved the acting, the characters, the music, and the nostalgic/romantic feel of it all. It helps when you have leads like Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, too!