La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zoom - Zavvi - HMV)
01-414309.jpg

02-414309.jpg
03-414309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol

I won't be able to watch kick ass without hearing you sing that song now

Nice dent on the top left!

@Noodles
I cracked up as soon as I clicked play and heard the Banana Splits theme tune haha. Love that even their cat was causing mayhem at one point too. :hilarious:

Very nice looking steel anyway, and the postcards are a cool bonus... I'm still going to wait and see what premium editions we get though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I cracked up as soon as I clicked play and heard the Banana Splits theme tune haha. Love that even their cat was causing mayhem at one point too. :hilarious:

Very nice looking steel anyway, and the postcards are a cool bonus... I'm still going to wait and see what premium editions we get though.

I love their videos

He starts to laugh again in that one and it sounds like more people involved.
I swear at one point the other guy is recording his voice and playing that back whilst also going la la crazy

Yeah same still. Is a very nice steel though although the art looks a little hazy to me in the pics.
And I think I prefer the us/Canadian as a whole. Not sure but I do want a premium for this film and possibly this steel, just not sure if the art can get better than those two. Suppose there's always the mid dance scene with their arms out that manta could use

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I love their videos

He starts to laugh again in that one and it sounds like more people involved.
I swear at one point the other guy is recording his voice and playing that back whilst also going la la crazy

Yeah same still. Is a very nice steel though although the art looks a little hazy to me in the pics.
And I think I prefer the us/Canadian as a whole. Not sure but I do want a premium for this film and possibly this steel, just not sure if the art can get better than those two. Suppose there's always the mid dance scene with their arms out that manta could use
Haha same... they always manage to make me laugh, even if I'm in a crappy mood. :p

There's at least three people involved I reckon... the one showing off the item, the one having a crisis in the back, and then whoever's holding the camera. I've noticed the recording in a few of their videos by the way... sounds like they may be playing sound clips from previous videos, or what you suggested.

The US/CA steel is definitely my favourite so far... very clean and smart. There's actually a lot of nice editions for this film out there (numerous slips, digibook, digipack) which I've also been very tempted to pick it up! I really don't want to go over the top with it though.

You mean the image I used on my concept? Just in case you haven't seen it...

#84 La La Land (SC).png

Haha same... they always manage to make me laugh, even if I'm in a crappy mood. :p

There's at least three people involved I reckon... the one showing off the item, the one having a crisis in the back, and then whoever's holding the camera. I've noticed the recording in a few of their videos by the way... sounds like they may be playing sound clips from previous videos, or what you suggested.

The US/CA steel is definitely my favourite so far... very clean and smart. There's actually a lot of nice editions for this film out there (numerous slips, digibook, digipack) which I've also been very tempted to pick it up! I really don't want to go over the top with it though.

You mean the image I used on my concept? Just in case you haven't seen it...

View attachment 311963

Perfect...... Just perfect. Manta..... Take note
Would like to see some embossing or debossing too as the others are flat

This is why I'm not going to get the uk version just yet. If the premium uses blue like the UK and your mock up then I'll want to get the White steel for the double dip. And vice Versa if a premium uses white art

I have seen the reflection of the main guy who talks a few times and I think
Your right. The one in the background sounds like he's walking around behind him because the voice sounds far away sometimes

• Thanks
Reactions: gaeljet and Noodles
Looks nice, :) I also wish it was the same artwork as the standard UK Amaray release, I'll buy it in some form this week. I may pick up a 4k import with the other artwork too as I started to get 4k versions for some movies, not sure if Lionsgate also uses eco cases for 4k.

La La Land 4k.jpg

Got it today - it's decent

Zipperz goes steelie crazy once again, these guys are comedians. :LOL:

Rainbow.gif

Great, funny video @Fun With Steels
You receive bonus points for being a cat owner. ;)
But please, upload the video in better quality next time.
The steelbook looks nice. But just as @Noodles put it, there's plenty of competition ahead. I'll wait until a few more editions are revealed. Thus far, I guess the German mediabook will be my first pick. But I see myself buying more than one copy of this fine movie. The UK steelbook has got very good chances of being one of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Are the artcards exclusive to a specific retailer? I've not been following this thread but based on the finished steelbook I'm tempted to pick it up...

Just got mine from Amazon and it comes with the artcards too so I think all UK editions of the steels have them.

The steel is nice and glossy as are the cards. I love this film and this steel.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Says "dispatched since yesterday, but not really according to my tracking<.. should only arrive on friday :(-(to france,ok, but generally on other amazonit's shipped from france/my country..)