Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray discs

11322120-1064410212496438.jpg

11322120-1604410212666037.jpg

11322120-1214410212552235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4K Uhd Blu-ray Film studios will do lot more re releases over the coming years

VHS to DVD
Sales of Dvd players was large scale and Vhs finished very quickly over 1-2 years after Dvd format was released

DVD to Blu-ray
Lot of customers now own a Blu ray and 3D Blu-ray player and still purchase both Dvd and Blu-ray releases

Blu-ray to 4K Uhd Blu-ray
In my opinion this will have a lot slower take up of customers purchasing a 4K Uhd Blu-ray players compared to Dvd to Blu-ray

Blu-ray picture Quality is with majority of releases vast improvement over Dvd so it will take a good few years before 4k Uhd Blu ray is mainstream

I'm in no hurry to upgrade to 4K Uhd

I know know this 4K thing is the largest
translation but should be concerned at all, I mean we all did VHS, then DVD and have all spent a lot of money on bluray steelbooks (mostly of films we had) and will this now make them worthless? (Not that I got them for value never sell any)
I don't think it will make Blu-ray worthless. 4K UHD is more an extension of the Blu-ray format. There are a lot of films that only look slightly better and you need to have a compatible TV to benefit. I can see Blu-ray and 4K Blu-rays both being released side by side. I think 4K Blu-rays will get more popular as more titles are released but I don't think it will ever dominate the market.

Last edited:
£30.00 o_O
It's not listed as an exclusive so this should show up with other retailers

I will wait it out for a very large price drop
The Digibook pre order that will do for now

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
This is how it should be :thumbs:

Priced fairly too @GBP 30 - could hardly be much less or even the same as the GBP 24.99 cost of many regular 2 disc BD steelbook releases. Maybe GBP 27.99 at a push.

Refreshing to see a steelbook containing the very best content out there as just a bit fed up with all those U.K. steelbooks missing 3D or other content freely available in Amaray editions released at the same time as the steelbooks . . .

What with this being the first U.K. UHD BD steelbook I'm thinking it could be a "Collector's Item" but then again look at the first U.K. steelbook (SWEENEY TODD) . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the blurb:-

" Audio
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of this beloved fantasy classic from visionary filmmaker Jim Henson, now fully remastered in 4K.
2 Disc Blu-ray Steelbook
  • Disc 1 – Blu-ray (BD50)
  • Disc 2 – 4K Ultra HD (BD66, 2160p)
Bonus Features:
  • “Reordering Time: Looking Back at Labyrinth” – Jennifer Connelly and the Henson Family reflect on this classic film, 30 years later – recounting their experiences, the groundbreaking nature of the puppetry and the enduring legacy of the film.
  • “The Henson Legacy” – celebrate Jim Henson’s lasting imprint on the world of filmmaking, puppetry, and above all, imagination as his family discusses his work and takes us behind the scenes at the “Centre of Puppetry Arts”, which features The Jim Henson Collection and over 100 puppets from Labyrinth
  • “Remembering the Goblin King” – Remembering David Bowie with co-star Jennifer Connelly, and Jim Henson’s children Brian Henson and Cheryl Henson
  • Labyrinth Anniversary Q&A – Hosted by Mythbuster’s Adam Savage with participants Brian Henson, David Goelz and Karen Prell and surprise guest Sharl Weiser
  • Theatrical Trailer
Also Includes:
  • The Storytellers: Picture-in-Picture Track
  • Commentary by Conceptual Designer Brian Froud
  • Making-Of Documentary “Inside the Labyrinth”
  • “Journey Through the Labyrinth: Kingdom of Characters & The Quest for Goblin City” featurette "
I'll need to check the previous U.K. releases of LABYRINTH (2009 Amaray and this year's steelbook) to see which are the new bonus features, or even if there are any, for the 30th Anniversary.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't mind this TBC image on the front cover as it's not been used in the U.K. before and it's the most iconic out of all the official posters and miles better than previous artwork used:-
(a white steelbook with that image should look most excellent :thumbs:)
labyrinth_ver2.jpg

totally agreed with @paulboland regards 4K I still think majority of people still watching DVD lol
Star Wars Force Awakens was the First Blu-ray release to overtake Dvd sales of a film release
Blu-ray sales are good but lot do still purchase Dvd especially in USA
Europe had better Blu-ray sales per population ratio

Blu ray sales will continue to rise but 4K Uhd Blu-ray will be lot less and will take a few years for lot of customers to upgrade to 4K Uhd

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom
This is how it should be :thumbs:

Priced fairly too @GBP 30 - could hardly be much less or even the same as the GBP 24.99 cost of many regular 2 disc BD steelbook releases. Maybe GBP 27.99 at a push.

Refreshing to see a steelbook containing the very best content out there as just a bit fed up with all those U.K. steelbooks missing 3D or other content freely available in Amaray editions released at the same time as the steelbooks . . .

What with this being the first U.K. UHD BD steelbook I'm thinking it could be a "Collector's Item" but then again look at the first U.K. steelbook (SWEENEY TODD) . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the blurb:-

" Audio
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of this beloved fantasy classic from visionary filmmaker Jim Henson, now fully remastered in 4K.
2 Disc Blu-ray Steelbook
  • Disc 1 – Blu-ray (BD50)
  • Disc 2 – 4K Ultra HD (BD66, 2160p)
Bonus Features:
  • “Reordering Time: Looking Back at Labyrinth” – Jennifer Connelly and the Henson Family reflect on this classic film, 30 years later – recounting their experiences, the groundbreaking nature of the puppetry and the enduring legacy of the film.
  • “The Henson Legacy” – celebrate Jim Henson’s lasting imprint on the world of filmmaking, puppetry, and above all, imagination as his family discusses his work and takes us behind the scenes at the “Centre of Puppetry Arts”, which features The Jim Henson Collection and over 100 puppets from Labyrinth
  • “Remembering the Goblin King” – Remembering David Bowie with co-star Jennifer Connelly, and Jim Henson’s children Brian Henson and Cheryl Henson
  • Labyrinth Anniversary Q&A – Hosted by Mythbuster’s Adam Savage with participants Brian Henson, David Goelz and Karen Prell and surprise guest Sharl Weiser
  • Theatrical Trailer
Also Includes:
  • The Storytellers: Picture-in-Picture Track
  • Commentary by Conceptual Designer Brian Froud
  • Making-Of Documentary “Inside the Labyrinth”
  • “Journey Through the Labyrinth: Kingdom of Characters & The Quest for Goblin City” featurette "
I'll need to check the previous U.K. releases of LABYRINTH (2009 Amaray and this year's steelbook) to see which are the new bonus features, or even if there are any, for the 30th Anniversary.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't mind this TBC image on the front cover as it's not been used in the U.K. before and it's the most iconic out of all the official posters and miles better than previous artwork used:-
(a white steelbook with that image should look most excellent :thumbs:)
labyrinth_ver2.jpg
It's still too expensive IMO. A standard UHD Blu-ray is £20 and that comes with the 4K disc and the Blu-ray. That is the price for new release titles, as this is a catalogue title it shouldn't command that type of premium. Off course you pay extra for the Steelbook but asking £30 for a 20 year old movie is too much, especially when you consider the Digibook with the Blu-ray Disc can be had for £10.99. You are paying £19 more for the 4K disc which is too much. I still think this should be £25 at the most.

It's still too expensive IMO. A standard UHD Blu-ray is £20 and that comes with the 4K disc and the Blu-ray. That is the price for new release titles, as this is a catalogue title it shouldn't command that type of premium. Off course you pay extra for the Steelbook but asking £30 for a 20 year old movie is too much, especially when you consider the Digibook with the Blu-ray Disc can be had for £10.99. You are paying £19 more for the 4K disc which is too much. I still think this should be £25 at the most.
I think, mon ami, that we'll have to agree to disagree on this (as much as I'd prefer a GBP 27.99 price point instead of GBP 29.99).

This will drop in price eventually a lot
Customers will not pay that price it won't sell most customers don't have a 4K Blu ray player or 4K TV

Retailers will end up with lot of unsold stock and will end up marking it down to clear the stock

Film Studio distributors will eventually have to drop the trade price a lot

It's going to take 3-5 years before lot of customers upgrade to 4K

I think, mon ami, that we'll have to agree to disagree on this (as much as I'd prefer a GBP 27.99 price point instead of GBP 29.99).
No worries, everyone has there own opinion!;) I do think this will be discounted down the line so I will wait for that and hope it doesn't sell out. I don't know what the print run is but as its trade wide I can imagine it will be in stock for a while.:)