Last car purchased?

I have this one for 5 years or more: 1991 Renault Clio 1.9D And its a motherf*ckin war machine! (The black hood is temporary. It's to be painted white like the rest of the car...)
G165SZE.jpg

And I've recently installed a Bi-Xenon Kit on it, and the lights... Just wow!
kiNCjQz.jpg

And here's the back:
68EYtEl.jpg

Reactions: denizen
I'm planning on get a compact SUV early next year. My hatch back (Ford Focus) isn't fitting my in my family anymore.

I'm considering the below ATM:

1 - Land Rover Discovery Sport
2 - WV Tiguain (new model - 2017)
3 - Audi Q5

We will decide in December and pull the trigger in January before paying another year of tax and stamp duties for my current vehicle.

Any feed back from you guys?

Thanks!

Rodrigo

Thoughts.....

This is from personal experience and the advice my Dad would give me as well.... DO NOT buy a car that had heavy milage on it in the first year. Now, its perfectly plausible that a vehicle that had lots of miles on it in the first is perfectly fine but in my experience vehicles with low milage in the first few years often have been better taken care of and are in better shape and worth the extra $$$ being asked as a result. I find vehicles with more milage in just a short few years were often owned and driven hard + less taken care of.... I bought a 03' Audi A4 in 04' with 37,000 Km on it and I had the same reasoning.... the more milage on it brought the price more into line of what I could afford.... but boy I found out the hard way the original owner had driven it hard and yes it had issues. It was in the shop every other month for the 4 years I owned it. Three vehicles I have owned since they were low milage 1 year old vehicles and not a single issue with either of them ever. My Dad over his 40+ years of buying vehicles had the same experiences with high milage newer year vehicles.... issues galore. But buy the same vehicle a few years older but less milage and they were good to go. I think high miles in one or two years is usually indicitive that it was driven hard and less cared for which = possibly a problematic vehicle in the future. They rack up the miles, trade-in and move onto a new one so they dont care a lot of about the vehicle. Again this is just my two cents.... We had a family car that got driven 55,000 km in two years and it was just fine but thats because we owned it the whole time and we knew its history and we also took care of it along the way while racking up the milage. <<< This is often not the case however with lots of people out there that racking up the miles.

I would say the better choice to make is to get a vehicle more in line with your budget and lower milage....

It doesn't necessarily follow, as an awful lot of cars are bought for fleet use - sales reps cars; and they get serviced and cared for like babies, as they cannot afford to have them off the road.

Well I bought my recent car 5 years ago A Turbo Diesel Hyundai Getz and it's going great. A seriously powerful car for it's small size. No trouble buying as car dealers here have strict rules on selling and how they advertise their cars so no danger of A Matalda type car dealer here and it's simply not worth their while trying to cheat customers as the penalties are very severe.....