digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase here

91wUcCM7TnL._AA1500_.jpg

Per description:

Two disc set
Four original featurettes: "Wind, Sand and Star: The Making of a Classic," "Maan, Jordan: The Camels Are Cast," "In Search of Lawrence" and "Romance of Arabia"
Exclusive Documentary: "The Making of Lawrence of Arabia"
A Conversation with Steven Spielberg
Original Newsreel Footage of the New York Premiere
Advertising Campaigns
Talent Files
DVD ROM ELEMENTS INCLUDE: Journey with Lawrence: Map of Arabia & Military Strategy and Archives of Arabia: Historic Photographs
Reproduction of the 1962 Souvenir Booklet

Fair play to Amazon.com,
My order was damaged, I was asked to ship it back to the USA with them offering $15.00 for returning it.
RM quoted me £40.00!
After contacting Amazon again. I was offered it for nothing so I have 2 now!

Fair play to Amazon.com,
My order was damaged, I was asked to ship it back to the USA with them offering $15.00 for returning it.
RM quoted me £40.00!
After contacting Amazon again. I was offered it for nothing so I have 2 now!

It's a beautiful set and has pride of place in my collection, along with the lavish US Collector's Editions of "Ben-Hur" and "The Ten Commandments".

They certainly don't make films like these anymore. No CGI in those days, just genuine sets and literally a cast of thousands!

It's a beautiful set and has pride of place in my collection, along with the lavish US Collector's Editions of "Ben-Hur" and "The Ten Commandments".

They certainly don't make films like these anymore. No CGI in those days, just genuine sets and literally a cast of thousands!

Indeed. And you haven't lived until you've seen it in the cinema replete with intermission and the original surround sound - yes, it did have it in appropriately equipped cinemas; as indeed did a number of the old major films - like Zulu for instance.

Last edited:

Agreed. It's a pleasure to own such a fine example of Lean's work. Nice touch with a comment from Steven Spielberg with the included book as well.