Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc
Limited to 1001 Copies

18673295_1385792454871060_781822518826498469_o-jpg.314768

LIFE.JPG
17434525_1315153928601580_8177530015715829457_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...and it's gone.

Great, don't get paid till Friday and now missed out on this, beyond annoyed now, fuming.

I feel for you bud. Been on this end quite a few times since the system launched. Missed out completely on Logan and a couple of others. Closed a day before I had the funds. Perhaps paying a little deposit to secure your spot with the rest due at a later days would work for me. Not sure if this cqn be done though

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
...and it's gone.

Great, don't get paid till Friday and now missed out on this, beyond annoyed now, fuming.
I ordered a copy of Life

I understand you getting annoyed as I much preferred the older system of requesting a copy and paying just before release date
I do though understand the problems Karel has had with non payments with previous Group Buy's leaving him with lot of unpaid orders causing him financial problems as he has to pay for the items ordered and this new Group Buy system avoids that problem.

I will most likely miss out on Beauty and the Beast and Vaiana (AKA Mona)
I simply don't have the funds available to purchase Beauty and Vaiana as my next pay day is not till 29th June and I will have lot of direct debits due on the 1st and 10th July so my spare funds will be limited

Vaiana I don't like the title so that one I'm not to fussed if I miss out on that one but I would have requested a copy if payment was not required upfront
I have been collecting all the Film Arena releases since Hunger Games and means I will have missing releases now in my collection
Beauty and the Beast I have Zavvi steelbook on pre order and that has the title on the spine and front

Beauty and the Beast European Steelbook the Italy mock ups show pictures on the spine and I might be wrong but I suspect the Film Arena mock up is incorrect showing the Zavvi/Best Buy Steelbook with title on the spine as Film Arena will be getting the European Steelbook as far as I know

If more copies are going to be added after initial copies sold and if I have the funds available I will most likely get Beauty and the Beast release but I can see me missing out on some future film arena releases with having to pay upfront yet I always paid on time when it was previous system.

Having lot of pre orders go live same time is not going to be easy for some members in my opinion as we not all loaded with funds compared to some others and lot of us don't sell the film area releases we get as in they are purchased to open and use as in not purchased to sell.

I would much rather each film arena group buy be spread out better as in at least 2 weeks apart as a minimum and not all go live to pre order on the same day as not all of us have available funds to be ordering and paying upfront for 3 group buys on 1 day or even in 1 week

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jawcrc and ty233
I would much rather each film arena group buy be spread out better as in at least 2 weeks apart as a minimum and not all go live to pre order on the same day as not all of us have available funds to be ordering and paying upfront for 3 group buys on 1 day or even in 1 week

I wouldn't mind paying 3 FAC in a row if release date is close (less than 1month).

I bought all 3 this time but I'm not sure there will be a second time. Paying upfront 3 GBs for a realease date in 2months + is ridiculous IMO (look at SOTD EB debacle...)

Yeah I know I'm not forced to buy bla-bla-bla, well yes I quite am if i really want a title and keep my collectible number. Funds are not a problem for me, waiting ages for a title I have paid for months ago IS the problem!

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and harry
Bought my copy this morning and very much looking forward to it :cigar: Passed on Kimchi's in favour of this so hope I've not made a shocker of a choice lol EEK! (probably have..:rolleyes::facepalm:).

I'm confident Kimchi's slips will be top notch but decided to go with the beefier overall package even though I do expect FA's Lenti to be yet another flat, 2D transitional one and nowhere near Kimchi standard lol. FA's track record with Lenti's isn't great though improving with past few releases it seems? Anything more than "average" will be a welcome surprise in regards to Lenticular effects I think..:D

Still can't believe the amount FA pump out nowadays and now the completists are having to endure 3 GB's in one hit lol or risk missing out on the popular titles. I used to love my FAC collecting and keeping up with current releases but soon realised how crazy it was getting with the relentless onslaught of releases/variants per release and decided to slow it down a bit. Feel a lot better for doing so :emb: (and so does my wallet :joy:).

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233 and Actarus
Bought my copy this morning and very much looking forward to it :cigar: Passed on Kimchi's in favour of this so hope I've not made a shocker of a choice lol EEK! (probably have..:rolleyes::facepalm:).

I'm confident Kimchi's slips will be top notch but decided to go with the beefier overall package even though I do expect FA's Lenti to be yet another flat, 2D transitional one and nowhere near Kimchi standard lol. FA's track record with Lenti's isn't great though improving with past few releases it seems? Anything more than "average" will be a welcome surprise in regards to Lenticular effects I think..:D

Still can't believe the amount FA pump out nowadays and now the completists are having to endure 3 GB's in one hit lol or risk missing out on the popular titles. I used to love my FAC collecting and keeping up with current releases but soon realised how crazy it was getting with the relentless onslaught of releases/variants per release and decided to slow it down a bit. Feel a lot better for doing so :emb: (and so does my wallet :joy:).

I did the same, went for this over Kimchi, I also now, only go for the releases I really want or really like, can't keep up with the amount coming out, far too expensive, so they now have to be a film I love or it is has to be a stunning package :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry