Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little shocked at how fast this sold out especially since there are other titles like Finding Dory that didn't sell out for months (did it ever sell out actually?)

Got your order in?

I did not order. I decided to wait to see live pictures of the fullslip and video of the lenti. Which ever i like more i will go for it by buying here or ebay or trading here.

Sorry to see that you did not got lenti. I think the reason was sold out fast was because FAC has the same artwork as kimchi fullslip so people wanted to get something different.
If the lenti will be back in stock i will tagg you. Just keep an eye on the release date

I think the reason was sold out fast was because FAC has the same artwork as kimchi fullslip so people wanted to get something different.

I was thinking the same as to why it took longer to sell out.
But tbh after constantly comparing both beauty shots for the last week I decided that this full slip verison has the better colouring of that art plus I prefer that they use the spacesuit on the front and not the arm like the FAC version

Wow, that was surreal. Initially I wasn't going to try to order at 1 AM but I woke up at 12:47 to use the bathroom so I said, screw it - I'll log on and grab a copy - I'm glad I did as the full slip is now OOS. I think that's the best edition. I'm sure it'll look even better in-hand. Kimchi does some great work on these premium steels. The color on this looks amazing.

There wouldn't of been 800 going live just then. Other GBs etc have taken place and maybe this film is more popular that people like to admit it was

Guys it's not actually 800 copies available for sale. Majority is reserved for domestic/local market. Add in GBs and it's not much...

Knowing the qty Tony allows for GBs it won't be that much for GBs ;) Definitely more reserved for domestic sales

Knowing the qty Tony allows for GBs it won't be that much for GBs ;) Definitely more reserved for domestic sales

I just meant it weren't bang on 800 going live but yeah it did seem to be popular which is good I suppose

I just hope I made the right choice lol

Have you gone for this?

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I'm a little shocked at how fast this sold out especially since there are other titles like Finding Dory that didn't sell out for months (did it ever sell out actually?)

Lower print run and a large portion reserved for domestic (Korean) sales.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I know I go on and I apologise but I know a lot of the Korean market prefer O-rings based on Facebook comments. Kimchidvd sells them out in minutes regardless of the titles while other full slips sit. I'm not saying those are linked but they might be. I think perhaps a lot of the fullslip fans are either mostly on this site or they are just more vocal.

Last edited:
I know I go on and apologise but I know a lot of the Korean market prefer O-rings based on Facebook comments. Kimchidvd sells them out in minutes regardless of the titles while other full slips sit. I'm not saying those are linked but they might be. I think perhaps a lot of the fullslip fans are either mostly on this site or they are just more vocal.

It's just preference mate. If they sell well there's no reason to change it because a few members from HDN prefers full slips lol. If I was kimchi/nova I would keep it the same purely for business reasons.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Exactly! There you go. And what, like ~3 sites with GBs, plus social media? Easily 100 - 150 copies for international customers on preorder day (i would assume)