11.5 KB · Views: 60,763
Last edited by a moderator:
2 well-priced limited edition pre-orders on Amazon:-

1) BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA - 4,000 (Arrow) @GBP 14.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MXGXFAO/?tag=hidefnin-21
166390_large.jpg

"Final specs:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release;
- Original 1.0 mono audio;
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing;
- Brand new audio commentary by Stephen Prince, author of Savage Cinema: Sam Peckinpah and the Rise of Ultraviolent Movies, recorded exclusively for this release;
- Audio commentary by Sam Peckinpah scholars Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons and David Weddle, moderated by Nick Redman;
- Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron, Paul Joyce’s feature-length 1993 documentary featuring interviews with James Coburn, Kris Kristofferson, Monte Hellman, Ali MacGraw, James Robards and others, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever;
- The John Player Lecture: Sam Peckinpah, audio recording of the director’s on-stage appearance at the National Film Theatre;
- Four songs by Kris Kristofferson, filmed during the making of Man of Iron;
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain
- Extensive collector’s booklet containing new writing by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and numerous reprints including interviews and more [Limited Edition exclusive]

LIMITED-EDITION BONUS BLU-RAY

Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron – The Director’s Cut

A brand-new, extended version of Paul Joyce’s documentary, containing more than TEN HOURS of previously unseen interview footage, featuring actors RG Armstrong, James Coburn, LQ Jones, Kris Kristofferson, Ali MacGraw and Jason Robards, director Monte Hellman, producers Michael Deeley and Daniel Melnick, writers Alan Sharp and Jim Silke, writer-producer Gordon Dawson, assistant Katherine Haber, editor Garth Craven, satirist Mort Sahl, property master Bob Visciglia, bar owner Tom Runyon and cousin Bob Peckinpah, plus newly-shot interviews with Joyce, Haber and actor David Warner"

2) CHARLIE CHAPLIN: THE ESSANAY COMEDIES 1915-1916 @GBP 19.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N75L59W/?tag=hidefnin-21
154541_large.jpg

"Full specs:
Charlie Chaplin
The Essanay Comedies
2-disc set on Blu-ray and DVD

In 1914, the great Charlie Chaplin signed a one-year contract with the Essanay Film Manufacturing Company for what was then an unprecedented salary. Shooting in its California and Chicago studios, he went on to make 16 films that established him as the world’s favourite screen comedian. On 23 January 2017 the BFI will release The Essanay Comedies, a collection of all 16 films, in 2-disc Blu-ray and DVD sets. Each set also contains exclusive special features never before released in the UK, including a 1951 version of A Burlesque on Carmen voiced by comedian Peter Sellers.

Unlike other stars of the time, Charlie Chaplin retained creative control over his films, from writing to casting and directing. Despite the strain that put on his relationship with Essanay, this fruitful period of his career saw him evolve his style, resulting in seminal works such as The Tramp, The Bank and The Champion.

These comprehensive collections are the result of a 12-year project led by Lobster Films and Cineteca di Bologna to fully restore the films, which are:

His New Job, A Night Out, The Champion, In the Park, A Jitney Elopement, The Tramp, By the Sea, His Regeneration, Work, A Woman, The Bank, Shanghaied, A Night in the Show, A Burlesque on Carmen, Police and Triple Trouble

Special features
• All films fully restored in High Definition
• Charlie Chaplin: The Long Year at Essanay (2016, 23 mins): newly produced video essay presented by writer and broadcaster Glenn Mitchell;
• Charlie’s Triple Trouble (c1944, 15 mins): the re-released British version of Chaplin’s 1918 film Triple Trouble;
• A Burlesque on Carmen (1951, 36 mins): containing additional footage filmed after Chaplin’s departure from Essanay. This version features a commentary by comedian Peter Sellers, which was used for the film’s British re-release;
• Charlie Butts In (c1920, 10 mins): short compilation of out-takes and alternative shots from Chaplin’s 1915 film A Night Out;
• Illustrated booklet with essays by Frank Scheide, new writing by Glenn Mitchell and Vic Pratt, and full film credits

Blu-ray product details
RRP: £29.99 / Cat. no. BFIB1211 / Cert U
USA / 1915-1916 / black and white / silent, with English intertitles and music / 402 mins / original aspect ratio 1:33:1 // BD50 x 2 / 1080p / 24fps / PCM 2.0 stereo audio (48k/24-bit)

DVD product details
RRP: £24.99 / Cat. no. BFIV2043 / Cert U
USA / 1915-1916 / black and white / silent, with English intertitles and music / 386 mins / original aspect ratio 1:33:1 // DVD 9 x 2 / Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo audio (320kbps)"

Thats a great price. Though I still do prefer the english one i got from the UK.
How much was your uk one? When i decided i wanted this uk was sold out and had been since.
But got over $200 off australia version due buying discounted gift cards and the promo they had on. Would no way pay there current asking probably highest price worldwide.
Could have got bit more off if i found a few more gift cards. But they tried to say in store it was last one there was another. Still saved though.

Reactions: elle82
How much was your uk one? When i decided i wanted this uk was sold out and had been since.
But got over $200 off australia version due buying discounted gift cards and the promo they had on. Would no way pay there current asking probably highest price worldwide.
Could have got bit more off if i found a few more gift cards. But they tried to say in store it was last one there was another. Still saved though.
It was around $362.

Middle Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition

€129.97

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01JLETMQ8/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

€129 wow thats cheap i got the Australian version and it was still double this with discounted gift cards and 20% promo. I may have grabbed this if i had not had it already even if not in english.

I bit the bullet and grabbed it at this price.€150 including p+p to Ireland.
But now I have received an email stating that the price was incorrect and my order has cancelled :(. I thought they still had to honor the order.Its there fault its miss priced.

But now I have received an email stating that the price was incorrect and my order has cancelled :(. I thought they still had to honor the order.Its there fault its miss priced.
I would argue with them on that. Don't let them off with it. You purchased at that price end of. They just can not start cancelling orders when they feel like it.

I received the cancellation email today. I sent another complaining and in response they gave no hope.

Guten Tag,
wir haben eine wichtige Information zu Ihrer aktuellen Bestellung ********
Sie hatten bei uns folgende(n) Artikel bestellt:
Mittelerde Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]

Der Artikel wurde von uns auf der Website irrtümlich mit einem falschen Preis ausgezeichnet. Wir mussten ihn daher aus Ihrer Bestellung stornieren. Selbstverständlich wird er Ihnen nicht in Rechnung gestellt.
Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis - vielleicht haben Sie sich ja schon selbst über den ungewöhnlichen Preis gewundert.
Laut unseren AGB kommt der Kaufvertrag über ein Produkt immer erst mit Absenden der Versandbestätigungs-E-Mail zustande. Hilfsweise erklären wir jedoch die Anfechtung wegen Irrtums.
Bitte entschuldigen Sie den Fehler, den wir mittlerweile korrigiert haben. Bei Interesse bitten wir um Neubestellung des Artikels, sofern verfügbar.
Wir danken für Ihr Verständnis.
(Dies ist eine automatisch versendete E-Mail. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die E-Mail-Adresse nur zum Versenden, nicht aber zum Empfang von E-Mails eingerichtet ist.)
Freundliche Grüße
Kundenservice Amazon.de

Google translator

Good day,

We have important information about your current order **********
You ordered the following articles:
Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
The article has been mistakenly awarded with a wrong price by us on the website. We had to cancel it from your order. Of course he will not be billed to you.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
According to our GTC, the purchase contract for a product always comes into being with the sending of the shipping confirmation e-mail. However, we may declare the temptation for error.
Please excuse the mistake we have corrected. If you are interested, we ask you to re-order the article, if available.
Thank you for your understanding.
(This is an automatically sent e-mail, please do not reply to this letter because the e-mail address is only for sending, but not for receiving e-mails.)
regards

ustomer Service Amazon.com

----------------------

Second email:

Dear Diogo,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue.

I'm very sorry because of this inconvenience and for the fact that a price error caused the product withdrawal from the market.

I have immediately checked with our department that is in charge for this issue, and we are waiting for a response.

In the meantime, I suggest you to take a look at the same item but only sold by another seller and fulfilled by Amazon:

Other email

Dear Customer

I have checked on the availability of "Mittelerde Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] ".

Unfortunately, I have just learned that this article is currently not available, and we will not be able to fulfill your order. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The information about the availability of the titles, we receive from our suppliers - usually we can rely on such information.

We had initially upheld the order, because we always try to use other sources

However, it is possible that copies are available through third-party sellers at Amazon.de Marketplace. Amazon.de Marketplace
allows customers to buy and sell their new, used, collectable and refurbished books, music, videos, DVDs, video games and electronic
items on our retail website.

If you buy an item at Amazon.de Marketplace, the individual seller will process and deliver your order. Sellers generally dispatch items within two business days.

For more information on buying and selling at Amazon.de Marketplace, please visit our (German) Marketplace Help pages:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=886412&tag=hidefnin0d-21
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3366381&tag=hidefnin0d-21

I would also like to inform you that should we be forced to cancel your order, you will not be charged for the Item(s) as we only charge your account once the Items leave our fulfillment centre.

I wish you good luck in locating this item and thanks again for shopping at Amazon.de.

Reactions: elle82 and Flash
Other email

Dear Customer

I have checked on the availability of "Mittelerde Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] ".

Unfortunately, I have just learned that this article is currently not available, and we will not be able to fulfill your order. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The information about the availability of the titles, we receive from our suppliers - usually we can rely on such information.

We had initially upheld the order, because we always try to use other sources

However, it is possible that copies are available through third-party sellers at Amazon.de Marketplace. Amazon.de Marketplace
allows customers to buy and sell their new, used, collectable and refurbished books, music, videos, DVDs, video games and electronic
items on our retail website.

If you buy an item at Amazon.de Marketplace, the individual seller will process and deliver your order. Sellers generally dispatch items within two business days.

For more information on buying and selling at Amazon.de Marketplace, please visit our (German) Marketplace Help pages:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=886412&tag=hidefnin0d-21
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3366381&tag=hidefnin0d-21

I would also like to inform you that should we be forced to cancel your order, you will not be charged for the Item(s) as we only charge your account once the Items leave our fulfillment centre.

I wish you good luck in locating this item and thanks again for shopping at Amazon.de.

Yeah right how many times that happens when companies make a mistake so they cancel and remove from site then say that and then like week later reappears miracularlously at full price, what a cop out :(

Reactions: diogoffonseca