Lines forming at Best Buy 2013

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Deal News and USA Today:

"The above image was taken outside the Best Buy in Akron, Ohio on November 19 at 1:26 pm. That's a full nine days, four hours, and 34 minutes before the store opens on Thanksgiving (since retailers are now celebrating Black Friday early). These people have technically been camping out even longer, since we're only basing this 9+ day hunkering down on the timestamp of the original tweet from a local news station:

Now, no matter how hungry the media are for "crazy Black Friday shopping" images, it still must have taken that news crew some time to drive over to Best Buy after receiving the hot tip that people had already started lining up; these people were most definitely setting up their tents hours before the original tweet.

If you're like us, then you're probably perplexed about what motivates someone to take Black Friday to this extreme level...."

Count me in the camp that can't figure out the allure. Of course, I've never gone to a Black Friday sale in person, so I guess I'm not the right audience. It boggles my mind to watch people getting trampled at places like Walmart. What at Walmart could possibly be that worth it?

I'm out here- number 22 on line. I arrived 5 days ago, excited and hopeful to get new keyboard - arriving with a small tent, large generator for electric heater - and some antibiotic cream. First few days we huddled around small fires and sang irish folk songs about roving, as we sipped on brandy and ate small rodents we hunted near the Greek restaurant's dumpster. The last few days factions have grouped, tempers flaring, with somebody from the 9 day zoo crew stealing my antibiotic cream. This is having harrowing health concerns on myself - allowing an infected mole on my back to grow in horrific size, with some niners cruelly calling me the hunchback, of sidewalk shame.

Please send food, hookers and a dermatologist - thanks!

I will survive. :LOL:

:hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: mrpitt
I'm out here- number 22 on line. I arrived 5 days ago, excited and hopeful to get new keyboard - arriving with a small tent, large generator for electric heater - and some antibiotic cream. First few days we huddled around small fires and sang irish folk songs about roving, as we sipped on brandy and ate small rodents we hunted near the Greek restaurant's dumpster. The last few days factions have grouped, tempers flaring, with somebody from the 9 day zoo crew stealing my antibiotic cream. This is having harrowing health concerns on myself - allowing an infected mole on my back to grow in horrific size, with some niners cruelly calling me the hunchback, of sidewalk shame.

Please send food, hookers and a dermatologist - thanks!

I will survive. :LOL:

Best post of the week... no the month! LOL. :thumbs:

Reactions: mrpitt
Thanks - while I am not actually "out" there, my mind travels to special places at various times, and you can say I am out of it most of the day.

The only time I will wait in line for over an hour, maybe 2 - is at an In and Out burger drive through and a roller coaster that has vomit inducing capabilities. :LOL::scat:

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

What keyboard is it?

iMicro KB-US819EB Basic USB

Side note -Love San Pedro - got a lot of ink done at socaltattoo - if you ever pass by, tell Tom Berg, Danny with the black BMW RT- from New York, said hello.

Johnny Cash portrait, and zombie bagpiper.

Tom did the back piece design for the prison break series, as well as the 2002 flick, Red Dragon - we always talked about doing a Hitchcock movie back piece on me - this was before I moved out to SE Asia.

Nice guy - super talented artist. :thumbs:

Reactions: digitalbabe