Lines forming at Best Buy 2013

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Deal News and USA Today:

"The above image was taken outside the Best Buy in Akron, Ohio on November 19 at 1:26 pm. That's a full nine days, four hours, and 34 minutes before the store opens on Thanksgiving (since retailers are now celebrating Black Friday early). These people have technically been camping out even longer, since we're only basing this 9+ day hunkering down on the timestamp of the original tweet from a local news station:

Now, no matter how hungry the media are for "crazy Black Friday shopping" images, it still must have taken that news crew some time to drive over to Best Buy after receiving the hot tip that people had already started lining up; these people were most definitely setting up their tents hours before the original tweet.

If you're like us, then you're probably perplexed about what motivates someone to take Black Friday to this extreme level...."

9 days is a bit excessive. Consider the cost of what you will buy versus what it costs to camp out that long (lost work, other productive means, etc). If you are spending that much money the likelihood is you are in the elite BB status so you get early bird access online on Monday anyway.

This is just dumb.

even if you are a retiree, it still is not easy to camp out for 9 days. Honestly I think they think they'll get something for free for waiting that long and they will not be satisfied even if they do.

Retirees with too much time ha

:hilarious:

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

even if you are a retiree, it still is not easy to camp out for 9 days. Honestly I think they think they'll get something for free for waiting that long and they will not be satisfied even if they do.

I have met folks at the front of the line before....not retirees usually-at least not at my store...young kids, or Dads and Moms trying to be one of the first to get tickets that are given out for limited items. And also some people that then wait for a few days, and sell their ticket...in the parking lot for big bucks...seen it happen.

:hilarious:

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I have met folks at the front of the line before....not retirees usually-at least not at my store...young kids, or Dads and Moms trying to be one of the first to get tickets that are given out for limited items. And also some people that then wait for a few days, and sell their ticket...in the parking lot for big bucks...seen it happen.

If you have to buy your spot in line then do you not just lose the savings :hilarious:

And if you are 15th in line and come 2 days later you will likely still get whatever you want anyway :dunno:

Its just too twisted for me to really understand in any form. Someone should walk up to them and be like black Friday is next Friday not this friday

A few things I want to say about this. I live VERY close to Akron.

#1. This is beyond embarrassing to our state which is not so great
#2. Their has BEEN a HUGE backlash since local news posted on facebook
#3. Im pretty confident they are not retires
#4.Why do this to save a few hundred $$$ when im pretty sure they are living off our taxes (not confirmed tho).
#5. If they are this dedicated a few hundred why not get a damn job
#6 . Ill shut the hell up before I get to foul mouthed and get it trouble
#7. Go watch South Parks Black friday episode right now

Reactions: bloodsnake007
A few things I want to say about this. I live VERY close to Akron.

#1. This is beyond embarrassing to our state which is not so great
#2. Their has BEEN a HUGE backlash since local news posted on facebook
#3. Im pretty confident they are not retires
#4.Why do this to save a few hundred $$$ when im pretty sure they are living off our taxes (not confirmed tho).
#5. If they are this dedicated a few hundred why not get a damn job
#6 . Ill shut the hell up before I get to foul mouthed and get it trouble
#7. Go watch South Parks Black friday episode right now

Dude!!!! I saw this thread 1st then I saw the Black Friday episode of South Park later on, that **** was hilarious!!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Digibabe chose one hell of day to post it! :joy:

Reactions: mrpitt and Xavier
Glad you guys are having fun in here-there are certainly opinions on one side and the other of this, and always have been:)

I'm out here- number 22 on line. I arrived 5 days ago, excited and hopeful to get new keyboard - arriving with a small tent, large generator for electric heater - and some antibiotic cream. First few days we huddled around small fires and sang irish folk songs about roving, as we sipped on brandy and ate small rodents we hunted near the Greek restaurant's dumpster. The last few days factions have grouped, tempers flaring, with somebody from the 9 day zoo crew stealing my antibiotic cream. This is having harrowing health concerns on myself - allowing an infected mole on my back to grow in horrific size, with some niners cruelly calling me the hunchback, of sidewalk shame.

Please send food, hookers and a dermatologist - thanks!

I will survive. :LOL: