Lion King (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
These are not Steelbooks, Iron Packs or Metal Paks. More info here.

Official Futureshop pre-order link now live:

Release Date October 4,2011

M2191746.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=8789d855b1daa1d3fd9a3027e693c7c0en02

Attachments

• lion king.jpg
    lion king.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rand
Just picked this up. I know people in the USA had this for a while now but I finally got to see it with my own eyes.

And I got to say, i'm NOT impressed. It feels very "cheap".
Doesn't even come close to the quality of a SteelBook. It's not the worst thing in the world... but i might reconsider buying the other upcoming Disney Collectable Packaging releases.

keep in mind...

it's FREE as a bonus :)

Disney metal packaging = made out of metal and plastic.
Steelbook packaging = made out of metal and plastic.

Just picked this up. I know people in the USA had this for a while now but I finally got to see it with my own eyes.

Doesn't even come close to the quality of a SteelBook. It's not the worst thing in the world... but i might reconsider buying the other upcoming Disney Collectable Packaging releases.

I mentioned in the other lion king thread there are $8 off coupon online for this and there was a 24.99 price error and the coupon was also honored with price error at best buy this morning. Can't wait to get off work to grab a copy for the gf's collection.

I know, I shouldn't be complaining. I can always just buy the regular version with the slip cover instead. But I like getting collectable editions of movies, i just wish these were of higher quality.

But its like choosing between a Free Ford or Free Ferrari. I'd rather take the Ferrari. haha

And for Canada members it is not "free" or cheap, as in the US,because they include the BD, and in some cases the 3D BD:)

The design is nice but I must agree. The guage of steel used in this package does not feel as thick as a STEELBOOK. However, when you're not given a choice between the two....

Hi all-for anyone new to the hobby and does want to explore all versions of the films, there are G2 Steelbooks(TM) available for all 3 of the titles that had 'Viva Metal Box' releases in US(no discs) and Canada (with discs)-they just need to be imported,and of course, since they also include the movies,will be more expensive. If you have any questions, always feel free to ask! :scat:

Want to trade my Bourne Collection (including Bourne Legacy for The Lion King VMB sealed (if its the best buy version sealed, i want the amaray 3D discs and slip cover as well sealed if possible)