Logan (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #77) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 12, 2017
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: Edition 1 (999 CZK) - Edition 2 (1099 CZK) - Edition 3 (999 CZK) - Edition 4 (4499 CZK)
HDN Group Buy: Live May 29 at a random time and closes June 6 - each edition limited to 100 copies.
E1 GB open HERE
E2 GB open HERE
E3 GB open HERE
E4 GB open HERE
E5 GB open HERE

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
steelbook.jpg interior.jpg
FilmArena have listened to feedback and have therefore updated the artwork - more info soon!
IMG_2161.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take a 1/4 slip on this one if they done them oh well, I guess we'll soon see if there any improvements on the other slips, like others I'm not impressed at all so far.

I'm in because I want the full xmen/wolverine FAC set but I really think the slips are weak. Probably they'll have a nice finish though. One can just hope

Ah okay, thanks. Sorry, I didn't get this. :)

FNAC are only showing what is being referred to as "comic" art. We'll see.

Something similar happened for Assassin's Creed btw, FNAC were showing the standard WWA and Amazon ended up getting the white steelbook with different artwork. We'll know once in-hand pics start showing up. :)

Thanks for that. I just thought that was the way Film arena displayed their listing, with the wrong photos. Glad to hear it just hasn't been updated yet and hasn't yet sold out. What sort of price would these normally come to with postage and packing, and is the group buy and direct buy usually around the same price? What I mean is, are these FAC usually good value for money in you guys' opinion?

I know the black and white slip isn't to everyone's taste and may be a little simple, but I think it contrasts the very colourful steelbook really well. It also reminds me of Johnny Cash's American album covers, which is maybe not coincidence when you consider the music in the trailer and the sort of look they were trying to sell.

what price would they normally sell for on FAC? well, casually peruse any of the ongoing FAC threads, and you my detect just a smidgen of disapproval at FAC's recent price hikes. this would be a standard current view, i'd say:
giphy.gif

current FACs are selling on their website for... 999CZK-1399 CZK (that's approx £31/$41 - £44/$57, according to FX). i've never gone with FAC direct order, so can't comment on P&P, others may chip in for that (@Actarus?). i'd say they used to be value for money. but this year...

i've always got my first release FACs via HDN GBs, mainly because it it the best way to ensure you can get a copy, it's such a bunfight via their main website. you will pay HDN GB fees on top of the other costs, but you can be sure Karel :notworthy: and Martin :notworthy: will shepherd your product to you safely and securely, and it's a small price to pay for peace of mind. :)

also, i see what you mean about Johnny Cash b+w covers! hadn't thought of that.