Man of Steel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #63) [China]

May 6, 2015
Netherlands
Release date: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by Wreck

53299570675_854eb82f1e_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, yes. I'd open it though, not leave it closed. Don't be to OTT with heating it up either, as it can damage it. It's all about heating the top layer of gloss up so it essentially re-finishes itself. Obviously leave it to dry for a while and do not touch it.
Cool thanks. That’s really handy to know in case mine arrives with a similar stain. Which I have no idea when it is arriving.

Also handy to know for other glossy steelbooks in future.

Reactions: samdavies
Out of curiosity did you both order from the high def ninja shop? And who is notifying you that your order is arriving? I haven’t heard anything about my order
I think they got theirs elsewhere. I'm yet to receive mine so don't worry about the delay. Ordered mine from here

I think they got theirs elsewhere. I'm yet to receive mine so don't worry about the delay. Ordered mine from here
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder what was going on seeing a few posts about others receiving their orders or notifications they are arriving soon.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder what was going on seeing a few posts about others receiving their orders or notifications they are arriving soon.
You're welcome. You should get it soon. Just others got theirs earlier and others will get theirs later. Just a waiting game now

Out of curiosity did you both order from the high def ninja shop? And who is notifying you that your order is arriving? I haven’t heard anything about my order
Nope, we both ordered our's elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I went through this with you (and/or another member) a few pages back. Blufans tracking doesn't always make its way through to buyers, depending on where they were purchased. That doesn't mean orders aren't on their way. They'll just turn up randomly.

Yeah as Sam said it was from another GB and Royal Mail text me saying it will be delivered Wednesday. Checked the tracking and said the same.

Ok thanks all. Very first premium order. All a learning experience. Anticipation is high if you couldn’t tell lol
Blufans can really take a while. Communication is always extremely minimal from Blufans and the hosts can only tell you so much. Mine was dispatched a few weeks back and was in limbo with no update for 13 days. So yeah it does feel like sometimes nothing is happening but it just takes time unfortunately. That’s every aspect with Blufans though, from beauty shots to payment to receiving it. Not like Manta where you get it a week or less after dispatch

That’s awesome. Glad it worked. I’m confused how the hairdryer trick works. Do you blow the air directly on the front of the steelbook? So lay it down closed and apply the air the to the front Where the stain was?
tbh I just held it in my hand, closed and put some heat on the stained area for like 15-25 seconds.

Nothing crazy - held it against the light to instantly see the changes tho.

I’m pretty sure the foil was put on a bit to early since it were exactly those spots. So the very upper layer of the gloss coat was altered and refinished again by heating it up, which was all it needed in this case.

Yeah as Sam said it was from another GB and Royal Mail text me saying it will be delivered Wednesday. Checked the tracking and said the same.

Blufans can really take a while. Communication is always extremely minimal from Blufans and the hosts can only tell you so much. Mine was dispatched a few weeks back and was in limbo with no update for 13 days. So yeah it does feel like sometimes nothing is happening but it just takes time unfortunately. That’s every aspect with Blufans though, from beauty shots to payment to receiving it. Not like Manta where you get it a week or less after dispatch
Thanks again. All this information helps. Only previously bought the standard steels you buy in local department stores.

Reactions: Flloydo
tbh I just held it in my hand, closed and put some heat on the stained area for like 15-25 seconds.

Nothing crazy - held it against the light to instantly see the changes tho.

I’m pretty sure the foil was put on a bit to early since it were exactly those spots. So the very upper layer of the gloss coat was altered and refinished again by heating it up, which was all it needed in this case.
it’s a great thing to know and glad it worked so well for you.

Probably a long shot but today I received notice from customs that a package from China is waiting for the import formalities.
This is currently the only thing that I have pending China wise. I bought this via the HDN shop and so far I did not receive any info about dispatch. Does anyone know if the HDN shipments were sent out? The shipper in my case is some company named Xunyang and was dispatched from CN 29.4..