Upcoming Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 7) [Disney+]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
11666313_920734781324704_5558865372828242077_n.jpg

From IMDb:
The missions of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

From Comic Book Resources, as of May 10, 2013:
This Fall, Joss Whedon will once again have a series on network television. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.LD." pilot was ordered by ABC last August, and now various sources including Entertainment Weekly, IGN and SitcomcsOnline are reporting that ABC has all but publicly confirmed the pilot has been picked up to series.

Directed by "The Avengers" helmer Whedon and co-written by Whedon along with "Dollhouse" veterans Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, the series spins out of the events of "The Avengers" and stars Clark Gregg, returning to his fan-favorite role as Agent Phil Coulson, and Marvel Universe newcomers Brett Dalton, Ming-Na-Wen, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet.

agents_of_shield_625.jpg

Attachments

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 484
  • agents_of_shield_banner_625.jpg
    agents_of_shield_banner_625.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 462
Last edited by a moderator:
The way that I see it, it's only had three episodes and Whedon shows usually take a good five to six to kick it into high gear. Also, while superheroes haven't been appearing, it's been relatively faithful to the comics every single week...

EP. 1 - Maria Hill appearing (How I Met Your Mother wraps up this year, so I'm fully expecting Cobie Smulders to join this show for season 2)

EP. 2 -
Nick Fury appearing at the end (how awesome was it to see Sam Jackson on a TV show?!)

EP. 3 - Dr. Franklin Hall, in the comic books, is a super-villain named Graviton. Keep an eye out for inevitable return to the show!

So, yeah, while it seems to be moving at a slower pace than most were expecting, it's just warming up. I really think it's cool how Marvel are doing the after-the-credits-cliffhanger/teaser that they do in the movies, too.

Reactions: psychoscot
Has been slow to start but then so has every Whedon show. With a Buffy tattoo I may also be a little biased lol! :D

This show has so many possibilities. Would be great to see Hill join full time. It's about time we saw Cobie kick ass! :cool:

Has been slow to start but then so has every Whedon show. With a Buffy tattoo I may also be a little biased lol! :D

This show has so many possibilities. Would be great to see Hill join full time. It's about time we saw Cobie kick ass! :cool:

This is the final year of How I Met Your Mother, so anything's possible for Season 2.

Reactions: psychoscot
This is the final year of How I Met Your Mother, so anything's possible for Season 2.

Would be a smart move for her. I can't see her ever being an A list Oscar type actress, but she could certainly become Queen of Marvels TV world. That's a BIG fan base lol.

Would also fit nicely with the films, we're never going to get any of the major film players in anything other than a possible "quick hello" role, so her and Coulson make a nice bridge between the two :)

i love it. it shows the non superhero side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I agree its been rather interesting and im betting they will leave it at a nice cliff hanger. My dad enjoys the show as well so it gives us something else to talk about every week. This last weeks episode was for sure picking up the speed more and more. Im also happy to see they are creating back stories as well .

I had hoped she would make some sort of appearance before the end of this season .

I've enjoyed it so far, but I always get lost with American shows - why do they constantly disappear for weeks at a time?!?!

Very cool news regarding the Nov. 19th episode... it'll be a crossover with Thor: The Dark World! :scat:

“In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

None of the Thor characters will appear, but guest stars will include Peter MacNicol (Renfield!), Erin Way (hey there, Kat from Alphas!), and Michael Graziadei (American Horror Story: Murder House’s Travis) and the episode will be directed by Jonathan Frakes! :LOL:

Reactions: Drum18
HOT DAMN has this show ever picked up steam! Deathlok's in the house, Bill Paxton's been guesting and now the ramifications of Captain America 2 will move over to Coulson's team... I'm glad I've stuck with this show! It's so entertaining now!

HOT DAMN has this show ever picked up steam! Deathlok's in the house, Bill Paxton's been guesting and now the ramifications of Captain America 2 will move over to Coulson's team... I'm glad I've stuck with this show! It's so entertaining now!

YEP! This weeks episode truly took the show into finally feeling like part of the Marvel film Universe. Stunning entertainment, if every episode was this good it would be my number 1 show.

With Agent Hill back next week for a double bill of back to back episode, looks like the show has finally found it's feet. I just hope it wasn't too late and that they get a season 2.

Finally got around to last week's tie-in episode with Captain America. This show just gets better and better!! I kind of saw the twist coming, though I really didn't want to believe it. In true Whedon fashion, this show started slow, but now it's an absolute must-watch! :scat: