Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Coming November 2011

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

Includes:

Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Another feature the collection supports is called "Transfarring" Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
5816924308_761bdc31bc_o.png

i tried horhay i really did, i played 2 MGS games (snake eater and MGS4) and i didnt like either one of them, i thought MGS4 had beautiful graphics and im sure a wonderufl story but its not me

Thing is, you cant appreciate the MGS4 story just jumpin in on it ... gotta start with the classic!

i tried horhay i really did, i played 2 MGS games (snake eater and MGS4) and i didnt like either one of them, i thought MGS4 had beautiful graphics and im sure a wonderufl story but its not me

I hear ya, I have a few friends on the same boat. Snake Eater was a good game. The story sets these games apart. It's truly great how each title weaved the story together leading up to MGS4.

Thing is, you cant appreciate the MGS4 story just jumpin in on it ... gotta start with the classic!

Very true, MGS1 simply got me hooked.

I never played Snake Eater past an hour ... tho i do own it on ps2 lol ... still sealed ... a TRU exclusive.

MGS HD Collection to retail for $49.99?

North American retail giant GameStop has staple-gunned a $49.99 price tag to Konami’s Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

The price – which has yet to be confirmed, we might add – puts the game $10 cheaper than your bog standard retail release. The listing also pegs the Collection for a November 29 launch.

Due out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the bundle offers up Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker complete with Trophy/Achievement support and 1080p visuals.

The ports are being handled by Bluepoint (of God of War Collection fame) and will also run at an eye-popping 60fps.

So you got Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of the Patriots Substance and/or Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance?

No, I have MGS3 snake eater TRU exclusive which comes with some extra disc of content of stuff I dont know ... Id have to pull it out and read what it is as I forgot but it was shrink wrapped to back of package.

But then I also got MGS 2 for ps3 original version mint condition.

I'll buy this for trophy support and to play peace walker but I'll wait till the price falls a bit like GOW collection.

There's nothing quite like a butter-smooth frame rate, is there? Fans should be happy to learn that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will indeed run at a slick 60 frames per second.

After sharing images of the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker remake, Hideo Kojima tweeted, "60 frames per second in HD... it's the best! Say peace!" Kojima Productions' Jiroo Tsubuyaki also confirmed the frame rate in a different tweet.

As Andriasang notes, Peace Walker marks the final game in the collection to benefit from a doubled frame rate. Kojima already confirmed the same for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -- and Metal Gear Solid 2, it turns out, always ran at sixty frames per second, even on the PlayStation 2.

We suppose that explains Raiden's ... uh ... smoothness.

Source: Joystiq

Exciting!

Hideo Kojima, comfortable in his natural habitat (Twitter) provided details of two regional versions of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. In Japan, the collection does not include Peace Walker, but does have a download code for the first Metal Gear Solid. The "overseas version" (meaning the one we get) doesn't include the download, but incorporates the HD version of Peace Walker.

In both regional variants, the HD version of Metal Gear Solid 3 is based on the "Subsistence" re-release, which means it has optional, user-controllable camera angles. That version also comes with the emulated MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2, adding two more games to the collection!

Kojima also said that the Metal Gear Solid 2 HD release would be based on "subsistence," by which he must have meant "Substance." He wasn't clear on whether the basis was the PS2 or Xbox version -- a distinction that seems minor until you learn that the PS2 version had a skateboarding minigame that we need in HD. Finally, Kojima tweeted an image of the trophy icons for MGS2 and 3, which you can see after the break.

mgstrophies812.jpg

Source: Joystiq

MGS+trophies = my 1st Plat lol Only game worth doing the extra work :p

Last edited by a moderator: