Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Coming November 2011

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

Includes:

Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Another feature the collection supports is called "Transfarring" Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
:scat:

Attachments

• xlarge_3_camouflage_alt.jpg
    xlarge_3_camouflage_alt.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 57
  • xlarge_3_snake.jpg
    xlarge_3_snake.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 47
  • xlarge_3_snake_and_the_boss.jpg
    xlarge_3_snake_and_the_boss.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 65
  • xlarge_3_snake_and_ocelot.jpg
    xlarge_3_snake_and_ocelot.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 65
  • xlarge_3_ocelot_alt.jpg
    xlarge_3_ocelot_alt.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 61
  • xlarge_3_food.jpg
    xlarge_3_food.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 66
  • xlarge_3_eva.jpg
    xlarge_3_eva.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 51
  • xlarge_3_cutscene.jpg
    xlarge_3_cutscene.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 49
:scat::scat:

Attachments

• xlarge_img0058.jpg
    xlarge_img0058.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 62
  • xlarge_img0056.jpg
    xlarge_img0056.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 56
  • xlarge_img0051.jpg
    xlarge_img0051.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 53
  • xlarge_img0043.jpg
    xlarge_img0043.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
  • xlarge_img0041.jpg
    xlarge_img0041.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63
  • xlarge_img0023.jpg
    xlarge_img0023.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 59
  • xlarge_3_the_pain.jpg
    xlarge_3_the_pain.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 47
  • xlarge_3_the_end.jpg
    xlarge_3_the_end.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
Got all the pictures from Kotaku! Looks pretty damn good! :scat::scat:

Attachments

• xlarge_img0059_2.jpg
    xlarge_img0059_2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 66
  • xlarge_img0062.jpg
    xlarge_img0062.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 61
  • xlarge_img0072.jpg
    xlarge_img0072.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
I still have the PS2 Essentials collection. Guess it's worth keeping for the first one having its own unique case. Really can't wait to play Snake Eater in HD.

I read on Kotaku that MGS HD remake in Japan will include a voucher to get MGS free from the PSN store. Does anyone know if they will include the same thing for the American version?

I've heard it will be the same for the U.S. If you import from JAPAN, I don't think you can get the U.S. DLC however.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

If you are confused about reports that the Japan version is getting Metal Gear Solid (1) as DLC INSTEAD of peacewalker, that seems to imply that peacewalker would be the DLC elsewhere. However, if you look at the U.S. box art, it includes peacewalker. Gamestop also told me that it would have MGS1 for DLC, not that I have a lot of faith in what I'm told there. Also, It's the original MGS1, not and HD remake of Twin Snakes...not sure why the heck they didn't give us that...still the best of the trilogy IMO.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I mean last gen trilogy that is...twin snakes, sons of liberty and snake eater.

No, I am aware of what's included in the MGS HD remake for the US, I was just unsure if MGS 1 would be included as a DLC.

Twin Snakes was awesome, I still have the Gamecube game for it, awesome remake. I wouldn't mind getting that if re-released.

From everything I've heard, we are getting the MGS 1 remake on PSN...I think it might already be out there...it is just the PS1 version they are giving. I'd be most interested to see if 360 users get it on XBLA. I'll see what I can dig up.

I would just guess that if you get the PS3 version, you get a code to download it of PSN since it's already there. I think it's S.O.L. for xbox users. I have both, but prefer to get 360 versions on cross platform.