Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 2, 2018
Purchase links: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Zoom) - £23.99 (Zavvi)

8316194_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine the exact same will happen here... quick money grab before the new film is out with no plans of a matching steelbook. :rolleyes:
]

I highly doubt the designs will continue into the new movie. Generally the newest (un-released) movie gets a different design and the set doesn't match.

For that reason...

55d77983c56c9.jpg

This is how utterly ridiculous steelbook collecting is. I really like this set and would happily hand over £100 for them but the fact that they keep changing designs means there's just no point until Tom Cruise is basically dead and definitely won't be making any more...then you can buy a matching set with confidence :rofl:

Does anyone know if these are going to be region free discs or region B? Can't see anything on Zoom or Zavvi about it. I know some steels always come with region free coding (i.e. Disney, Fox, etc.) but couldn't remember if Universal was one of them...or I'm losing my mind and competely wrong.

For that reason...

55d77983c56c9.jpg

This is how utterly ridiculous steelbook collecting is. I really like this set and would happily hand over £100 for them but the fact that they keep changing designs means there's just no point until Tom Cruise is basically dead and definitely won't be making any more...then you can buy a matching set with confidence :rofl:

This is the same with amaray releases in this series. Also pretty much the same with any series of steelbooks that are released all at the same time for a movies series that is still going. Star Wars for example.

Does anyone know if these are going to be region free discs or region B? Can't see anything on Zoom or Zavvi about it. I know some steels always come with region free coding (i.e. Disney, Fox, etc.) but couldn't remember if Universal was one of them...or I'm losing my mind and competely wrong.
These are from Paramount.

And yes, should be region free like the old play.com steelbooks as they're more than likely the same discs .

I guess you're asking about the 2Ds. In case you don't know, 4Ks are region free by default... there are no regions for this format so you can play it on any 4K player anywhere in the world.

Yup. Paramount. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the clarification @BluSteel2012!

Will still probably buy the set even though it'll be ruined by Fallout likely not being in the same style.

You could always wait a couple years until the release of M:I 7. They'll probably release a new set of matching steelbooks for the first 6 films. And possibly a single steelbook in a few months containing all 6 films.

You could always wait a couple years until the release of M:I 7. They'll probably release a new set of matching steelbooks for the first 6 films. And possibly a single steelbook in a few months containing all 6 films.

Or MI:12...when Tom Cruise is 90 and still playing Ethan Hunt?

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Still seems expensive even for 4K, I can see a big price drop later on!

With the code works out to around £14 per film, that's actually very good value for any film in 4K let alone a new release (even if it is a back catalogue one) but yes dont be surprised if you wait it our eventually the box set comes down even more

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Finish: TBC … but judging from the pic of spines in the SPOILER I'd say Zero or possibly gloss varnish (between zero and glossy).

A beautifully uniform collection w/ stunning design choice but positively saddened by the lack of de-bossed titles.

Quick look at all 5 of these babies courtesy AKIHITO7 :-
DhQj8slUYAEXPF5.jpg:large

DhQkKtmUcAUXrAJ.jpg:large

Delightfully colourful spines giving the Studio Ghiblis a run for their money + inside MI: 1 w/ plain blue 4K disc:-
DhQkERQUcAEpUvE.jpg:large

DhRLy4EU8AAEyRG.jpg:large

DhQnxtFVAAEVz3J.jpg:large

Last edited: